• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Rainman67

Jan 21, 2013
I found the solution for my problem! When i looked in the file "recovery.log", i saw that the problem is a file in the directory /data/extm/. Then i saw, that there is only one file in this directory, which is exactly 3GB in size. Then i remembered, that the new Xiaomi.EU ROM 12.5.8.0 has a new option "memory expansion" (i don't know, if this is the correct word in english. In german the name ist "Speichererweiterung"). And this memory expansion is 3GB in size. I disabled this option in the rom, made a reboot and the file disappeared. Then i tried the TWRP-Backup again and all was working fine!

Reactions: blackbile

blackbile

Oct 16, 2009
Maybe you could search the recovery.log and it will give a hint what is the problem! One file or directory...
it means - based on this error: 255 in other topics - that the twrp not perfect yet.

For example: link

I was too slow with this answer...

maralvar71

Sep 25, 2018
Now that TWRP is official, I've sucessfully booted and flashed Nebrassy's TWRP 3.6.0, following the instructions on the 1st post here. But unfortunately, there is no way to retain TWRP if I root using Magisk. It reverts to stock Xiaomi recovery.
I have started with a rooted xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_V12.5.8.0.RKICNXM_v12-11-fastboot rom (stable branch) on the phone, then installed TWRP, and lost root. Repeated the process to root with Magisk 23 again, only to lose TWRP, and upon repetition of booting to and flashing TWRP (using flash current TWRP in advanced menu on the phone) again, loosing root.
I then repeated the rooting process from scratch, re-sending the boot.img from the rom files to the phone, using Magisk to patch it, copying the fresh patched boot.img to the computer and using fastboot... and TWRP was gone again.

This did not happen with the previous 3.5.x version, from the same Nebrassy. So now I'm forced to choose between having TWRP or having Root with Magisk, since it seems they can't co-exist. Has anybody faced this problem? Is there a solution?

Aditionally, on the download page (https://dl.twrp.me/renoir/) there is a twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-renoir.zip whose functionality I can not find any information about, or any instructions on how to use it, anywhere. Would this be the file to use in order to retain root and twrp alltogether? If that is so, please, can anybody explain how to use it?

Reactions: doclucas and Aitra

Aitra

May 17, 2021
Now that TWRP is official, I've sucessfully booted and flashed Nebrassy's TWRP 3.6.0, following the instructions on the 1st post here. But unfortunately, there is no way to retain TWRP if I root using Magisk. It reverts to stock Xiaomi recovery.
I have started with a rooted xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_V12.5.8.0.RKICNXM_v12-11-fastboot rom (stable branch) on the phone, then installed TWRP, and lost root. Repeated the process to root with Magisk 23 again, only to lose TWRP, and upon repetition of booting to and flashing TWRP (using flash current TWRP in advanced menu on the phone) again, loosing root.
I then repeated the rooting process from scratch, re-sending the boot.img from the rom files to the phone, using Magisk to patch it, copying the fresh patched boot.img to the computer and using fastboot... and TWRP was gone again.

This did not happen with the previous 3.5.x version, from the same Nebrassy. So now I'm forced to choose between having TWRP or having Root with Magisk, since it seems they can't co-exist. Has anybody faced this problem? Is there a solution?

Aditionally, on the download page (https://dl.twrp.me/renoir/) there is a twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-renoir.zip whose functionality I can not find any information about, or any instructions on how to use it, anywhere. Would this be the file to use in order to retain root and twrp alltogether? If that is so, please, can anybody explain how to use it?
TWRP is boot.img on stable EU v15.5.5.0. it is about 70mb, while the boot of the other version is about 192mb.

Rainman67

Jan 21, 2013
@maralvar71 : i first installed TWRP and after doing this i installed the apk file of Magisk in TWRP (yes, this is possible!) and voila - you have TWRP and root! :)

maralvar71

Sep 25, 2018
TWRP is boot.img on stable EU v15.5.5.0. it is about 70mb, while the boot of the other version is about 192mb.
Thanks for your answer, but... would you care to expand your answer?? What is your point?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the issue at play here is not related to this, because if I don't flash Magisk, TWRP persists... the problem comes when I try to root, and TWRP vanishes... and if I flash TWRP after beeing rooted, I lose root. :confused:💆‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: Aitra

maralvar71

Sep 25, 2018
@maralvar71 : i first installed TWRP and after doing this i installed the apk file of Magisk in TWRP (yes, this is possible!) and voila - you have TWRP and root! :)
I know, but that's a deprecated method for newer A/B partitioned phones, and official Magisk instructions specifically warn against it. Have you experienced any problems after wiping Dalvik/cache? Boot loops? Is data partition correctly decrypted?

I still use this method on my Redmi Note 5 pro, which is only A, without any problems.

Last edited:

akins0405

Apr 22, 2014
novi sad

Flash twrp.img in fastboot, end flash twrp zip

maralvar71

Sep 25, 2018
Flash twrp.img in fastboot, end flash twrp zip
Just to clarify, do you mean....?

a. Boot to fastboot boot twrp.img, then go to advanced settings -> flash current TWRP, and then flash twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-renoir.zip using TWRP itself (or fastboot flash recovery twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-renoir.zip ?)

b. Boot to fastboot boot twrp.img, then go to advanced settings -> Install Recovery Ramdisk, and then flash twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-renoir.zip (or fastboot flash recovery twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-renoir.zip ?)

According to the TWRP information, if you flash TWRP to your device using fastboot instead of temporarily booting the image, you will need to download the latest factory image for your device and reflash the boot image.

So, if you can clarify the procedure, you'll be of great help. Have you already done it yourself? on mi 11 lite 5g?

Aitra

May 17, 2021
Thanks for your answer, but... would you care to expand your answer?? What is your point?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the issue at play here is not related to this, because if I don't flash Magisk, TWRP persists... the problem comes when I try to root, and TWRP vanishes... and if I flash TWRP after beeing rooted, I lose root. :confused:💆‍♂️
I rooted this phone with modified boot.img so replacing twrp (ie boot) will lose the previously rooted boot is correct.

Rainman67

Jan 21, 2013
Have you experienced any problems after wiping Dalvik/cache? Boot loops? Is data partition correctly decrypted?
I have none of this issues. Everything works fine!

EDIT: I just saw, that i can't decrypt the phone in TWRP (twrp failed to decrypt user 0). Until now it worked without any problems. How can i fix this problem? Please help!

Last edited:

Aitra

May 17, 2021
I have none of this issues. Everything works fine!

EDIT: I just saw, that i can't decrypt the phone in TWRP (twrp failed to decrypt user 0). Until now it worked without any problems. How can i fix this problem? Please help!
Error decoding the internal memory, when formatting, it only works at that time, and the next time I access it again, I get a 0mb error. But with SD memory card, only 1 format will take effect forever.

Aitra

May 17, 2021
I have rooted Mi 11 lite 5g android 12 and keep twrp forever. From now on I can access twrp without fastboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Khắc phục lỗi bộ nhớ 0mb: vào twrp rồi chọn wipe, trước selectve data rồi đưa về dạng f2fs sau đó format dữ liệu "yes" lại và khởi động.
    I installed Android 12 (xiaomi.eu rom), I boot twrp, flashed twrp.zip - but the internal memory 0MB !
    I don't understand what you wrote earlier, or someone who has working twrp please tell me what to do exactly!

The second problem is that the twrp always start with default settings for example high brightness, timezone x-6 hours etc. It seems to me that it could not save its settings am I right? Who use it always start with the settings you choosed earlier?

But the main problem the 0MB internal memory, I don't understand what Aitra said...
    After every boot into twrp mode, it can't recognize user data (0mb), but just once you put the user data partition in f2fs format, there should be no problem 0mb on the next boot into twrp.
    Sorry I don't know English!
    I did it - data partition made f2fs system -and after the xiaomi.eu rom started and I reboot to twrp avain the data is 0MB again!
    I format data (f2fs) after that I flashed twrp.zip and then xiaomi.eu Android 12 ROM reboot, I set the phone settings.
    I reboot to TWRP and 0MB internal memory!
    Maybe you did it wrong. First boot into twrp/ wipe / advance wipe / select data / change file system / change file system / f2fs / swipe. Then go back to hom / advance/ flash current twrp. Return to hom/ install - select the file twrp-install3.6.0.zip.
    Thank you.
    Unfortunatelly I went back to A11.

Though I don't really know why it need to "change file system" as it is already f2fs? And why do you flash twrp twice at the end?
    Screenshot_2021-12-10-21-52-00.png

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Mi 11 lite 5G

bugs:
    backup/restore is unreliable
    adb sideload and fastbootd

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto (Preferred) | PayPal

Contributors:
    @VladV1V , @TheMalachite

Tree:

Kernel:
    https://github.com/VladV1V/kernel_xiaomi_renoir

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimi11lite5g.html
    Official builds have started

@Nebrassy
    Thank you for bringing TWRP to this excellent device.
    Unfortunately this is the buggiest TWRP I have ever used and it also has a lot of limitations.
    Is there any active development to fix all the issues?
    Then i tried the TWRP-Backup again and all was working fine!
    ....and for those, who are worry about restoring a TWRP-Backup: I tried this too, and restoring of the TWRP-Backup worked fine too! (y)
    I confirm that a bakcup works by copying it to the PC via the internal memory.

But I still don't understand why you can't mount an SD card via TWRP. The most frustrating thing is that there is no communication about the lack of support for SD cards and other USB sticks, so this bug is still not fixed.

Is it due to the new snapdragon 780G processor still not well mastered?

A lack of time for volunteer developers, despite the fact that it is now more than 4 months?

In short, staying in the dark for lack of communication is more than frustrating...

Translated with DeepL
    Lack of time, lack of testers, many other more important stuff to work on, and I don't have the device

Otg does not work on any GKI devices in twrp, though I wasn't aware that sdcard had issues, join my tg group and tag me if you can test