• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

hexisg

Feb 5, 2015
It is because android 11 and dynamic partitions.Twrp does not suppport mounting system as R/W on dynamic partitions.
Google is your friend for more info.

Untitank99

Aug 3, 2021
Got stuck in arrow os recovery after trying to flash with TWRP Nebrassy2. Arrow os deleted TWRP and put its own ( I had no option to tick a box to inject twrp before install). Bellow recovery it says:
E; Failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to /storage/emulated: No such file or directory
E: emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging.emulated/media/0 on /storage/emulated: no such file or directory
E: recvmsg failed (no buffer space available)
If any has a solution or suggestion please help!
If I find a solution I will post here

Untitank99

Aug 3, 2021
Got stuck in arrow os recovery after trying to flash with TWRP Nebrassy2. Arrow os deleted TWRP and put its own ( I had no option to tick a box to inject twrp before install). Bellow recovery it says:
E; Failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to /storage/emulated: No such file or directory
E: emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging.emulated/media/0 on /storage/emulated: no such file or directory
Well, if anyone actually sees this @Nebrassy your twrp has problems with unpacking boot when flashing, dont use it for flashing

laid1995

Aug 27, 2016
Apps & Games
Xiaomi Poco F3
Fastbooting twrp.img doesn't work !?

Boopie11

Aug 3, 2013
Still using Nebrassy since first Xiaomi.EU stable came out (TWRP-3.5.1-alioth-Nebrassy-2.img), I am afraid to break things if upgrade TWRP.... (did not even think about switching to other TWRP at least while I stay on Xiaomi.EU)

Is it safe to upgrade you TWRP or "TWRP-3.5.1-alioth-Nebrassy-2.img" is the latest?

harry0815

Sep 15, 2013
Rhein Main
Hi, I just unlocked my bootloader, so I'm still on the original Miui Stock Rom, could you please give me instructions on how to flash the TWRP via ADB?

Thanks a lot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official builds have started

I used to spend all day flashing roms and trying everything for a device. Now that has absolutely stopped. I know have to have 3 hours of time to flash a rom to go back to stock and flash the rom I came from. It's fine when I could restore in 5 minutes with Twrp but now 90 percent of roms are all the same and kernels are all stock Kernel with a gesture or something added. It's really not worth flashing roms when it takes so long for so little benefit. Damn I miss the old system layout
    So I googled twrp 3.6.0 to see what the official change log said and to my surprise there's nothing on TWRPs website. I did see updates in TWRP GitHub. I don't suppose it's able to restore A/B slots? What's sad about what I just said is people are going to take offense to it. Development is very difficult it is and people shouldn't take offense to it. This is a TWRP thread supposed to be designed for questions and help with the twrp. But what has happened is because the XDA developers think they have to uphold a image people can't ask the right questions because it will offend the people making twrp.

This is silly none of us could do better, we know your not professionals and you don't get paid but you do do it for you. You all love the glory it brings you on here. I have gotten used to on Xda whenever I get a new device I will do a quick 5 minute search and if I don't find the answer I have the answer it doesn't work and no one is allowed to talk about it because it'll upset someone else.

For 5 years it used to be don't flash a rom without making a backup in twrp and than a clean install. Over and over again now we don't see anything about doing a system back up or wipe and we're just supposed to be mind readers and understand that we can't do it so we don't do it.If anyone ask they will be told search the thread and I did there is no direct person saying it can't be done just people tip toeing around it.

This is a help thread and it is almost completely unhelpful. It should be right on the opening page but it says choose what partitions you want to backup and restore. On the help thread it tells you you can restore the partitions like you have for years. That's why so many have tried it.
    Where is the download for the newest version ?
    Here. It's made for android 11, but I can install it on android 12 (without decryption). To install, there is “install current TWRP” after booting it

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Poco F3/Mi 11X/Redmi K40

touch and adb work
    flashing works
    USB OTG works
    Decryption is working

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    3. select the new image
    4. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    5. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_alioth
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_sm8250-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomipocof3.html
    New build is up

fixed usb config (fastbootd and adb sideload now work)
    fixed vibration
    removed partitions shown twice in menus
    data can now be safely formatted after flashing
    new flashing method, Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    added toggle in settings to automatically flash TWRP after flashing a ROM, it will only be flashed after a payload.bin rom (custom roms only not MIUI ports)
    further fixes for flashing roms
    new build is up
    -fixed spunvm spam in log
    -fixed flashing payload roms, stock and custom AOSP roms should now flash correctly
    Official builds have started