Search This thread

Lukalion

Apr 1, 2016
Darmstadt
when I do "Flash current TWRP" i get this:

Unpacking Boot...
Backing up Boot..
Error unpacking image.

Im on GM1913 OOS 11.0.1.1 with magisk patched boot.img. Do I first have to flash normal boot.img in fastboot before doing "fastboot boot twrp.img"?

Edit: i just tried that and that did not help..

Attachments

• Screenshot_1972-01-30-23-43-40[1].png
    Screenshot_1972-01-30-23-43-40[1].png
    90.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_1972-01-30-23-06-26[1].png
    Screenshot_1972-01-30-23-06-26[1].png
    88.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

AngryUserLG

Oct 12, 2015
LG K10
LG V30
having trouble getting TWRP to work properly ive done this with both builds and it doesn't seem to flash for some reason any help? i can get OOS 11 fine with this but it looks like every time i want to use Twrp i have to reflash it every time with my computer since it won't stick

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-01-04-12-13-42.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-04-12-13-42.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_1970-01-04-12-52-27.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-04-12-52-27.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 125

AngryUserLG

Oct 12, 2015
LG K10
LG V30
having trouble getting TWRP to work properly ive done this with both builds and it doesn't seem to flash for some reason any help? i can get OOS 11 fine with this but it looks like every time i want to use Twrp i have to reflash it every time with my computer since it won't stick
seems this issue went away when i tried flashing it in the latest OOS 11 build and after getting my phone setup all the way

HarisJ95

Aug 9, 2019
There are certain roms which ship their own recovery. How can I retain the current twrp without twrp installer zip?

xtzy

Oct 19, 2019
World Earth
After updating the OnePlus 7 firmware to version 11.0.2.1 TWRP-3.5.1-guacamole-Nebrassy-3 via FastBoot is installed, but when trying to Edvanced / Flash Current TWRP gives the error "File or directory not found". How can I fix this?

kodrnusa

Oct 17, 2010
OnePlus 7
I am still on android 10 with magisk installed. I would like to upgrade to android 11 (it notifiys me every dsy to upgrade). What is the procedure? First flash the android 11, and then through magisk this twrp, then reboot? Or something else?

Jan 28, 2013
After updating the OnePlus 7 firmware to version 11.0.2.1 TWRP-3.5.1-guacamole-Nebrassy-3 via FastBoot is installed, but when trying to Edvanced / Flash Current TWRP gives the error "File or directory not found". How can I fix this?
Got the same problem. TWRP doesn't ask for PIN to decrypt (and manually doing decrypt fails)
Tried also FBEv2 version, it didn't help

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
They're working on fixing this. For now you need to boot the ROM once first so it can set up some directories.

midgo12

May 30, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
They're working on fixing this. For now you need to boot the ROM once first so it can set up some directories.
I haven't received the latest EU version of 11.0.2.1 yet.
I normally install the update rom through Oxygen updater and don't reboot.
I then install Magisk twice once as a direct install and don't reboot.
Then install it again to the inactive slot.
I then reboot.
I then boot into the standard rom bootloader to use fast boot.
I then flash the TWRP image through adb.
When in TWRP I then follow the process through the advanced menu.
It has always worked so far.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I am still on android 10 with magisk installed. I would like to upgrade to android 11 (it notifiys me every dsy to upgrade). What is the procedure? First flash the android 11, and then through magisk this twrp, then reboot? Or something else?

If the annoying update notification is the only reason you want to update then simply get rid of it and stay on the much better 10. Either freeze (disable) it in Titanium Backup or similar apps or use adb to remove it:
removal : pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.oneplus.opbackup
restore : cmd package install-existing --user 0 com.oneplus.opbackup

I froze it with TiBu months ago and don't plan on defrosting it again, like ever :LOL:

chogau1

May 24, 2011
If the annoying update notification is the only reason you want to update then simply get rid of it and stay on the much better 10. Either freeze (disable) it in Titanium Backup or similar apps or use adb to remove it:
removal : pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.oneplus.opbackup
restore : cmd package install-existing --user 0 com.oneplus.opbackup

I froze it with TiBu months ago and don't plan on defrosting it again, like ever :LOL:
What app do you freeze?

josepepowner

Aug 12, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Updated to 11 to test it out and used this recovery. Everything is working fine for myself. For now. I'm on the newest 11.0.2.1.

My process from 10 was installed 11. Booted to stock recovery and cleared everything. Booted to 11. Repeated the last two things again. Once booted I rebooted and fast booted to the twrp here. Installed using the install current twrp method. Then flashed the magisk 23 APK as it's now a flashable APK. Booted.

I stopped using xXx mod as I noticed on install it wasn't actually getting rid of everything and over time it caused strange stutters. After removing it the OS is great.

For magisk flashes I have the wifi bonding, busy box for Android and overlay mount fix. At least for things that would cause issues. I also use LSpeed app.

Will see how the week goes but not too bad so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Oneplus 7/Pro/5G that supports Android 11
    can be flashed to boot with working decryption on android 11 roms

bugs:
    backup/restore is unreliable

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_guacamole
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus7pro.html

Unofficial 12 builds: https://www.pling.com/p/1835156/
    new build is up

fixed decryption on newer roms
    added an option to auto flash TWRP after flashing a rom
    fixed the problem where you needed to refresh sizes before being able to flash TWRP
    this is now official

Uploaded new build for non FBEv2 fixing backup in most cases, you should still not depend on TWRP backup as the only backup you have as restoring while encrypted can be problematic
    I am in the same position as the person above my comment. Can someone please give me instructions?

I am on a GM1917 with OxygenOS 10 Open Beta 19, and I want to jump to OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5.

Is this instruction my best path? https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-11-unofficial-teamwin-recovery-project.4289455/post-85157715

Any advice from someone that has already updated would be highly appreciated, especially if you have a GM1917.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I installed the OOS 11 OB5 through OTA and then I did not reboot.
    Then I installed Magisk in the Magisk app for both the current slot and slot_b.
    Then I rebooted.
    I was in my phone and nothing was wrong, then I booted into fastboot and I connected my phone to my computer.
    Then I installed this version of TWRP just like the original post says.
    Then I rebooted.
    NOW IT BOOTS ONLY INTO THIS VERSION OF TWRP!!!!
    HOW DO I GET MY PHONE BACK??????!!!!
    This is what I did to install the latest version of OOS 11 and keep root and this version of TWRP.
    Maybe it will help you.

1. Install OTA update as a local upgrade but DON'T REBOOT.
    2. Open Magisk and install to direct install DON'T REBOOT.
    3. Open Magisk again and install to inactive slot NOW REBOOT.
    4. After reboot you should still be rooted and have the latest OTA update with stock recovery.
    5. Use phone stock recovery to boot into bootloader mode.
    6. Use your PC with adb to flash nebrassy 2 TWRP image in the phone bootloader mode.
    7. When in TWRP go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP.
    8. Flash latest Magisk (have this .zip file in download folder already) again to keep root.
    9. Reboot and enjoy latest OOS11 version with TWRP and rooted.