Development [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey guys, lemonadep, 11.2.10.10. Arter97 r8. Was rooted with magisk alpha. Fastboot boot twrp.img. Installed twrp through twrp advanced menu. Rebooted recovery. Bootloop. Flashed arter97 through twrp, successful boot, no root. When I flash the magisk alpha latest .zip, twrp starts to flash and restarts and have to enter pin again. When using the adb sideload method in twrp, it gets to 3% then restarts. Full backups work. Not sure about restore. Wondering how to obtain root with twrp. I tried retiring vendor and dtbo and stock boot to get root again, but ended in bootloop.
Don't flash magisk sideload through twrp or lineage recovery

Reactions: galaxys

Wuast94

Mar 18, 2016
i cant access my data :/ mount fails and cant decrypt data. im coming from latest OOS11 and flashed A12 crdroid. what did i wrong?

asheroto

Apr 26, 2019
Hey all.... so I can boot to Magisk fine, but cannot login/decrypt, even though I'm 100% sure I'm entering the correct password.

This morning I updated my phone to the latest OTA update as of this morning March 25, 2022. Android 12, build LE2125_11_C.47. After booting into the system I was informed of a new kind of password lock system.... had to enter a lock code + provide a security question. Same password. Same fingerprint. Didn't have to change password or fingerprint... but this is some new additive pin. So something has changed.

Anyway, needed to re-root (forgot to use Magisk pre-update), so I booted to TWRP 3.6.1 build 11. Booted up fine, but entering my password did not work. Failed to decrypt. Rebooted and tried again, no cigar. I'm positive I'm entering the right password. Never had issues with TWRP until this update. When I was actually inside of TWRP after tapping cancel, the menus were responsive and no issues.

Pooooop. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: galaxys

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Hey all.... so I can boot to Magisk fine, but cannot login/decrypt, even though I'm 100% sure I'm entering the correct password.

This morning I updated my phone to the latest OTA update as of this morning March 25, 2022. Android 12, build LE2125_11_C.47. After booting into the system I was informed of a new kind of password lock system.... had to enter a lock code + provide a security question. Same password. Same fingerprint. Didn't have to change password or fingerprint... but this is some new additive pin. So something has changed.

Anyway, needed to re-root (forgot to use Magisk pre-update), so I booted to TWRP 3.6.1 build 11. Booted up fine, but entering my password did not work. Failed to decrypt. Rebooted and tried again, no cigar. I'm positive I'm entering the right password. Never had issues with TWRP until this update. When I was actually inside of TWRP after tapping cancel, the menus were responsive and no issues.

Pooooop. 😆

I had the exact same issue when I upgraded from 11 to 12 (C.44)
so, instead of fighting it, I just flashed rooted boot image (magisk_patched-24000.img)

I'm also hoping to find a compatible TWRP version that works with Android 12

Reactions: asheroto

JhinCuatro

Mar 2, 2017
Hello there, I'm in the same boat as the other guy, but I can't get Magisk even with the sideload function. Magisk app still just shows "Installed: N/A"
I'm full stock btw, 11.2.10.10.LE15DA
Just boot a magisk patched boot image. Don't mess with recovery. I got used to never having twrp on oneplus 7 pro, when a11 never got twrp working.

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just boot a magisk patched boot image. Don't mess with recovery. I got used to never having twrp on oneplus 7 pro, when a11 never got twrp working.
You're probably right, it's not as necessary as it used to be, but would I want to have TWRP for full backups. And will need it if I decide to use custom rom later I guess...

Anyway I have solved the issue I had by flashing stable Magisk instead of canary.

asheroto

Apr 26, 2019
Thanks much for your suggestions. I will proceed with patching a boot image. Where is the best place to find the OTA update for OnePlus 9 Pro Android 12 so I can obtain the boot image from within?

I too became used to not messing with recovery but enjoy TWRP for installing magisk 😊

JhinCuatro

Mar 2, 2017
Thanks much for your suggestions. I will proceed with patching a boot image. Where is the best place to find the OTA update for OnePlus 9 Pro Android 12 so I can obtain the boot image from within?

I too became used to not messing with recovery but enjoy TWRP for installing magisk 😊
There's a thread here that lists OOS downloads as well as a magisk guide with patched boot images to temporarily boot (not flash; do not flash patched boot image. Only boot and then direct install magisk!).. You can use oxygen updater to download files directly and use a pay load extractor (a python script) to obtain boot.img. Alternatively you can always dump your own boot.img via MSM read back (use f8 key + oneplus for password).

asheroto

Apr 26, 2019
For anyone interested in the process, here's the steps I took for a successful rooted Android 12 OnePlus 9 Pro. I'm posting this here since it is straight to the point and might help others. These steps assume you've already got OEM unlock and such done and you just need to root Android 12 after upgrading.

Download the OTA package from here:

Download the exe release of the payload extractor from here:

Drag the zip on top of the payload extractor exe and it will extract all img files

Push the boot file to phone via PowerShell:
Code:
adb push .\boot.img /sdcard/boot.img

Install/Update Magisk on phone, run patch on file /sdcard/boot.img

Magisk patched the file and saved it to Download directory (note the filename in the output)

Pull that file back to computer
Code:
adb pull /sdcard/Download/boot_whatever.img

Reboot to fastboot
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Boot using patched boot file
Code:
fastboot boot boot_whatever.img

Now, as prescribed by others, open Magisk and patch directly to your phone, then reboot as suggested

Happiness and success is yours! 🤣

sto1911

Jan 14, 2011
For anyone interested in the process, here's the steps I took for a successful rooted Android 12 OnePlus 9 Pro. I'm posting this here since it is straight to the point and might help others. These steps assume you've already got OEM unlock and such done and you just need to root Android 12 after upgrading.

Download the OTA package from here:

Download the exe release of the payload extractor from here:

Drag the zip on top of the payload extractor exe and it will extract all img files

Push the boot file to phone via PowerShell:
Code:
adb push .\boot.img /sdcard/boot.img

Install/Update Magisk on phone, run patch on file /sdcard/boot.img

Magisk patched the file and saved it to Download directory (note the filename in the output)

Pull that file back to computer
Code:
adb pull /sdcard/Download/boot_whatever.img

Reboot to fastboot
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Boot using patched boot file
Code:
fastboot boot boot_whatever.img

Now, as prescribed by others, open Magisk and patch directly to your phone, then reboot as suggested

Happiness and success is yours! 🤣

Has this anything to do with getting Play Store device not certified error?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    where is this info ?
    find nothing that twrp only works on a11
    In the title of this thread, it's written "[RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project"

[11] Refers to the Android version.

Also, it's well known already that TWRP is not officially there on A12 (rather ported/compiled/modded), and TWRP is incapable of decrypting on A12. In rare cases, some people managed to mod it and make it work with A12 including decryption.
    In the title of this thread, it's written "[RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project"

[11] Refers to the Android version.

Also, it's well known already that TWRP is not officially there on A12 (rather ported/compiled/modded), and TWRP is incapable of decrypting on A12. In rare cases, some people managed to mod it and make it work with A12 including decryption.
    ok thx, this is very bad
    twrp is much better than lineage recovery and now i must use lineage recovery :(

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Oneplus 9/Pro

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

huge thanks to @osm0sis for help in making and testing this recovery

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_lemonadep
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_sm8350-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus9pro.html
    new build is up

fixed decryption on newer roms
    further fixes for flashing
    data can be formatted directly after flashing a rom
    added an option to auto flash TWRP after flashing a rom
    fixed the problem where you needed to refresh sizes before being able to flash TWRP
    Official builds have started

While TWRP development's ongoing here, I figured I'd also upload an OP9x Series version of my stock recovery adb insecure patching AK3 zip, which can be handy if, for example, after an OTA TWRP doesn't work anymore due to some change in OOS. So if something then goes wrong at least we've got decrypted data and adb shell dmesg access for our various devices via stock recovery. Attached below. Simply flash via FKM or EXKM once you're already rooted, before you flash TWRP, and then you may dump that patched stock recovery boot.img for later use.

Supporting OnePlus9/lemonade, OnePlus9TMO/lemonadet, OnePlus9VZW/lemonadev, OnePlus9Pro/lemonadep and OnePlus9ProTMO/lemonadept.

For OnePlus9R/lemonades see my OP8x+9R Series zip (since 9R is closer to 8T than 9): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-unified-stable.4101313/page-57#post-84204575

For more instructions see my original OP7T Series zip post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-adb-in-recovery.4002843/page-3#post-82376013
    So far i have read onlyvup to page 8. But i noticed a lot of people having problems with fastboot (me included). I think fastboot flashes to inactive slot without saying so.
    With slot a active, doing fastboot flash boot <filename>.img works fine (it goes to slot b) but rebooting anything (system, recovery, bootloader) ends up rebooting to fastboot mode in slot a (because of corrupted partitions).
    I am now in twrp on slot b but can't sideload files to install ramdisk. Pc is not detecting device even with mtp enabled. Stuck at this point...
    Edit: I was able to load the system on slot b. Transferred twrp img and installed ramdisk. Rooted and rebooted to system. On slot b.
    Should i start again everything from the top to slot a (reboot slot a, fastboot twrp, install rom reroot)
    the instructions say fastboot boot twrp.img, NOT fastboot flash