[RECOVERY] [12] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

blas4me

Root wouldn't stick, so I had to patch my boot.img. Then followed the instructions, and updated magisk once booted. Haven't tried a backup yet, phone was down long enough trying to get perma-root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-12-13-01-25.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-12-13-01-25.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 96

xtzy

Oct 19, 2019
World Earth

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno
Anyone else with this TWRP error on backup?

I:addFile '/data/app' including root: 1
==> set selinux context: u:eek:bject_r:apk_data_file:s0
failed to lookup fscrypt tar policy for '/data/app' - '1a6a3c6a000000000000000000000000'
I:Error adding file '/data/app' to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/6d11274b/2021-06-14--08-54-32/data.ext4.win000'
Error creating backup.
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/6d11274b/2021-06-14--08-54-32/data.info'
createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

immppa

Dec 5, 2012
Joensuu
Anyone else with this TWRP error on backup?

I:addFile '/data/app' including root: 1
==> set selinux context: u:eek:bject_r:apk_data_file:s0
failed to lookup fscrypt tar policy for '/data/app' - '1a6a3c6a000000000000000000000000'
I:Error adding file '/data/app' to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/6d11274b/2021-06-14--08-54-32/data.ext4.win000'
Error creating backup.
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/6d11274b/2021-06-14--08-54-32/data.info'
createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.
Opening post says:
bugs:
backup/restore is unreliable

dianoandr

Mar 2, 2017
Italy
OnePlus 7 Pro
In the first post of thread, the only bug of this recovery is clearly described:

bugs:
backup / restore is unreliable

so I don't think that, at the moment, the questions regarding errors related to the backup function, can have a decisive answer. 😉

Reactions: lollyjay

imaGine00

Dec 17, 2015
Hi there :)

As soon as I boot on a ROM, this twrp stays unencrypted and don't propose me to put my password to decrypt and use all functions. What did I miss ? I don't know where to look for ??
And where can I find recovery ramdisk ? I'm on dotOS unofficial and Magisk says : "ramdisk: no"

thank you in advance, you made a super work :)

khalisz

Nov 7, 2012
Paris
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
OnePlus 5
Hi there :)

As soon as I boot on a ROM, this twrp stays unencrypted and don't propose me to put my password to decrypt and use all functions. What did I miss ? I don't know where to look for ??
And where can I find recovery ramdisk ? I'm on dotOS unofficial and Magisk says : "ramdisk: no"

thank you in advance, you made a super work :)
I think you have to relock and then unlock the BL (full erase, backup) and flash twrp and flash rom normally you'll be encrypted.
What's dotos ?

Reactions: imaGine00

imaGine00

Dec 17, 2015
I think you have to relock and then unlock the BL (full erase, backup) and flash twrp and flash rom normally you'll be encrypted.
What's dotos ?

like totally relock the phone and then unlock it again ???
'cause I tried format data, then flash official twrp and oos10, it works OK.

I only get the problem when I try to work with this twrp and oos11 or custom A11 rom (like DotOS 5.1.1 ;-) )

syzw

Aug 23, 2018
Can I install Android 11 ROMs zip on OOS 11+ this twrp?

Last edited:

wp007

Aug 22, 2016
Will the Magisk Modul TWRP A/B Retention Script work flashing it after OTA install before rebooting?

dewin_prins

Nov 22, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S20
i installed pixel experience on my oneplus 7 pro with this version of twrp but problem is now it is stuck on the Google boot screen when i want to go back to twrp it goes into the pixel experience recovery and have to flash twrp over again. The rom will not boot at all

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Poco F5 Pro / Redmi K60 (China)

jaggillararla

Mar 27, 2015

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Oneplus 7/Pro/5G that supports Android 11
    can be flashed to boot with working decryption on android 11 roms

bugs:
    backup/restore is unreliable

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_guacamole
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus7pro.html

Unofficial 12 builds: https://www.pling.com/p/1835156/
    new build is up

fixed decryption on newer roms
    added an option to auto flash TWRP after flashing a rom
    fixed the problem where you needed to refresh sizes before being able to flash TWRP
    this is now official

Uploaded new build for non FBEv2 fixing backup in most cases, you should still not depend on TWRP backup as the only backup you have as restoring while encrypted can be problematic
    I am in the same position as the person above my comment. Can someone please give me instructions?

I am on a GM1917 with OxygenOS 10 Open Beta 19, and I want to jump to OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5.

Is this instruction my best path? https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-11-unofficial-teamwin-recovery-project.4289455/post-85157715

Any advice from someone that has already updated would be highly appreciated, especially if you have a GM1917.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I installed the OOS 11 OB5 through OTA and then I did not reboot.
    Then I installed Magisk in the Magisk app for both the current slot and slot_b.
    Then I rebooted.
    I was in my phone and nothing was wrong, then I booted into fastboot and I connected my phone to my computer.
    Then I installed this version of TWRP just like the original post says.
    Then I rebooted.
    NOW IT BOOTS ONLY INTO THIS VERSION OF TWRP!!!!
    HOW DO I GET MY PHONE BACK??????!!!!
    This is what I did to install the latest version of OOS 11 and keep root and this version of TWRP.
    Maybe it will help you.

1. Install OTA update as a local upgrade but DON'T REBOOT.
    2. Open Magisk and install to direct install DON'T REBOOT.
    3. Open Magisk again and install to inactive slot NOW REBOOT.
    4. After reboot you should still be rooted and have the latest OTA update with stock recovery.
    5. Use phone stock recovery to boot into bootloader mode.
    6. Use your PC with adb to flash nebrassy 2 TWRP image in the phone bootloader mode.
    7. When in TWRP go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP.
    8. Flash latest Magisk (have this .zip file in download folder already) again to keep root.
    9. Reboot and enjoy latest OOS11 version with TWRP and rooted.