Development [RECOVERY] [12] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

RAMBO29

@WhereIsMyROM Hi Same issue as yours. Can you please share how you fixed it in detail?

Had some issues after installing this TWRP via fastboot mode similar to what was faced by other uses. Managed to install Orangefox recovery from https://xdaforums.com/t/discontinue...oject-r11-1-sweet-sweetin-sweetinpro.4263333/. Then used MTP to copy files from PC to phone and install ROM, magisk etc. Working now.

Thanks for the super quick responses @Laptapper

So I tried flashing ROM from sd card as you suggested and I get an error. I have attached a pic of error.

I am going to try OrangeFox and let you know if that works or not.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

EDIT:
I tried OrangeFox just now and it works without any errors. I successfully flashed crdroid and flamegapps. So I can confirm that nothing is wrong with my device. But I still cannot understand why TWRP doesn't work. It is my favorite recovery and I would really like to use it.

Thank you
Ayush

Last edited:

ooops4

May 14, 2015
Ahmedabad
I just want root access for changing the emoji ttf font file.
Currently on MIUI 12.5.8.0 RKFINMX. Redmi note 10 pro indian variant (sweetin)
Do i have to follow the steps below ? correct me please if am wrong
-> Unlock bootloader
-> Flash twrp via fastboot
-> decrypt using my lockscreen password.
-> flash magisk zip file to gain root access.
-> install magisk app. (update magisk version if required.)
-> change my ttf font file.
-> will keeps the root access.

Do I need to flash disable dm verity forceencrypt ? if yes then when ?

Am I correct ? I was previously using Redmi Note 7 Pro.

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
Hello,
I have an issue to report with TWRP 3.5.2 from you, Nebrassy. I don't know if this is a known issue, but when you format data it will change dm-5 to sda34 and thus preventing TWRP to decrypt FBE (File Based Encryption) and so the internal storage. To fix this you have to use ADB Sideload to push a ROM. It'll install normally and revert sda34 back to dm-5.

Before formating data and also after restarting to OS after ADB Sideload push:
unknown.png

After:
unknown1.png

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Poco F5 Pro / Redmi K60 (China)
Hello,
I have an issue to report with TWRP 3.5.2 from you, Nebrassy. I don't know if this is a known issue, but when you format data it will change dm-5 to sda34 and thus preventing TWRP to decrypt FBE (File Based Encryption) and so the internal storage. To fix this you have to use ADB Sideload to push a ROM. It'll install normally and revert sda34 back to dm-5.

Before formating data and also after restarting to OS after ADB Sideload push: View attachment 5435483

After: View attachment 5435485
When you format data, data is no longer encrypted, and if data is empty twrp won't let you access it because if you put anything there and then flash and boot a rom that rom will not boot because it's expecting an encrypted data, after formatting data you need to boot a rom, then you can access it from twrp again

majster95

Jun 16, 2014
Poland
Redmi Note 10 Pro
When you format data, data is no longer encrypted, and if data is empty twrp won't let you access it because if you put anything there and then flash and boot a rom that rom will not boot because it's expecting an encrypted data, after formatting data you need to boot a rom, then you can access it from twrp again
If you flash any android 12 based ROM and boot, then go back to recovery, TWRP doesn't ask for password and doesn't recognize partitions.

Rendering

May 13, 2011
Everytime I try to wipe my phone I get following errors

Code:
Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps
Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps
Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)
Formatting Cache using mke2fs...
Done.
Updating partition details...
...done
Unable to mount storage

Any idea how to fix them?

Mauco

May 5, 2019
I'm sorry but have a question. I was running Pixel Experience and yesterday I've try an aosp Android 12 ROM.
After that I want to rollback to Pixel Experience ROM but TWRP cannot access data anymore and shows the errors in my image attached. I've try to format and restart recovery, to change recevery, to install again TWRP via fastboot with no success at all. the only way to use this phone is to flash an official ROM via MiFlash (In my case V12.5.4.0.RKFEUXM works).
I also try to lock bootloader and new unlock but TWRP is not working anymore.
I'd like to use this phone with a custom ROM but I can't now. any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you for your precious work and time spent!

PXL_20211018_141445523.jpg.jpg

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
I'm sorry but have a question. I was running Pixel Experience and yesterday I've try an aosp Android 12 ROM.
After that I want to rollback to Pixel Experience ROM but TWRP cannot access data anymore and shows the errors in my image attached. I've try to format and restart recovery, to change recevery, to install again TWRP via fastboot with no success at all. the only way to use this phone is to flash an official ROM via MiFlash (In my case V12.5.4.0.RKFEUXM works).
I also try to lock bootloader and new unlock but TWRP is not working anymore.
I'd like to use this phone with a custom ROM but I can't now. any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you for your precious work and time spent!

View attachment 5435963
Format data, wipe cache, Dalvik/ART cache, metadata and data then reboot to recovery and use ADB sideload (in the advanced tab) to push a ROM (such as Pixel Experience). When the ROM is flashed, reboot to OS and data will be decrypted. At least it worked for me. You can't flash a ROM directly with TWRP as you usually do as TWRP fails to decrypt data and doesn't have access to your internal storage.

Mauco

May 5, 2019
Format data, wipe cache, Dalvik/ART cache, metadata and data then reboot to recovery and use ADB sideload (in the advanced tab) to push a ROM (such as Pixel Experience). When the ROM is flashed, reboot to OS and data will be decrypted. At least it worked for me. You can't flash a ROM directly with TWRP as you usually do as TWRP fails to decrypt data and doesn't have access to your internal storage.
Thanks for your reply, I've try but also using sideload it gives me error1. I'm on TWRP 3.5.2.

rafid0028

Jul 17, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / 5 Plus
I think the problem with "Unable to decrypt FBE device" began with Pixel experience/extended/ui etc. ROMS. I followed every step before installing (xtended XR may be) and everything was fine. Then tried Pixel extended and didn't like it. So, finally decided to set on LineageOS. But I got stuck with "Unable to decrypt FBE device" issue. I can see roms getting installed but always getting reboot into TWRP. I didn't find any solution yet. I have decided to flash the latest stock firmware (12.5.8 RKFINXM) first and then start everything over. I am only worried if I have to lock bootloader again and wait 7 more days to unlock. :sick::sick::sick:

Sep 13, 2010
I think the problem with "Unable to decrypt FBE device" began with Pixel experience/extended/ui etc. ROMS. I followed every step before installing (xtended XR may be) and everything was fine. Then tried Pixel extended and didn't like it. So, finally decided to set on LineageOS. But I got stuck with "Unable to decrypt FBE device" issue. I can see roms getting installed but always getting reboot into TWRP. I didn't find any solution yet. I have decided to flash the latest stock firmware (12.5.8 RKFINXM) first and then start everything over. I am only worried if I have to lock bootloader again and wait 7 more days to unlock. :sick::sick::sick:
You need not wait any more. You can unlock immediately after reboot and do the other initial settings.

Reactions: opg2000

Top Liked Posts