Development [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

EGYPT2021

Sep 2, 2018
Great .. just tested on my venus!
working on A12 without passwords (auto decrypts data)
thanks!

rAyNEix2

Jan 6, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11
Maybe I'm an idiot, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have not even set up a pin/password/pattern yet, whenever I go into TWRP it always asks to Decrypt data... Set up a pin, then disabled it, same shpiel... Can someone shed some light?!?

pattedeluxe

Apr 20, 2011
"
Installation:
1. fastboot boot twrp.img
2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now"

missing some steps i guess?

seemebreakthis

Jun 6, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
With MIUI 13 (EEA) this twrp seems pretty useless...

What I did was simply fastboot flash the MIUI EEA ROM, wiping data clean in the process, then rebooted, and as soon as the MIUI welcome screen appears, I turned off the phone.

Then I booted into TWRP.

Just did the above and nothing else. No data yet. And already TWRP cannot even mount /data let alone seeing anything within or make any attempt to decrypt.

seemebreakthis

Jun 6, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
For all people just searching install Magisk, there any reason to install TWRP (useless), you can simply using the official method from topjohnwu by patching your boot.img (Boot/Recovery on Mi11)
.... So, is there any reason for TWRP's existence?

On Android 12, TWRP can't do Mi 11 nandroid backup (as it cannot even see or mount the /data partition it seems).

And installing Magisk does not require TWRP.

Why does anyone still want to have TWRP then?

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
.... So, is there any reason for TWRP's existence?

On Android 12, TWRP can't do Mi 11 nandroid backup (as it cannot even see or mount the /data partition it seems).

And installing Magisk does not require TWRP.

I have always answer to that just before : Useless
Problem is not"existence" but "consistence"... TWRP actually brought nothing than brick/bugs
Nandroid is just a past dream, there any possibility for the moment to backup system from recovery and/or parttitions. Or if it's possible, not in MIUI and above all not with encryption activated.

You have forget also this last TWRP don't allow adb sideload, the only thing can be usefull for AOSP users.

Reactions: seemebreakthis

Lamesbware

Feb 25, 2020
ahh so im upgrading from miui13 to miui12. no twrp so i cant flash hide nav bar zip. also in fng gesture app the fastboot method dont hide navebar anymore smh. why do xiaomi make it so hard to use gestures. im going back to samsung for now on

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how can you root without twrp?

I have litteraly put the link man...

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Mi 11

USB OTG will not work
    Decrypting Android 12 will only work if you remove pin/password

Installation:
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

thanks to : @erfanoabdi @Cozzmy13

Send me a beer: Crypto (Preferred) | PayPal

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_venus
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_sm8350-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimi11.html
    Android 12 compatible?
    Only with no pin/password
    Hummm no it's your selfish answer. It's already good to hear A12 is compatible without security PIN/Password instead of nothing. Congrat dev for his work and for be now the official maintainer

thank you very much. I installed it for a12. twrp worked. but I couldn't install magisk. How can I install magisk?
    ROM ? MIUI or AOSP ?
    You can flash magisk (canary recommanded) directly from TWRP after first setup / boot (so after complete first ROM configuration settings) reboot to TWRP and flash magisk
    If from TWRP magisk is not installed, you must using the boot.img patched method.

Can i update from unofficial 3.5.1 twrp.
    But advance not have menu install recovey
    From TWRP > Install > click button on bottom for change "Install Zip" to ""Install Image" > select new TWRP 3.6 img > Flash
    After successfully flashed TWRP, Reboot > Recovery

You can also update from adb (on bootloader/fastboot mode) with this simple line :
    Code:
    .\fastboot boot twrp-3.6.0_11-0-venus.img

And after flashing, go to recovery mode, it's updated
    To update MIUI without PC :)
    I remove pin or password and install twrp but TWRP can't access data (internal data)
    Same with me. I do everything but not access data.
    Solve problem
    -Back to Global firmware for me is back to "venus_global_images_V12.0.4.0.RKBMIXM_20210306.0000.00"
    After finish need to install TWRP
    Installation:
    3.Reboot TWRP
    4.Send the ROM to your phone
    5.Install Rom ( EU or Custom rom )
    6.Do not reboot after installation complete. Go back in main TWRP menu
    7.Go in Wipe menu > Format Data button > Type ' yes ' to confirm > OK
    8.Rebot system and Enjoy.