[CLOSED][No longer in development] [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project (7T / 7T Pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pxrave

What do you mean? Can't you flash anything within TWRP's fastbootd?
Yes fast boot is recognized but tell me I can't make download. So I try reboot fast boot from console but doesn't help.

Adb doesn't find device.

I didn't disconnected just flashed los recovery in twrp and fast boot and Adb working fine.

So my drivers etc are correct. One Version before your twrp was working so I didn't tested the new.

freemannhp

Jan 9, 2017
Google Pixel 6
U have to restore all but data, go through setup except skip google restore, set screen lock to "none", reboot to twrp, reinstall magisk.zip, restore data, reboot. Then all will work
Yes, I am able to restore my data partition by your method. Only problem is I lost all system settings. Anyway, I'm happy for the long awaiting twrp for 7t. Good job by Lossyx.

Reactions: arvindgr

a g bell

If anyone wants to try out, this should format properly on ROMs using project id quota and casefolding, like yaap.

Test version
So flashed this formatted phone with it all good. Tried to copy yaap zip to phone from pc but for some reason would not let me send files to phone ended up using otg in phone flashing from there all was ok. Just ashame that twrp gets over written by Rom recovery, sure blu spark twrp recovery had something to stop this 🤔

Reactions: abidulkamal

filjusz

I was running Systemad's version of TWRP for last few months. Today, after i found this thread i've flashed "twrp-installer-3.5.2_11-0-hotdog-b-20210707.zip" on my 7T Pro but decryption is not working (recovery is not asking for pin. Just show me 0mb). LineageOS 18.1

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
@HueyT you were already asked by the OP not to continue bringing up the GPL-violating "Chinese" TWRP, so you should probably stop:

Move it to PM or somewhere else if you wanna talk about another recovery other than the one in the OP

Edit your post to remove the AFH info while you're at it; it's counterproductive to development having you continually direct people to that closed source sh*t instead of everyone helping to debug here.

No need. Systemad's TWRP full work with LOS 18.1. Also backup and restore works too

Systemad == Lossyx 🙃

Last edited:

filjusz

@HueyT you were already asked by the OP not to continue bringing up the GPL-violating "Chinese" TWRP, so you should probably stop:

Edit your post to remove the AFH info while you're at it; it's counterproductive to development having you continually direct people to that closed source sh*t instead of everyone helping to debug here.

Systemad == Lossyx 🙃
Really? 😆

Oxofrmbl

Oct 16, 2016
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 11
I'm sorry but I don't quite get this sdcardfs/fbev2/oos suffixes...
Which should be used with OOS 10, OOS 11 and LOS 18.1?

Edit:
Ah, there're separate images with oos and oos11 prefixes, didn't noticed that before, so that seems pretty obvious now for OOS :) How about LOS? fbev2 or sdcardfs?
LOS needs sdcardfs version. afaik It didn't enable fbev2 /dropped sdcardfs so far.

It's pretty easy. If oos use oos version. Otherwise use sdcardfs or fbev2. If fbev2 doesn't work, then use sdcardfs.

Reactions: phubarr

Galaxea

Jun 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I am using the oos version on a OP7T and I can't backup the data partition (createtarfork error).
Am I the only one or am I doing something different??

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@Lossyx its possible include fbev2&sdcardfs into one image? if i understand right you can enable both in kernel. and the system just load supported modules?
The reason why that might not be possible is because I believe OOS uses fscrypt V1 while fbev2 uses fscrypt V2.

I think this is also the reason why backups doesn't work on OOS either. I'll try releasing a new test build for OOS hopefully soon that might fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want to pick it up, sources are available in my or twrp's GitHub.

home.png
    backupname.png

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open-source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

Tree: https://github.com/Systemad/android_device_oneplus_hotdog
    Kernel: https://github.com/RealJohnGalt/GaltsGulch-sm8150 and https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Installation:
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery>.img
    OR
    use the installation zips.

Notes:
    This TWRP is unified between 7T and 7T Pro with decryption working for OOS11.

OOS users: Use FBEv1
    Most (?) Custom ROMS: Use FBEv2. If you're unsure, check with your ROM maintainer

7T Pro

7T

Backup/restore is unreliable, you can try this method below.
    @Lossyx its possible include fbev2&sdcardfs into one image? if i understand right you can enable both in kernel. and the system just load supported modules?
    The reason why that might not be possible is because I believe OOS uses fscrypt V1 while fbev2 uses fscrypt V2.

I think this is also the reason why backups doesn't work on OOS either. I'll try releasing a new test build for OOS hopefully soon that might fix it.

Have a try backing up on OOS.
    It's official now:

7T
    7T Pro

I added 5G props to the unified script so hopefully they will be able to flash ROMs as well.

I will probably also upload a test build later that should hopefully be able to decrypt A12.
    Test build with MTP hopefully working, thanks to @bigbiff @theincognito
    Note: the startup screen can take some time, be patient
    (FBEv2)