[RECOVERY - 1.2] ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 Touch Recovery - TEAM DRH

Search This thread

rumsey

Jun 25, 2009
My battery died while I was using Android and now, ever since then, when I boot my gtablet it says "booting recovery kernel image", even though I was not pressing any recovery key and it doesn't say "recovery key pressed". What could cause this?

more detailed account here.

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
... when I boot my gtablet it says "booting recovery kernel image", even though I was not pressing any recovery key and it doesn't say "recovery key pressed". What could cause this?http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31009666#post31009666
The most likely reason for this is

a) being on a 1.2 bootloader, and
b) selecting a "reboot to recovery" option either in the ROM or in CWM.

See this thread for a simple fix and for the exact details.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Just nvflash the latest recovery and flash a rom. nvflash will fix this issue.
The first 2 usually won't work. An nvflash step will fix the problem only if the MSC partition is cleared somehow.

rumsey

Jun 25, 2009
Thanks guys ended up just using nvflash to fix it. Interesting explanation of the problem though. I didn't try to reboot to recovery from within ROM but I did choose wipe personal data, which reboots the device and could have a similar effect.

Either way I learned my lesson. If you find your tablet turned off when you thought it should be on, connect it to a charger before turning it back on. Android dying during boot can have poor results. The sad thing is I had a similar thing happen on my android phone (died while booting with no juice) and it also caused problems, though it just corrupted the data partition (data unmountable in recovery, infinite boot loop) and was easy to fix with format of that partition.

Likely the nvflsh image I used overwrote the miscellaneous partition. It wouldn't hurt to allow for formatting of it in the recovery kernel.

Sent from my FrankenTAB using xda app-developers app

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
I didn't try to reboot to recovery from within ROM but I did choose wipe personal data, which reboots the device and could have a similar effect.
That's possible, but, you'll have to look at the VEGAn-Tab source to be sure.

Likely the nvflsh image I used overwrote the miscellaneous partition.
If you did a full nvflash (ie. one with a --create flag somewhere in the command line), then the MSC partition would've been formatted in addition to being rewritten; both of which would fix the problem as a side-effect.

It wouldn't hurt to allow for formatting of it in the recovery kernel.
That was my recommendation too in my post--although, it's just as easy to keep my MSC-erasing zip file on the SD card somewhere and flash that when needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CLICK PIC FOR TEAM HOMEPAGE​

ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 Touch Recovery - TEAM DRH (Update 03/05/12)

This version of ClockworkMod Recovery is based on version 5.5.0.4 and has the following "perks:"
    • Touchscreen
    • Capacitive buttons can select, move up/down, and go back

Download:
    http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/Touch_Recovery/CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img (NVFLASH)
    http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/Touch_Recovery/CWMR5504_recovery_B15.zip (Flashable Zip)

How to Install:
    There are 2 ways to install. Either run the update through the "CWMR5504_recovery_B15.zip" file or use the "CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img" image if you will be flashing it with NVFLASH.

NVFLASH Command
    To flash use the following commands:
    Code:
    nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 CWMR_Touch_5504_B15_normalfont_DRH.img

Changelog:
    • Added DRH logo
    • Roboto Font
    • Changed Mount UDB Storage to the /EMMC
    • Added the option to format the internal sdcard /emmc
    • Fixed the magic number mismatch issue
    • Ability to select update from External SDCard or Internal SDCard
    • Made internal/external partitions clear
    • Fixed reboot recovery loop
    • Allowed the /misc partition to be formatted incase you get stuck in a reboot recovery loop
    • Swap size bug fixed
    • Kanged commits to fix the UI overlapping the buttons
    • Removed /misc (fixes hanging at birds)
    • Switched from stock Viewsonic kernel to Pershoot's

To Do:
    • Proper reboot into CWM Recovery
    • More will be added to the list as more bugs are encountered (if any)

How to Perform a Backup
    For those wanting to do backup. Here is the step by step on how to get it to work until a proper fix is done (thanks raj...didnt' understand what you were were saying at first):
    1. REMOVE external sd
    2. Boot to CWMR
    3. Go to "mounts and storage" & select "mount /sdcard" (this is what I didn't understand..how internal could be seen as /emmc & /sdcard)
    4. go back to main menu & select "backup and restore"
    5. select "backup to internal sd"
    6. watch backup complete (including .android_secure on the internal sd)
    Thanks to AlAbbo for the instructions!

For the people who wonder what this does:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGKahQaJadQ

Ported to the G-Tablet by Plastikman
    -based on CWM from Koush
    -Other credits: gweedo767, cennis91, utkanos
    -Original Google+ project page here
    Should I change that to should be backed up and restored with the same version? It's not fun to find out a backup won't restore due to incompatibility.

Should is a better word. I have seen backups restored w/ different versions of CWM but I have also seen them fail due to different revisions.

There is no incompatibility for backups/restores between CWM versions 2.x, 3.x and 4.x. Both the filenames and the contents of the backup files will be the same. Try it: load each of them in turn, do a backup in each, and look at the nandroid.md5 file produced. Apart from the cache.img and recovery.img files, all the other MD5 sums will be the same.

There are 2 minor incompatibilities with CWM-5.x which only come up when you create a backup in CWM-5.x and then try to restore in one of the older CWM versions. (Going the other way is no problem--ie. CWM-5.x will happily read and restore the backup files created by all the older versions of CWM.):

1. File formats. The contents of /data and /sdcard/.android_secure are now in tar files instead of the old yaffs2 image files.

2. Filenames. The backup filenames have changed from partition_name.img to partition_name.fstype.ext.

To fix the first incompatibility, you can add a ro.cwm.prefer_tar=false line to the /default.prop file in CWM. With this change, CWM-5.x will create the exact same backup files (yaffs2 images) that the other CWM versions also output.

The second incompatibility you can just as easily fix by removing the "fstype." from the backup filenames created by CWM-5.x, and then changing the names to suit in the nandroid.md5 file.
    I've tried nvflash and the .zip file. I can not boot back into recovery after installing this CWM. Was originally on CWM v08.

Also whenever I use NvFlash to go back to stock it works correctly but any attempt to flash another rom and it just sits at the 3 birds screen. When I try to flash this and go back into CW recovery it just says booting to kernal image.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Forgot to mention earlier - my currect CW version is 2.5.1.1

Both of you have the same problem. You have a 1.1 bootloader, but, this version of CWM has a kernel built to run on a 1.2 bootloader (this is indicated in the thread title, actually).

Use one of the versions of CWM with a 1.1 kernel in it. See this thread.
    Went to power down in recovery and am now frozen at the words "shutting down"

Any way to fix without drilling the hole?

You can try let it sit until batery drain. I have no such patience... so I have one Dirt Reset Hole in my gtab...
    Good luck!

Sorry for bad english!