Development [RECOVERY] [12] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Aki-to

Dec 3, 2020
Is that anyway to get Magis installed right now? Maybe via ADB ou other method? I tried everything, but still can't access any personal folder from latest TWR.
You can instead use TWRP to install OrangeFox.
I let OrangeFox automatically install Magisk and it worked great. You don't have to do anything, except install the Magisk Addon inside OrangeFox and then reboot.

Reactions: FabricioGS

klt832

Jan 22, 2022
Looks like TWRP can not store config files in A12 sdcard folder, thus settings are reset every time you boot to recovery. Well this is understandable but somehow OrangeFox can store config file unencrypted in sdcard so maybe TWRP can learn a thing or two from them.

therealkurison

Nov 19, 2015
Looks like TWRP can not store config files in A12 sdcard folder, thus settings are reset every time you boot to recovery. Well this is understandable but somehow OrangeFox can store config file unencrypted in sdcard so maybe TWRP can learn a thing or two from them.
TWRP officially doesn't support A12 yet

There's mention of "just flash via Orangefox" but could you please tell me which partition i have to tick as Orangefox does not do this automatically.

I'm on LOS A11 official

Also my poco x3 pro is encrypted so will i still be able to install TWRP without problems? Or how do I have to decrypt? Thank you!

Last edited:

Reckerr

Feb 26, 2012
Got data error while flashing Arrow OS 12. But seems its working.. I read from a previous post that OTA updates from Arrow OS can just be taken. Can I just continue from here and update TWRP when it fixes Android 12 data issues?

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Got data error while flashing Arrow OS 12. But seems its working.. I read from a previous post that OTA updates from Arrow OS can just be taken. Can I just continue from here and update TWRP when it fixes Android 12 data issues?
i guess... also you can update arrow os via sideload in twrp.. i read that only cdroid has ota updates working. (i think is 'cause encrypt issues)

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Actual TWRP do not support Android 12 and can't decrypt internal storage, you need to use ArrowOS recvovery to have acess to all your data via recovery.
Arrowos recovery is more simple but it have everything you need for basic management.

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
Actual TWRP do not support Android 12 and can't decrypt internal storage, you need to use ArrowOS recvovery to have acess to all your data via recovery.
Arrowos recovery is more simple but it have everything you need for basic management.
I understand that you like ArrowOS recovery, and would like to promote it. But perhaps you could explain how exactly does ArrowOS recovery give you access to your encrypted data in a way that TWRP doesn't?

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
I understand that you like ArrowOS recovery, and would like to promote it. But perhaps you could explain how exactly does ArrowOS recovery give you access to your encrypted data in a way that TWRP doesn't?
I don't want to promote it, since atm twrp do not support android 12 encryption and so can't read internal storage, i only suggest to the user above to use a working alternative that do not have such issues.

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
I don't want to promote it, since atm twrp do not support android 12 encryption and so can't read internal storage, i only suggest to the user above to use a working alternative that do not have such issues.
Ok. The issue of promotion is not important. My inquiry relates to "how exactly does ArrowOS recovery give you access to your encrypted data in a way that TWRP doesn't?" Specifically, how does ArrowOS recovery allow you to read your internal storage? I have never been able to use it to read my internal storage or anything else on my data partition, so we would all benefit from learning how you have managed to accomplish that.

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Ok. The issue of promotion is not important. My inquiry relates to "how exactly does ArrowOS recovery give you access to your encrypted data in a way that TWRP doesn't?" Specifically, how does ArrowOS recovery allow you to read your internal storage? I have never been able to use it to read my internal storage or anything else on my data partition, so we would all benefit from learning how you have managed to accomplish that.
You should ask this technical question to the developer, AOS recovery working on my device while twrp don't and killed my internal storage make it not readable anymore and OS do not boot, was forced to format the whole partition to make it available again. Installing the same rom via AOS no issues at all, very smooth. This was my personal experience.

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
You should ask this technical question to the developer, AOS recovery working on my device while twrp don't and killed my internal storage make it not readable anymore and OS do not boot, was forced to format the whole partition to make it available again. Installing the same rom via AOS no issues at all, very smooth. This was my personal experience.
You are describing different things. It is one thing to have suffered a flash failure with twrp, and quite another thing to say that ArrowOS recovery allows you to read your internal storage - there is no connection between the two. I don't need to ask the ArrowOS developer anything, because I know that ArrowOS recovery does not provide access via recovery to your internal storage. Feel free to prove me wrong.

All this talk about other recoveries is all off-topic in this thread of course. But I have flashed ArrowOS successfully with twrp (and OrangeFox), and I am yet to see one thing that can be done with ArrowOS recovery that cannot be done via twrp or OrangeFox.

Reactions: Haldi4803

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
But I have flashed ArrowOS successfully with twrp (and OrangeFox), and I am yet to see one thing that can be done with ArrowOS recovery that cannot be done via twrp or OrangeFox.
Dunno, then maybe something goes wrong, possible my fault, first time i also flashed succesfully Arrow 12 with twrp from Arrow 11, but after i flashed the next update it broke my internal storage returning errors on the partition and do not boot the OS anymore.
unable to mount storage
unable to mount /data/ (invalid argoument)

Was forced to erase my internal storage to make it available again, after that i changed to AOS recovery (like the dev suggested), boot into recovery, press apply update option, and succesfully flashed both zipped rom and zipped firmware after. Didn't have such storage failure anymore. This was my experience. Apologize if i didn't explained properly and for the off-topic.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP for Poco X3 Pro Global/Indian (vayu/bhima)

touch and adb work
    SD card and USB OTG are working
    Decryption is working

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_vayu

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB
    Release Channel: https://t.me/NebReleases

Download: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomipocox3pro.html

Unofficial 12 builds: https://www.pling.com/p/1833617/
    New build is up

Fixed recovery settings not persisting
    Fixed flashing older builds and firmware