Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Unofficial Clockworkmod Recovery version 6.0.4.4 for the Nexus 5

Current Build Not Booting I Will be Looking into a Solution. Thank you to everyone who has tested these!

Nexus 5 Stock Recovery Image

Downloads

Flashing Instructions

1. Download the above file.
2. Move the downloaded recovery file into the directory where you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
3. Navigate into the directory where you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer and run the following commands from the command prompt on your computer:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery hammerhead-cwm-6.0.4.4-unofficial.img

Congratulations you now have Clockworkmod Recovery running on your Nexus 5.

Credits: Koush for developing Clockworkmod Recovery
Cyanogenmod Team for their development of Clockworkmod Recovery

F.A.Q
Q. Is this the touch version of Clockworkmod Recovery?
A. No, this is the non-touch version of Clockworkmod Recovery once any bugs have been worked out and the non-touch has been properly tested I will look into compiling a touch version unless an official version of Clockworkmod for the Nexus 5 is released.

Last edited:

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Silly stupid noob question:
How to install it?
I dont understand how to do it xD

You have to boot into fastboot mode to install this custom recovery on your device. Do you have fastboot and ADB setup on your computer and the device drivers installer for the Nexus 5? If you don't have fastboot and ADB setup on your computer I would recommend taking a look at this simple fastboot and ADB installer . Once you have fastboot and adb setup, and the device drivers installed follow the following steps:

1. Download this file.
2. Move the downloaded recovery file into the directory where you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
3. Navigate into the directory where you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer and run the following commands from the command prompt on your computer:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

After following this procedure you will then have Clockworkmod Recovery installed on your device. Let me know if you still have questions.

Birba

Feb 27, 2006
I installed the recovery via fastboot.
When i try to boot into recovery i'm stuck at google screen.
I'm able to reboot the device.

Whats wrong?

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Are you too able to access recovery all? But you can reboot the device and still get into the bootloader for fastboot mode correct?

I can get into the bootloader,and flash the recovery but if i restart into recovery it sits at the Google screen. I then have to press the power button and restart the whole phone, Ive also tried booting into recovery using quickboot but again it sits at the Google screen.

nad4321

Jan 6, 2013
You have to boot into fastboot mode to install this custom recovery on your device. Do you have fastboot and ADB setup on your computer and the device drivers installer for the Nexus 5? If you don't have fastboot and ADB setup on your computer I would recommend taking a look at this simple fastboot and ADB installer . Once you have fastboot and adb setup, and the device drivers installed follow the following steps:

1. Download this file.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

After following this procedure you will then have Clockworkmod Recovery installed on your device. Let me know if you still have questions.

Do i first have to root it? Or does it do it automatically?
Would my data be deleted too?

Last edited:

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I can get into the bootloader,and flash the recovery but if i restart into recovery it sits at the Google screen. I then have to press the power button and restart the whole phone, Ive also tried booting into recovery using quickboot but again it sits at the Google screen.

Interesting I'm curious to know if the TWRP build I posted does the same any hints from dmesg or last_kmsg would also be beneficial, is it possible for you use Android Debug Monitor (DDMS and Monitor in Android SDK tools folder if you have the sdk installed) and upload a log?

C

codmaster

Okay so here is propably another noob question: On my HTC Sensation I had 4ext as recovery. What are the differences between this and 4ext or TWRP? Is there a thread somewhere I couldn't find!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial Clockworkmod Recovery version 6.0.4.4 for the Nexus 5

Current Build Not Booting I Will be Looking into a Solution. Thank you to everyone who has tested these!

Nexus 5 Stock Recovery Image

Downloads

Flashing Instructions

1. Download the above file.
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Congratulations you now have Clockworkmod Recovery running on your Nexus 5.

Credits: Koush for developing Clockworkmod Recovery
    Cyanogenmod Team for their development of Clockworkmod Recovery

F.A.Q
    Q. Is this the touch version of Clockworkmod Recovery?
    A. No, this is the non-touch version of Clockworkmod Recovery once any bugs have been worked out and the non-touch has been properly tested I will look into compiling a touch version unless an official version of Clockworkmod for the Nexus 5 is released.
    Silly stupid noob question:
    How to install it?
    I dont understand how to do it xD

1. Download this file.

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

So i tried the twrp and the clockworkmod, but both get stuck at the Google logo when trying to boot in to recovery.

Device is unlocked, so i don't get it..

This comment in the OP may give you a clue.... Current Build Not Booting I Will be Looking into a Solution. Thank you to everyone who has tested these!
    Due to the current state of the test builds, I will be waiting until the official builds of Clockworkmod Recovery are available for the Nexus 5. As a result I will be taking down the download links in the original post. If you are looking for a working recovery image official TWRP is now available for the Nexus 5 from here. Thank you to everyone who tested these builds and provided feedback.