• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Before I went that route I was hoping to extract the recovery image from the Payload.bin for the latest OOS ROM, but I can't find a recovery.img in the extract. boot.img is there, but not recovery. Anyone have an OnePlus 11Pro OOS recovery.img file? Am I just looking for the wrong filename?

I figure I can flash OOS recovery from fastboot and then flash the full OOS image from OOS recovery.
Recovery is in boot

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Will this twrp resume after updating(e.g. updating with Oxygen Updater, then flashing TWRP A/B Retention script, then moving Magisk to inactive slot)?

Reactions: Samuel Holland

shmallow

Jan 21, 2012
Just came back from a brick through MSM tool, oem unlocked and first thing I do is try to get TWRP back. TWRP doesn't prompt for decryption though, instead just opens. If I go to flash current TWRP it fails to mount. If I go to decrypt data manually it asks for a pin even though I have a pattern set. Not really sure what the issue is. I did upgrade to the latest OOS 11.2.8.8.LE15AA. If thats the reason why it won't boot I won't even care, I'll MSM this thing again.

Rmaier14

Mar 14, 2012
Wernberg
I am one of those who have successfully updated the OTA to OS 11.2.8.8. (After updating, installed Magisk in the inactive slot (after OTA) and restarted. Everything OK except Recovery, which is the original. So booted via fastboot boot TWRP....img. When I tried to install the latest TWRP, I got the error message "cannot mount storage", then I pressed "refresh size" in the backup menu, but the error message remains and TWRP cannot be installed. btw, my password for decrypting is not accepted. What's wrong?? thanks

Reactions: Samuel Holland

shmallow

Jan 21, 2012
I am one of those who have successfully updated the OTA to OS 11.2.8.8. (After updating, installed Magisk in the inactive slot (after OTA) and restarted. Everything OK except Recovery, which is the original. So booted via fastboot boot TWRP....img. When I tried to install the latest TWRP, I got the error message "cannot mount storage", then I pressed "refresh size" in the backup menu, but the error message remains and TWRP cannot be installed. btw, my password for decrypting is not accepted. What's wrong?? thanks
I'd try again but do refresh size before you try to flash. Might be that trying to flash initially messed something up

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
Hi, I had the same issue. I wiped my phone after installing stock boot and before installing latest AA incremental update. Now after refreshing sizes, I sucessfully installed twrp, although It fails to decrypt when I select the option, and with no lockscreen it still can not see my storage/sdcard. I adb sideload magisk and was successful though. Thx

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,

I'm having problems when trying to install a new version of LineageOS from TWRP.
The 2 slots of my phone were on the previous nightly of LineageOS and booting, each with TWRP installed.
The active slot is the A, I boot in recovery and install the new version of LineageOS, it's automatically on the slot B.
I then reboot on recovery on slot B by selecting it from the TWRP reboot menu.
First the TWRP from slot B is replaced with the LOS one. I did not find an option from TWRP nor in the LOS dev options to avoid that.
So I go into bootloader, fastboot boot TWRP, install it from itself, reboot on it to be sure.
Then I flash magisk and Gapps, wipe the dalvik and reboot to system. But it never attains the system. There is the boot animation from LOS a long time, then it reboots and again the animation a long time, and system is never attained.
I then rebooted on the A slot running the previous nightly, but magisk was not installed anymore on it, I wonder why as what I did should not have touched the A slot.
Magisk may be installed on a partition that is shared between the 2 slots so flashing LOS on the slot B removes it from the 2 slots, but if so, why flashing magisk on slot B does not fix it on the slot A?
Is there something I missed or I'm doing wrong?
I finally manage to have a booting device with the 20210720 nightly by doing an update from the lineage updater in the system (but I’m having problem with the recent app screen not working, and I don’t know if it’s from the rom or just my phone).

• Wow
Reactions: mannizyx

mannizyx

Jul 24, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, i have updated to 11.2.8.8 but now twrp cant mount storage, internal storage, sd card all at 0 mb, cant reflash twrp cause of cant mount storage.. is this a problem on my side or is this version of twrp not compatible with the 11.2.8.8 update? Cant seem to be able to get twrp properly running with 11.2.8.8, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance

Reactions: Mar-cel

mannizyx

Jul 24, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, i have updated to 11.2.8.8 but now twrp cant mount storage, internal storage, sd card all at 0 mb, cant reflash twrp cause of cant mount storage.. is this a problem on my side or is this version of twrp not compatible with the 11.2.8.8 update? Cant seem to be able to get twrp properly running with 11.2.8.8, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance
@Nebrassy Hi, do you have any insight on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

pyanyj_kuznechik

Jun 3, 2021
Эй,
ладно, спасибо за ответ, мне показалось, что я что-то упустил.
Тогда я буду использовать телефон без TWRP на данный момент и просто ждать более новой версии, которая, надеюсь, исправит эту проблему
Как, черт возьми, я могу использовать телефон, если я могу загрузиться ТОЛЬКО в recovery (и который зашифрован)? :)

How the hell can I use the phone if I can ONLY boot into recovery (and which is encrypted)? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: mannizyx

mannizyx

Jul 24, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Как, черт возьми, я могу использовать телефон, если я могу загрузиться ТОЛЬКО в recovery (и который зашифрован)? :)
просто загрузитесь в обычном режиме и подождите, даже если он говорит, что ОС не установлена, должна загрузиться после нескольких попыток, это также займет время

не паникуйте, я считаю, что это ошибка, и разработчик @Nebrassy занимается этим, я отправил логи, и он сказал, что рассмотрит это

just boot normally and wait even when it says no os installed, should boot after a few tries it also takes time to boot again

do not panic i believe this is a bug and dev @Nebrassy is on it i sent logs and he said he will look into it

Top Liked Posts

what advantage do I have in having the TWRP compared to the stock?
    The ability to recover from a bad magisk module flash that results in bootloops. Using TWRP's file manager allows you to remove the offending module or a bad module config without having to run the nuke all module command line from adb at the bare minimum. Or restore boot images from a bad kernel flash.

Rooting has its flaws and can result in nasty and sometimes irrecoverable hiccups that you wish you had TWRP to correct instead of full out wipe with msmtool just because you added an extra zero or something in a magisk module's config. :D
    Official builds have started

i have been away from hacking phones sense the galaxy s7. Now i have the op9 pro . I am pulling my hair out over this one. I usually learn what i need to by reading the forums and applying all the great knowledge that is here. I have tried every twrp on the internet. None works. I have tried downgrading my os without any luck. i updated to 11.2.99 LE15AA. I have the LE 2125 model. When i fastboot boot twrp.img it says okay and finished but sticks on the screen with the +1 fastboot mode. Guys i am about to take a hammer to it. Can anyone save my phone from the sledge hammer. I'm sure it is because i have updated the firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    remove any lockscreen security you have

"fastboot boot" to TWRP *DONT "FLASH BOOT"* (TWRP should be made by Nebrassy i think found here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586353293)

flash magisk v.22 zip from TWRP instead of through fastboot, then restart, direct install through the app
    Sorry to hear, well I know before for me computer didn't see device via adb but after adb sideload and backing out the computer then could see adb(my device) and maybe could issue adb reboot command.
    In this situation, I sadly didn't even have that option. But I just solved it by holding both volume buttons and the power button to finally get out of the stuck screen. I doubt anyone else will run into this, but I'm glad I found a way out of it.
    After flashing twrp or a rom, if it says okay but does not boot to it use this:
    It's an A/B and fastboot does not always switch slot automatically.
    Thank you for the fast replies. I have tried with pin and with no lock screen security. No dice. I left it on the fastboot screen for 2 hours. No dice. It will not install twrp or ramdisk. I have the data mount problem. To get the data to mount i have to switch to another ext and back to ext 4 plus resize. Then the data mounts but does not show anything in storage that i had transfered. ADB sideload doesn't work either. When i wipe data it will boot into system but without any changes. I have tried every recovery that i could find. I was hoping that this version would work. At least i have root. I am running magisk v. 23. When i install v.22 it will not work until i update to v.23. Most modules do seem to work. Anyway thanks again for the help. I will wait and see what the future holds for this device.
    what advantage do I have in having the TWRP compared to the stock?
    The ability to recover from a bad magisk module flash that results in bootloops. Using TWRP's file manager allows you to remove the offending module or a bad module config without having to run the nuke all module command line from adb at the bare minimum. Or restore boot images from a bad kernel flash.

Rooting has its flaws and can result in nasty and sometimes irrecoverable hiccups that you wish you had TWRP to correct instead of full out wipe with msmtool just because you added an extra zero or something in a magisk module's config. :D

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Oneplus 9/Pro

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

huge thanks to @osm0sis for help in making and testing this recovery

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_lemonadep
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_sm8350-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus9pro.html
    new build is up

fixed decryption on newer roms
    further fixes for flashing
    data can be formatted directly after flashing a rom
    added an option to auto flash TWRP after flashing a rom
    fixed the problem where you needed to refresh sizes before being able to flash TWRP
    Official builds have started

While TWRP development's ongoing here, I figured I'd also upload an OP9x Series version of my stock recovery adb insecure patching AK3 zip, which can be handy if, for example, after an OTA TWRP doesn't work anymore due to some change in OOS. So if something then goes wrong at least we've got decrypted data and adb shell dmesg access for our various devices via stock recovery. Attached below. Simply flash via FKM or EXKM once you're already rooted, before you flash TWRP, and then you may dump that patched stock recovery boot.img for later use.

Supporting OnePlus9/lemonade, OnePlus9TMO/lemonadet, OnePlus9VZW/lemonadev, OnePlus9Pro/lemonadep and OnePlus9ProTMO/lemonadept.

For OnePlus9R/lemonades see my OP8x+9R Series zip (since 9R is closer to 8T than 9): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-unified-stable.4101313/page-57#post-84204575

For more instructions see my original OP7T Series zip post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-adb-in-recovery.4002843/page-3#post-82376013
    So far i have read onlyvup to page 8. But i noticed a lot of people having problems with fastboot (me included). I think fastboot flashes to inactive slot without saying so.
    With slot a active, doing fastboot flash boot <filename>.img works fine (it goes to slot b) but rebooting anything (system, recovery, bootloader) ends up rebooting to fastboot mode in slot a (because of corrupted partitions).
    I am now in twrp on slot b but can't sideload files to install ramdisk. Pc is not detecting device even with mtp enabled. Stuck at this point...
    Edit: I was able to load the system on slot b. Transferred twrp img and installed ramdisk. Rooted and rebooted to system. On slot b.
    Should i start again everything from the top to slot a (reboot slot a, fastboot twrp, install rom reroot)
    the instructions say fastboot boot twrp.img, NOT fastboot flash