• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project (7T / 7T Pro)

Search This thread
When it's literally the same day of the new release for official..
Everyone: (myself included)
6abe2b8a376edd673c34dbe25294f88d.jpg

But seriously it might be day or two, a week, maybe longer, who knows. Lossy does have a life besides this.
But on the plus side it might be easier because it mentions FBE decryption fixes and stuff of that nature.
I'd love to see "reliable" restoration come from this.

fullydeveloped

Jul 29, 2014
Is there a way to save and restore system settings manually? They aren't preserved with twrp backup and restore (of boot, data, dtbo, and super). Not sure how it works with A11.

I'm having an issue decrypting my data. I was running OOS10 (not sure what version, I got my 7T Pro back in April 2020 and rooted it straight away and hadn't updated since) and it seems my system partiton got corrupted (fell asleep, phone died, woke up and plugged it in and constantly got sent back to recovery mode when trying to boot, used the common techniques to try to get out of it but it didn't work and after booting twrp it said I did not have an installed system on slot b so I suppose that inidicates it was indeed corrupted). I also tried booting on slot a and it gets to the boot up animation but remains stuck there (as in the animation continues for ever).

So I installed different versions of the oos and sdcardfs twrp in this thread but I cannot get decryption to work. I had both a pattern and fingerprint set up (pattern only at boot up or as a backup for the fingerprint) but TWRP asks for neither and only has an option to input a password.

At this point I'm at a loss and would be grateful for anyone who can maybe help recover some of my data (only had some of it backed up unfortunately). I know it's likely that it's lost but I'm willing to try just about anything. I've got some experience with android rooting and adb and fastboot and I'm perfectly comfortable with terminals and command lines. And I don't know if it's allowed but I'm willing to make a fairly generous donation (think $50-100 depending on how much I'm able to recover) to anyone who helps successfully.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
I'm having an issue decrypting my data. I was running OOS10 (not sure what version, I got my 7T Pro back in April 2020 and rooted it straight away and hadn't updated since) and it seems my system partiton got corrupted (fell asleep, phone died, woke up and plugged it in and constantly got sent back to recovery mode when trying to boot, used the common techniques to try to get out of it but it didn't work and after booting twrp it said I did not have an installed system on slot b so I suppose that inidicates it was indeed corrupted). I also tried booting on slot a and it gets to the boot up animation but remains stuck there (as in the animation continues for ever).

So I installed different versions of the oos and sdcardfs twrp in this thread but I cannot get decryption to work. I had both a pattern and fingerprint set up (pattern only at boot up or as a backup for the fingerprint) but TWRP asks for neither and only has an option to input a password.

At this point I'm at a loss and would be grateful for anyone who can maybe help recover some of my data (only had some of it backed up unfortunately). I know it's likely that it's lost but I'm willing to try just about anything. I've got some experience with android rooting and adb and fastboot and I'm perfectly comfortable with terminals and command lines. And I don't know if it's allowed but I'm willing to make a fairly generous donation (think $50-100 depending on how much I'm able to recover) to anyone who helps successfully.

Thanks in advance
Try flashing stock boot image, seems like a module or something is causing issues.

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T

Thanks in advance
Restore all but data. Boot up oos10 but skip setup. Remove all lock screen and FP. Boot back into twrp. Restore data. Reboot to rom twice (1st time has black screen, 2nd time all fixed)

Try flashing stock boot image, seems like a module or something is causing issues.
That's what I tried initially but it didn't make a difference. I was still stuck in a recovery loop. I can't even seem to get slot a running either (which should have been fine as I never did any OTA).

Edit: I see some errors in the twrp log:
Updating partition details…
Failed to mount ‘/system_ext’ (Block device required)
…done
Unable to mount storage
Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps
Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps

Last edited:

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Is the version with the oos suffix (as opposed to the oos11) not meant to work with OOS10?

Also, is there no way to support decryption by the unlock pattern? I think I've seen other twrp versions on other devices support it. Or what about a modded stock recovery?
Yes, made for OOS11. It can decrypt via pattern but best to remove lock screen when restoring encrypted data

Yes, made for OOS11. It can decrypt via pattern but best to remove lock screen when restoring encrypted data
Yeah but that doesn't help if you were using OOS10 and can't get into the system to disable the locks.

I'm just hoping someone at some point makes it work with OOS10 (even though I know it's not super likely since it's an older version). In the meantime I bought a new (budget) phone just so I wouldn't have to wipe and reinstall (and thus lose all hope to recover the data) my OP 7T Pro...

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
thanks brandon, mine is a one plus 7t hb1907 supposably t-mobile but its running oxygen global rom when i went into about section of the device when i bought it off of amazon as an unlocked refreshed unit. hoping ot keep fora good amount of time. asi tend to keep devices around for a good amount of time.

android bot

Oct 24, 2014
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7T Pro
I am a noob with respect to custom recoveries. I am fed up of OOS so thought of trying out custom roms. I am on OOS 11.0.4.1. Which of these twrp versions will work for oneplus 7t pro devices running OOS 11.0.4.1 ? If some one can confirm this, I might start on this process.. Can someone help me here. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this one
    Confirmation that this works with LineageOS 18.1-20211212-NIGHTLY-hotdogb on 7T (HD1905)
    Backup of all partitions including super to internal storage (/sdcard/twrp/...) works -- restores not tested

However if using USB-OTG, all partitions will backup (presumably correctly) except super - it gets an error after a couple minutes. This behavior was also displayed in earlier test releases before the official TWRP 3.6 - I was lazy and didn't post - my bad. edit: Problem found. Super Partition was larger than the 4GB limit on file size of FAT32 formatted USB Flash Drive -- reformat the UFD to exFat with Windows 8.1 eliminated the error. Additional commentary in reply below.

dmesg.log & logcat.txt are also available
    Code:
    <<<<log of other operations deleted -- 30MB+ -- available if needed>>>>
    <<<<screens shots also available if needed, but don't appear to have anything useful in them>>>>

I:Backup folder set to '/usbstorage/TWRP/BACKUPS/d7e5bb5e'
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-14-51.png
    I:Set overlay: ''
    I:Set page: 'clear_vars'
    I:Set page: 'backup'
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-14-54.png
    I:Set page: 'backup_run'
    I:operation_start: 'Nandroid'
    Updating partition details...
    I:checking for twrp app
    I:Data backup size is 18249MB, free: 33263MB.
    ...done
    I:Backup Name is: '2021-12-24--07-14-59_lineage_hotdogb-userdebug_11_RQ3A211001001'
    I:Backup_Folder is: '/usbstorage/TWRP/BACKUPS/d7e5bb5e/2021-12-24--07-14-59_lineage_hotdogb-userdebug_11_RQ3A211001001'
    I:Calculating backup details...
    I:Backup_List: /super;
    I:backup_path: /super
     * Total number of partitions to back up: 1
     * Total size of all data: 14336MB
     * Available space: 83801MB
    [BACKUP STARTED]
     * Backup Folder: /usbstorage/TWRP/BACKUPS/d7e5bb5e/2021-12-24--07-14-59_lineage_hotdogb-userdebug_11_RQ3A211001001
    Backing up Super (system system_ext product vendor)...
    I:Reading '/dev/block/by-name/super', writing '/usbstorage/TWRP/BACKUPS/d7e5bb5e/2021-12-24--07-14-59_lineage_hotdogb-userdebug_11_RQ3A211001001/super.emmc.win'
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-15-13.png
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-15-16.png
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-15-20.png
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-15-29.png
    I:TWFunc::Set_Brightness: Setting brightness control to 0
    I:TWFunc::Set_Brightness: Setting brightness control to 420
    I:Set overlay: ''
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-15-45.png
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-15-53.png
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-16-08.png
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-17-08.png
    I:Error writing destination fd (Operation not permitted)
    Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.
    I:Set page: 'action_complete'
    I:operation_end - status=1
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-17-54.png
    I:Set page: 'backup'
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-18-09.png
    I:Set page: 'main'
    I:Set page: 'main2'
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-18-16.png
    I:Set page: 'advanced'
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-18-20.png
    I:Set page: 'copylog'
    Screenshot was saved to /usbstorage/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_2021-12-24-07-18-27.png
    I:Set page: 'action_page'
    I:operation_start: 'Copy Log'
    talking about "backing up to pc": what is the FASTEST way (in terms of transfer-speed) to transfer data from OP7T to PC? I remember horrible transfer rates and that there ARE ways to improve speed (security software on PC, driver optimizations...etc.) but cannot remember. so what would you, Brandon, recommend to use. I'm trying to avoid waiting hours for the backup to complete.... ;-)
    Do you have a USB 3.0 cable for your phone? The cable included with the OP7T is only USB 2.0.
    It was reported when "parallel application" feature is used TWRP cannot decrypt /data for user 999.
    I cannot check it because I am not using "parallel application" feature.
    Can anybody check is it true or not?
    P.S. We are talking about OOS11 on OP7TPro and corresponding TWRP type 1.
    Hi, I'm not using the paraller apps feature, but I hope this is also relevant - I have a "work profile" which also creates a new user (ID 11 if I'm not mistaken). I can confirm TWRP cannot decrypt that users data.
    It was reported when "parallel application" feature is used TWRP cannot decrypt /data for user 999.
    I cannot check it because I am not using "parallel application" feature.
    Can anybody check is it true or not?
    P.S. We are talking about OOS11 on OP7TPro and corresponding TWRP type 1.
    Yes, when I used parallel apps user999 couldn't decrypt also it wasn't enough for me to just disable parallel apps, I had to delete the 999 folder in data/user
    home.png
    backupname.png

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open-source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

Tree: https://github.com/Systemad/android_device_oneplus_hotdog
    Kernel: https://github.com/RealJohnGalt/GaltsGulch-sm8150 and https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Installation:
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery>.img
    OR
    use the installation zips.

Notes:
    This TWRP is unified between 7T and 7T Pro with decryption working for OOS11.

OOS users: Use FBEv1
    Most (?) Custom ROMS: Use FBEv2. If you're unsure, check with your ROM maintainer

7T Pro

7T

Backup/restore is unreliable, you can try this method below.
    @Lossyx its possible include fbev2&sdcardfs into one image? if i understand right you can enable both in kernel. and the system just load supported modules?
    The reason why that might not be possible is because I believe OOS uses fscrypt V1 while fbev2 uses fscrypt V2.

I think this is also the reason why backups doesn't work on OOS either. I'll try releasing a new test build for OOS hopefully soon that might fix it.
    It's official now:

7T
    7T Pro

I added 5G props to the unified script so hopefully they will be able to flash ROMs as well.

I will probably also upload a test build later that should hopefully be able to decrypt A12.

Have a try backing up on OOS.
    Test build with MTP hopefully working, thanks to @bigbiff @theincognito
    Note: the startup screen can take some time, be patient
    (FBEv2)