[RECOVERY] [12] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Spacewulf

Jun 1, 2018
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Updated to 11 to test it out and used this recovery. Everything is working fine for myself. For now. I'm on the newest 11.0.2.1.

My process from 10 was installed 11. Booted to stock recovery and cleared everything. Booted to 11. Repeated the last two things again. Once booted I rebooted and fast booted to the twrp here. Installed using the install current twrp method. Then flashed the magisk 23 APK as it's now a flashable APK. Booted.

I stopped using xXx mod as I noticed on install it wasn't actually getting rid of everything and over time it caused strange stutters. After removing it the OS is great.

For magisk flashes I have the wifi bonding, busy box for Android and overlay mount fix. At least for things that would cause issues. I also use LSpeed app.

Will see how the week goes but not too bad so far.
My twrp wasn't able to decrypt the data partition, did you find this at all?

destinypham

May 26, 2016
Already fixed cannot Flash Current TWRP or Install Recovery Ramdisk, I just jump from Slot A to Slot B and Slot A again, and it can Flash Current TWRP like normal.

Reactions: @soka

midgo12

May 30, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi Guys.
Before I format my phone back to 10.3.8.
I tried to install TWRP after upgrading to latest OOS 11.0.2.1 out today.
Installed fine but now when I try to flash current TWRP.
I get ERROR 1 failed to create ramdisk to flash.
I am also now stuck in TWRP boot loop.
Unable to mount storage.
Any ideas...

Last edited:

RBwai

Sep 23, 2011
Please explain this further.
Changing from A to B the back again.
Is all this done in TWRP without rebooting?
From fastboot run TWRP-3.5.1-guacamole-Nebrassy-3. It look like there is no decryption support. Than go to Reboot and change slot. If your active slot is A, than change it to B and than from B back to A. Than you can instal Twrp and Magisk. Twrp now works as it should. All that without rebooting. after installing all you need, reboot to system.

Reactions: midgo12

josepepowner

Aug 12, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
My twrp wasn't able to decrypt the data partition, did you find this at all?
Funny enough when I first flashed 11.0.2.1 I did not have this issue.

When the update came through as I was on 11.0.1.1 I just adb'ed right into fastboot and booted to twrp and it worked. However, I have been doing speed tests and just messing with the OS in general so I re-flashed 11.0.2.1 and came across this issue. I couldn't do the slot a slot b swap because well I had 11.0.2.1 on both slots so I had to adb fastboot into this twrp. Then I sideloaded the same twrp cleared cache's and then flashed to current and it worked just fine.

I did prior to all this remove my password while in android when I noticed I couldn't decrypt.

midgo12

May 30, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
From fastboot run TWRP-3.5.1-guacamole-Nebrassy-3. It look like there is no decryption support. Than go to Reboot and change slot. If your active slot is A, than change it to B and than from B back to A. Than you can instal Twrp and Magisk. Twrp now works as it should. All that without rebooting. after installing all you need, reboot to system.
Thanks for the explanation.
I just spent about 3 hours to re install my phone back to the way I like it.
It's on OOS 11.1.2.1 with root but stock recovery.
I stuffed TWRP up when I tried to do the OTA yesterday and got stuck in a TWRP boot loop with no storage message.
Tried all I knew to fix it but no go.
Now I'm wondering if I try this method will I be stuck again as there is no backup with this TWRP????

xtzy

Oct 19, 2019
World Earth
It is simple to use magisk_patched Boot for get the root than this TWRP for the same goals.
All the same, such a TWRP cannot do anything from what it is intended for.

RBwai

Sep 23, 2011
Why OTA? You are on the latest Oxygen version, so you don't need that.
You just try to change slot, than reboot to system

midgo12

May 30, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Why OTA? You are on the latest Oxygen version, so you don't need that.
You just try to change slot, than reboot to system
I was on OOS 11.0.1.1.
I usually do the OTA upgrade in this case to 11.0.2.1 from local storage then install Magisk through direct install and to the inactive slot before rebooting so I can keep root.
I then flash TWRP through adb.
This time it did not work and TWRP caused me to TWRP boot loop and state that the was no storage when I tried the few ways there to recover.
Is there a better way to keep root?

KannyLive

Sep 30, 2019
Colleagues, I won TWRP. The problem was that after installing twrp according to the instructions:
Installation:
1.fastboot boot twrp.img
2.go to Advanced> Flash Current TWRP
Then TWRP stopped seeing the internal memory, no matter what I did, put different versions from this branch, in the end it does not ask for a password and does not see the system! When you try to boot into an android, the recovery crashes and that's it! I thought I lost all my data! I had a root, magisk. As a result, I came to the conclusion that it was necessary to connect the USB flash drive via OTG and install TWRP from it, connected the USB flash drive, TWRP did not see it, and I decided to reboot the system! But rebooted through TWRP itself, reboot -recovery. And lo and behold, after rebooting, he asked for a password and decrypted the data and it all worked! Then follow the instructions. HURRAH!!!! Can someone help! OnePlus 7 Pro 8/256 Oxygen OS 11.0.2.1.GM21AA

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
I am having a strange issue and I dont know if i am doing something wrong. I flashed 11.0.2.1, installed twrp as instructed, it bugged at flash current twrp but picked up tips to get it working (backup/refresh) and it did, and then flashed magisk v23 and rebooted to system. Everything went fine and i booted into my device. However, when i try to go back to recovery, the phone just boots up and goes to system, No recovery. Am i missing something here, or is this how it is for Android 11? Thanks in advance.
Phone also behaves oddly while booted to the OS, initially behaving normally, before going to sleep and then basically dying there until you force it to reboot via buttons.

Last edited:

RBwai

Sep 23, 2011
I have the same issues !!! :/
Impossible to decrypt since 11.0.2.1

I'll use the boot.img method then until this will be fixed.
I have the same problem and it it is solved with changing slots from default to alternatve (A to B or B to A). Than change it back to default and try to instal TWRP. It worksd for me and now I can install Magisk and whathewer from internal memory.
I hope this will help.

Reactions: khalisz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Oneplus 7/Pro/5G that supports Android 11
    can be flashed to boot with working decryption on android 11 roms

bugs:
    backup/restore is unreliable

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_guacamole
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus7pro.html

Unofficial 12 builds: https://www.pling.com/p/1835156/
    new build is up

fixed decryption on newer roms
    added an option to auto flash TWRP after flashing a rom
    fixed the problem where you needed to refresh sizes before being able to flash TWRP
    this is now official

Uploaded new build for non FBEv2 fixing backup in most cases, you should still not depend on TWRP backup as the only backup you have as restoring while encrypted can be problematic
    I am in the same position as the person above my comment. Can someone please give me instructions?

I am on a GM1917 with OxygenOS 10 Open Beta 19, and I want to jump to OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5.

Is this instruction my best path? https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-11-unofficial-teamwin-recovery-project.4289455/post-85157715

Any advice from someone that has already updated would be highly appreciated, especially if you have a GM1917.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I installed the OOS 11 OB5 through OTA and then I did not reboot.
    Then I installed Magisk in the Magisk app for both the current slot and slot_b.
    Then I rebooted.
    I was in my phone and nothing was wrong, then I booted into fastboot and I connected my phone to my computer.
    Then I installed this version of TWRP just like the original post says.
    Then I rebooted.
    NOW IT BOOTS ONLY INTO THIS VERSION OF TWRP!!!!
    HOW DO I GET MY PHONE BACK??????!!!!
    This is what I did to install the latest version of OOS 11 and keep root and this version of TWRP.
    Maybe it will help you.

1. Install OTA update as a local upgrade but DON'T REBOOT.
    2. Open Magisk and install to direct install DON'T REBOOT.
    3. Open Magisk again and install to inactive slot NOW REBOOT.
    4. After reboot you should still be rooted and have the latest OTA update with stock recovery.
    5. Use phone stock recovery to boot into bootloader mode.
    6. Use your PC with adb to flash nebrassy 2 TWRP image in the phone bootloader mode.
    7. When in TWRP go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP.
    8. Flash latest Magisk (have this .zip file in download folder already) again to keep root.
    9. Reboot and enjoy latest OOS11 version with TWRP and rooted.