[RECOVERY - 1.2] ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 Touch Recovery - TEAM DRH

Search This thread

fosser2

Apr 14, 2011
Wisconsin

CLICK PIC FOR TEAM HOMEPAGE​

ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 Touch Recovery - TEAM DRH (Update 03/05/12)

This version of ClockworkMod Recovery is based on version 5.5.0.4 and has the following "perks:"
  • Touchscreen
  • Capacitive buttons can select, move up/down, and go back

Download:
http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/Touch_Recovery/CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img (NVFLASH)
http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/Touch_Recovery/CWMR5504_recovery_B15.zip (Flashable Zip)

How to Install:
There are 2 ways to install. Either run the update through the "CWMR5504_recovery_B15.zip" file or use the "CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img" image if you will be flashing it with NVFLASH.

NVFLASH Command
To flash use the following commands:
Code:
nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img

Changelog:
  • Added DRH logo
  • Roboto Font
  • Changed Mount UDB Storage to the /EMMC
  • Added the option to format the internal sdcard /emmc
  • Fixed the magic number mismatch issue
  • Ability to select update from External SDCard or Internal SDCard
  • Made internal/external partitions clear
  • Fixed reboot recovery loop
  • Allowed the /misc partition to be formatted incase you get stuck in a reboot recovery loop
  • Swap size bug fixed
  • Kanged commits to fix the UI overlapping the buttons
  • Removed /misc (fixes hanging at birds)
  • Switched from stock Viewsonic kernel to Pershoot's

To Do:
  • Proper reboot into CWM Recovery
  • More will be added to the list as more bugs are encountered (if any)

How to Perform a Backup
For those wanting to do backup. Here is the step by step on how to get it to work until a proper fix is done (thanks raj...didnt' understand what you were were saying at first):
  1. REMOVE external sd
  2. Boot to CWMR
  3. Go to "mounts and storage" & select "mount /sdcard" (this is what I didn't understand..how internal could be seen as /emmc & /sdcard)
  4. go back to main menu & select "backup and restore"
  5. select "backup to internal sd"
  6. watch backup complete (including .android_secure on the internal sd)
Thanks to AlAbbo for the instructions!

For the people who wonder what this does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGKahQaJadQ

Ported to the G-Tablet by Plastikman
-based on CWM from Koush
-Other credits: gweedo767, cennis91, utkanos
-Original Google+ project page here

Last edited:

phordych05

Jul 13, 2010
philly
I think this was a great idea...nice job...

i have clock work 5.0.2.7...something like that...and wen i install ur zip it works....pull battery...gor right cack into recovery...and its not urs anymore...where can i get clockworkmod 5.5.0.4...so then it willl stay on...i guess i need an update of clock work mod recovery...can you help me out...thanks in advance... ;-)

dony71

Dec 1, 2010
guys,
will this CWM 5.5.0.4 work for update froyo / gingerbread rom also?
currently i'm still using beasty rom (froyo) and thinking to try ICS rom
but if i don't like it, i might want to restore using thisCWM 5.5.0.4
from backup which i have created using CWM 3.0.2.8
is it doable like this?

rmarinella

May 9, 2010
guys,
will this CWM 5.5.0.4 work for update froyo / gingerbread rom also?
currently i'm still using beasty rom (froyo) and thinking to try ICS rom
but if i don't like it, i might want to restore using thisCWM 5.5.0.4
from backup which i have created using CWM 3.0.2.8
is it doable like this?

ROM backups need to be backed up and restored with the same version of CWM.

Sent from my ICS powered g-Tablet using XDA Premium.

fosser2

Apr 14, 2011
Wisconsin
Should I change that to should be backed up and restored with the same version? It's not fun to find out a backup won't restore due to incompatibility.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using xda premium.

Should is a better word. I have seen backups restored w/ different versions of CWM but I have also seen them fail due to different revisions.

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
Should I change that to should be backed up and restored with the same version? It's not fun to find out a backup won't restore due to incompatibility.

Should is a better word. I have seen backups restored w/ different versions of CWM but I have also seen them fail due to different revisions.

There is no incompatibility for backups/restores between CWM versions 2.x, 3.x and 4.x. Both the filenames and the contents of the backup files will be the same. Try it: load each of them in turn, do a backup in each, and look at the nandroid.md5 file produced. Apart from the cache.img and recovery.img files, all the other MD5 sums will be the same.

There are 2 minor incompatibilities with CWM-5.x which only come up when you create a backup in CWM-5.x and then try to restore in one of the older CWM versions. (Going the other way is no problem--ie. CWM-5.x will happily read and restore the backup files created by all the older versions of CWM.):

1. File formats. The contents of /data and /sdcard/.android_secure are now in tar files instead of the old yaffs2 image files.

2. Filenames. The backup filenames have changed from partition_name.img to partition_name.fstype.ext.

To fix the first incompatibility, you can add a ro.cwm.prefer_tar=false line to the /default.prop file in CWM. With this change, CWM-5.x will create the exact same backup files (yaffs2 images) that the other CWM versions also output.

The second incompatibility you can just as easily fix by removing the "fstype." from the backup filenames created by CWM-5.x, and then changing the names to suit in the nandroid.md5 file.

Last edited:
Reactions: raywaldo

rmarinella

May 9, 2010
There is no incompatibility for backups/restores between CWM versions 2.x, 3.x and 4.x. Both the filenames and the contents of the backup files will be the same. Try it: load each of them in turn, do a backup in each, and look at the nandroid.md5 file produced. Apart from the cache.img and recovery.img files, all the other MD5 sums will be the same.

There are 2 minor incompatibilities when it comes to CWM 5.x.

1. File formats. The contents of /data and /sdcard/.android_secure are now in tar files instead of the old yaffs2 image files.

2. Filenames. The backup filenames have changed from partition_name.img to partition_name.fstype.ext.

To fix the first incompatibility, you can add a ro.cwm.prefer_tar=false line to the /default.prop file in CWM. With this change, CWM-5.x will create the exact same backup files (yaffs2 images) that the other CWM versions also output.

The second incompatibility you can just as easily fix by removing the "fstype." from the backup filenames created by CWM-5.x, and then changing the names to suit in the nandroid.md5 file.

What you've stated should be the case. However, I have had issues with compatibility between versions. Bottom line is we should point newer users to proven successful methods that will eliminate most challenges. Following one common procedure for each upgrade, backup and restore accomplishes this.

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
Bottom line is we should point newer users to proven successful methods that will eliminate most challenges. Following one common procedure for each upgrade, backup and restore accomplishes this.
Very admirable--if a little vague. All of these are "proven successful methods that will eliminate most challenges". In Q&A format:

Q. Can I backup in CWM-2.x and restore using CWM-{3,4,5}.x?
A. Yes.

Q. Backup in CWM-3.x and restore using CWM-{2,4,5}.x?
A. Yes.

Q. Backup in CWM-4.x and restore using CWM-{2,3,5}.x?
A. Yes.

Q. Backup in CWM-5.x and restore using CWM-{4,3,2}.x?
A. No, but it's possible.

There is only one case which doesn't work. None of the other cases will cause problems.

However, I have had issues with compatibility between versions.
Which specific versions of CWM and while doing what precisely? Except in one case, the files created (and understood) are exactly the same, so no incompatibility can exist between versions as far as backups and restores are concerned.

rmarinella

May 9, 2010
Very admirable--if a little vague. All of these are "proven successful methods that will eliminate most challenges". In Q&A format:

Q. Can I backup in CWM-2.x and restore using CWM-{3,4,5}.x?
A. Yes.

Q. Backup in CWM-3.x and restore using CWM-{2,4,5}.x?
A. Yes.

Q. Backup in CWM-4.x and restore using CWM-{2,3,5}.x?
A. Yes.

Q. Backup in CWM-5.x and restore using CWM-{4,3,2}.x?
A. No, but it's possible.

There is only one case which doesn't work. None of the other cases will cause problems.

Which specific versions of CWM and while doing what precisely? Except in one case, the files created (and understood) are exactly the same, so no incompatibility can exist between versions as far as backups and restores are concerned.

How confrontational! Sorry, I don't keep logs.

hungsohlo

May 14, 2008
Originally Posted by chief1978 View Post

Guys
I am stuck in a recovery boot loop
How do you fix this?

Fixed with nvflash

Can I get some clarification on this? I flashed with nvflash successfully but I'm stuck in a boot loop.

hungsohlo

May 14, 2008
same as the above poster

Also whenever I use NvFlash to go back to stock it works correctly but any attempt to flash another rom and it just sits at the 3 birds screen. When I try to flash this and go back into CW recovery it just says booting to kernal image.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Forgot to mention earlier - my currect CW version is 2.5.1.1

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
I've tried nvflash and the .zip file. I can not boot back into recovery after installing this CWM. Was originally on CWM v08.

Also whenever I use NvFlash to go back to stock it works correctly but any attempt to flash another rom and it just sits at the 3 birds screen. When I try to flash this and go back into CW recovery it just says booting to kernal image.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Both of you have the same problem. You have a 1.1 bootloader, but, this version of CWM has a kernel built to run on a 1.2 bootloader (this is indicated in the thread title, actually).

Use one of the versions of CWM with a 1.1 kernel in it. See this thread.

Reactions: genei.09

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CLICK PIC FOR TEAM HOMEPAGE​

ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 Touch Recovery - TEAM DRH (Update 03/05/12)

This version of ClockworkMod Recovery is based on version 5.5.0.4 and has the following "perks:"
    • Touchscreen
    • Capacitive buttons can select, move up/down, and go back

Download:
    http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/Touch_Recovery/CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img (NVFLASH)
    http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/Touch_Recovery/CWMR5504_recovery_B15.zip (Flashable Zip)

How to Install:
    There are 2 ways to install. Either run the update through the "CWMR5504_recovery_B15.zip" file or use the "CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img" image if you will be flashing it with NVFLASH.

NVFLASH Command
    To flash use the following commands:
    Code:
    nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img

Changelog:
    • Added DRH logo
    • Roboto Font
    • Changed Mount UDB Storage to the /EMMC
    • Added the option to format the internal sdcard /emmc
    • Fixed the magic number mismatch issue
    • Ability to select update from External SDCard or Internal SDCard
    • Made internal/external partitions clear
    • Fixed reboot recovery loop
    • Allowed the /misc partition to be formatted incase you get stuck in a reboot recovery loop
    • Swap size bug fixed
    • Kanged commits to fix the UI overlapping the buttons
    • Removed /misc (fixes hanging at birds)
    • Switched from stock Viewsonic kernel to Pershoot's

To Do:
    • Proper reboot into CWM Recovery
    • More will be added to the list as more bugs are encountered (if any)

How to Perform a Backup
    For those wanting to do backup. Here is the step by step on how to get it to work until a proper fix is done (thanks raj...didnt' understand what you were were saying at first):
    1. REMOVE external sd
    2. Boot to CWMR
    3. Go to "mounts and storage" & select "mount /sdcard" (this is what I didn't understand..how internal could be seen as /emmc & /sdcard)
    4. go back to main menu & select "backup and restore"
    5. select "backup to internal sd"
    6. watch backup complete (including .android_secure on the internal sd)
    Thanks to AlAbbo for the instructions!

For the people who wonder what this does:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGKahQaJadQ

Ported to the G-Tablet by Plastikman
    -based on CWM from Koush
    -Other credits: gweedo767, cennis91, utkanos
    -Original Google+ project page here

There are 2 minor incompatibilities with CWM-5.x which only come up when you create a backup in CWM-5.x and then try to restore in one of the older CWM versions. (Going the other way is no problem--ie. CWM-5.x will happily read and restore the backup files created by all the older versions of CWM.):

I've tried nvflash and the .zip file. I can not boot back into recovery after installing this CWM. Was originally on CWM v08.

Both of you have the same problem. You have a 1.1 bootloader, but, this version of CWM has a kernel built to run on a 1.2 bootloader (this is indicated in the thread title, actually).

Use one of the versions of CWM with a 1.1 kernel in it. See this thread.
    Went to power down in recovery and am now frozen at the words "shutting down"

Any way to fix without drilling the hole?

You can try let it sit until batery drain. I have no such patience... so I have one Dirt Reset Hole in my gtab...
    Good luck!

Sorry for bad english!