• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

panjgoori

Dec 22, 2011
You did umap super devices, reboot recovery
I also faced this issue with Derpfest A12 ROM. Seems like the only solution is to flash the Fastboot ROM of MIUI and then Flash TWRP.
yes, it can't decrypt Android 12 roms yet. Seriously, just use the LOS recovery and sideload the updates. Works on Android 12 builds and also you won't get this error 1 when dirty-flashing updates. Y'all should forget TWRP for the time being.
Maybe you can also use TWRPs sideloading modus to flash updates. I haven't tested that but it should do exactly what LOS recovery is doing.
Yes. Derpfest A12 actually made my Internal storage unrecognize able in TWRP. Will flash Fastboot ROM and then boot TWRP again.

Rorschach1010

Jan 14, 2018
Amazon Fire TV
Redmi Note 8

I also faced this issue with Derpfest A12 ROM. Seems like the only solution is to flash the Fastboot ROM of MIUI and then Flash TWRP.

Yes. Derpfest A12 actually made my Internal storage unrecognize able in TWRP. Will flash Fastboot ROM and then boot TWRP again.

no, just load TWRP again, activate adb in TWRP and sindeload the rom/update you want. should work without decrypting user partition. You shouldn't have to flash MIUI

Last edited:
Reactions: panjgoori

panjgoori

Dec 22, 2011
now, just load TWRP again, activate adb in TWRP and sindeload the rom/update you want. should work without decrypting user partition. You shouldn't have to flash MIUI
Thanks for the guide. I didn't know that its possible to do that. This will help in future. Thanks.
P.S Flashing MIUI takes ages to complete.

hofi01

Jul 14, 2014
hy

after flash twrp-3.6.0_11-0-alioth on a clean system...

where can I find the TWRP log file?
I install TWRP, made data format and then flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.9.8_v12-11 restart in ROM- no problem and restart to TWRP.
then I flashed mi-globe.com_v12_alioth_21.9.8_cfg-dfvbygxm, but the EU weekly was not replaced.
No error message in TWRP.

after flashed mi-globe Rom... reboot screen comes and in this, the text comes; selected SLOT A but could press button SLOT A or B yes.

QUESTION: do I have to select SLOT B?
normally SLOT A (which is active with EU Rome beta) should have been overflashed with the mi-globe Rome.
But it is not like that EU Rom beta is running... =???

regards

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
I am on weekly LineageOS 18.1 (20211204) with its recovery.
I have OpenGApps and encryption is ON (w/ known key).
Did anyone tried the installation procedure under these cases?
Thanks in advance.

P.S.
I cannot risk a test and have my device reset: too many MFA tokens to renew!

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
Installation:
1. fastboot boot twrp.img
2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
1. download new build to internal storage
2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
3. select the new image
4. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
5. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Will this work also if I have device encryption on w/ LineageOS 18.1?

kjarso

Apr 14, 2018
Hola buen día y intenté los pasos y no me butea el twrp solo se apaga del fastboot y queda en pantalla negra. Alguien que allá tenido este problema y me ayude a solucionar. Yo pensé que talvez por la versión del software pero le hice downgrade y al momento de arrancar el recovery twrp me da el mismo error solo se apaga del fastboot y queda en pantalla negra y tengo que mantener sostenido es botón de encendido por varios segundos para que vuelva a enncender.

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

Hello, good day and I tried the steps and the twrp does not start, it only turns off the fastboot and it remains on a black screen. Someone who had this problem there and help me solve it. I thought maybe because of the software version but I downgraded it and when I start the recovery, twrp gives me the same error, it just turns off the fastboot and remains on a black screen and I have to hold the power button for several seconds so that turn on again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hola buen día y intenté los pasos y no me butea el twrp solo se apaga del fastboot y queda en pantalla negra. Alguien que allá tenido este problema y me ayude a solucionar. Yo pensé que talvez por la versión del software pero le hice downgrade y al momento de arrancar el recovery twrp me da el mismo error solo se apaga del fastboot y queda en pantalla negra y tengo que mantener sostenido es botón de encendido por varios segundos para que vuelva a enncender.

----------

Hello, good day and I tried the steps and the twrp does not start, it only turns off the fastboot and it remains on a black screen. Someone who had this problem there and help me solve it. I thought maybe because of the software version but I downgraded it and when I start the recovery, twrp gives me the same error, it just turns off the fastboot and remains on a black screen and I have to hold the power button for several seconds so that turn on again.
Te aseguraste bien que sigues los pasos correctos?
- Entra en fastboot (botón de encendido y volumen bajo)
- Abre la carpeta en tu computadora donde descargaste el kernel (es un archivo .img)
- Abre el un símbolo de sistema con permisos de administrador en la carpeta
Utiliza el siguiente comando: fastboot boot "nombre del archivo.img" (sin las comillas)
- una vez te sirva correcto se va a reiniciar solo y abrir en TWRP
- dentro del TWRP vas a avanzado y escoges Flashear TWRP actual, una vez termina reinicias de nuevo al TWRP.

Asegúrate que tú teléfono sea un Poco F3, Redmi K40 o MI 11X, y que tienes el bootloader desbloqueado

----------

Did you make sure that you follow the correct steps?
- Enter fastboot (power button and low volume)
- Open the folder on your computer where you downloaded the kernel (it's an .img file)
- Open a command prompt with administrator permissions on the folder
Use the following command: fastboot boot "filename.img" (without the quotes)
- once it serves you correct, it will restart itself and open in TWRP
- Within the TWRP you go to advanced and choose Flash the current TWRP, once it is finished you restart the TWRP again.

Make sure your phone is a Poco F3, Redmi K40 or MI 11X, and that you have the bootloader unlocked

Last edited by a moderator:

nikoemo

Nov 25, 2014
Is it normal that after flashing android 12 custom rom that twrp is unable to mount data partition and is showing 0MB?

Salutelli

Dec 27, 2021
Hello I used TWRP as Backup and ran into an issue. Hope this is the right forum to post otherwise pls redirect me.

So I'm using a Cat S60 android phone and had to restore my system to a backup. The issue was that my phone would no longer boot but instead remain stuck in loading screen. I could still boot into TWRP recovery mode though, so I backed up my "DATA" Folder in TWRP and then tried to restore. Restore worked for an earlier backup so I would boot up my phone again. Now I would like to use the backed up DATA Folder from before where the OS would not boot. restoring simply the "data" folder however, with the rest of the software from the older recovery, my phone would no longer boot either.

Now Unfortunately I cannot just open the backup file of TWRP on my computer and extract crucial data like images or archives manually. Instead it consists of data chunks of 1.5GB each like "data.ext4.win000"
So I ask if there is a way to restore this Backup folder on my windows PC into the shape it would take as a restored data folder on my android system.

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello I used TWRP as Backup and ran into an issue. Hope this is the right forum to post otherwise pls redirect me.

So I'm using a Cat S60 android phone and had to restore my system to a backup. The issue was that my phone would no longer boot but instead remain stuck in loading screen. I could still boot into TWRP recovery mode though, so I backed up my "DATA" Folder in TWRP and then tried to restore. Restore worked for an earlier backup so I would boot up my phone again. Now I would like to use the backed up DATA Folder from before where the OS would not boot. restoring simply the "data" folder however, with the rest of the software from the older recovery, my phone would no longer boot either.

Now Unfortunately I cannot just open the backup file of TWRP on my computer and extract crucial data like images or archives manually. Instead it consists of data chunks of 1.5GB each like "data.ext4.win000"
So I ask if there is a way to restore this Backup folder on my windows PC into the shape it would take as a restored data folder on my android system.
hey dude. sorry to hear you're having troubles but this twrp is for xiaomi poco f3 etc... maybe you could try asking over here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Poco F3/Mi 11X/Redmi K40

touch and adb work
    flashing works
    USB OTG works
    Decryption is working

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    3. select the new image
    4. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    5. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_alioth
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_sm8250-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomipocof3.html
    New build is up

fixed usb config (fastbootd and adb sideload now work)
    fixed vibration
    removed partitions shown twice in menus
    data can now be safely formatted after flashing
    new flashing method, Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    added toggle in settings to automatically flash TWRP after flashing a ROM, it will only be flashed after a payload.bin rom (custom roms only not MIUI ports)
    further fixes for flashing roms
    new build is up
    -fixed spunvm spam in log
    -fixed flashing payload roms, stock and custom AOSP roms should now flash correctly
    Official builds have started