• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [RECOVERY] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Rmaier14

Mar 14, 2012
Wernberg
I am one of those who have successfully updated the OTA to OS 11.2.8.8. (After updating, installed Magisk in the inactive slot (after OTA) and restarted. Everything OK except Recovery, which is the original. So booted via fastboot boot TWRP....img. When I tried to install the latest TWRP, I got the error message "cannot mount storage", then I pressed "refresh size" in the backup menu, but the error message remains and TWRP cannot be installed. btw, my password for decrypting is not accepted. What's wrong?? thanks

Reactions: Samuel Holland

shmallow

Jan 21, 2012
I am one of those who have successfully updated the OTA to OS 11.2.8.8. (After updating, installed Magisk in the inactive slot (after OTA) and restarted. Everything OK except Recovery, which is the original. So booted via fastboot boot TWRP....img. When I tried to install the latest TWRP, I got the error message "cannot mount storage", then I pressed "refresh size" in the backup menu, but the error message remains and TWRP cannot be installed. btw, my password for decrypting is not accepted. What's wrong?? thanks
I'd try again but do refresh size before you try to flash. Might be that trying to flash initially messed something up

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
Hi, I had the same issue. I wiped my phone after installing stock boot and before installing latest AA incremental update. Now after refreshing sizes, I sucessfully installed twrp, although It fails to decrypt when I select the option, and with no lockscreen it still can not see my storage/sdcard. I adb sideload magisk and was successful though. Thx

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,

I'm having problems when trying to install a new version of LineageOS from TWRP.
The 2 slots of my phone were on the previous nightly of LineageOS and booting, each with TWRP installed.
The active slot is the A, I boot in recovery and install the new version of LineageOS, it's automatically on the slot B.
I then reboot on recovery on slot B by selecting it from the TWRP reboot menu.
First the TWRP from slot B is replaced with the LOS one. I did not find an option from TWRP nor in the LOS dev options to avoid that.
So I go into bootloader, fastboot boot TWRP, install it from itself, reboot on it to be sure.
Then I flash magisk and Gapps, wipe the dalvik and reboot to system. But it never attains the system. There is the boot animation from LOS a long time, then it reboots and again the animation a long time, and system is never attained.
I then rebooted on the A slot running the previous nightly, but magisk was not installed anymore on it, I wonder why as what I did should not have touched the A slot.
Magisk may be installed on a partition that is shared between the 2 slots so flashing LOS on the slot B removes it from the 2 slots, but if so, why flashing magisk on slot B does not fix it on the slot A?
Is there something I missed or I'm doing wrong?
I finally manage to have a booting device with the 20210720 nightly by doing an update from the lineage updater in the system (but I’m having problem with the recent app screen not working, and I don’t know if it’s from the rom or just my phone).

• Wow
Reactions: mannizyx

mannizyx

Jul 24, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, i have updated to 11.2.8.8 but now twrp cant mount storage, internal storage, sd card all at 0 mb, cant reflash twrp cause of cant mount storage.. is this a problem on my side or is this version of twrp not compatible with the 11.2.8.8 update? Cant seem to be able to get twrp properly running with 11.2.8.8, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance

Reactions: Mar-cel

mannizyx

Jul 24, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, i have updated to 11.2.8.8 but now twrp cant mount storage, internal storage, sd card all at 0 mb, cant reflash twrp cause of cant mount storage.. is this a problem on my side or is this version of twrp not compatible with the 11.2.8.8 update? Cant seem to be able to get twrp properly running with 11.2.8.8, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance
@Nebrassy Hi, do you have any insight on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

pyanyj_kuznechik

Jun 3, 2021
Эй,
ладно, спасибо за ответ, мне показалось, что я что-то упустил.
Тогда я буду использовать телефон без TWRP на данный момент и просто ждать более новой версии, которая, надеюсь, исправит эту проблему
Как, черт возьми, я могу использовать телефон, если я могу загрузиться ТОЛЬКО в recovery (и который зашифрован)? :)

How the hell can I use the phone if I can ONLY boot into recovery (and which is encrypted)? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad

mannizyx

Jul 24, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Как, черт возьми, я могу использовать телефон, если я могу загрузиться ТОЛЬКО в recovery (и который зашифрован)? :)
просто загрузитесь в обычном режиме и подождите, даже если он говорит, что ОС не установлена, должна загрузиться после нескольких попыток, это также займет время

не паникуйте, я считаю, что это ошибка, и разработчик @Nebrassy занимается этим, я отправил логи, и он сказал, что рассмотрит это

just boot normally and wait even when it says no os installed, should boot after a few tries it also takes time to boot again

do not panic i believe this is a bug and dev @Nebrassy is on it i sent logs and he said he will look into it

infamousvincci

Apr 10, 2013
Carson
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Im on eu 11.2.8.8.

Instead of flashing the twrp, i just tried booting it hoping to delete some of my magisk modules. And i can say that yes it is unable to mount storage and system. I thought the reason was i need to flash twrp instead of just booting into it. But like the other users reported, atleast now i know its not just me.

mannizyx

Jul 24, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Im on eu 11.2.8.8.

Instead of flashing the twrp, i just tried booting it hoping to delete some of my magisk modules. And i can say that yes it is unable to mount storage and system. I thought the reason was i need to flash twrp instead of just booting into it. But like the other users reported, atleast now i know its not just me.
thanks for also reporting back

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
I'm gonna try and send a log soon as I can, if possible to get it. I've been working twelves and haven't had much time. If anyone still wants to install TWRP on latest 8.8 update, you can refresh sizes and then it let me install, although wouldn't decrypt or see storage with or without lockscreen. For me adb at first didn't seem to work, but I adb sideload, and then when exiting adb sideload, adb was working. Hopefully I can get a log that maybe can help if Dev hasn't already received one. Thx
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
adb logcat > logcat.txt

oulouloul

Feb 2, 2012
Those having problems with password,

Its asking for the encryption password. The default password is "default_password" (without the quotes) try that.

If it doesnt work, BEAWERE ALL YOU DATA WILL BE GONE. try format sd, format data (where you have to write YES) , format cache. This will delete encryption.

Last option and permanently solve: you should go back to previous version of rom. I guess its 11.2.7.7 - go back to stock oneplus recovery - update rom to latest version - flash twrp again.

regards

iTryH

Nov 15, 2020
I came from MSM of a previous version, updated through OTA to the current rom version. Installed twrp like normal but that nor data formatting will work it seems, currently, that is. It just gets locked back up again.

Top Liked Posts

does anyone know if twrp retention script (magisk module) will work so I don't need to fastboot install (I'm not able to use a computer at the moment). that module would be great for my current situation
    Hi, yes I just updated using the "full" zip, installed TWRP retention script, flashed magisk to inactive slot, and I'm happy to report everything worked beautifully. 👍👍
    does anyone know if twrp retention script (magisk module) will work so I don't need to fastboot install (I'm not able to use a computer at the moment). that module would be great for my current situation
    Hi, yes I just updated using the "full" zip, installed TWRP retention script, flashed magisk to inactive slot, and I'm happy to report everything worked beautifully. 👍👍
    dude this is exactly what I was about to do and thank you for letting me know it works! and thanks @osm0sis for the awesome module
    Hi together.
    I have a huge issue. My android system shows, that my media storage has a size of 43,1 Gigabyte and i can not clear these huge amount of unavailable storage space.

I think it is my twrp backup, which i created before a while, but i can not find it anymore on my device and TWRP doesn‘t show it.

I had a similar issue long time ago on my old op3 and the reason was, that there was some enrypted hidden internal storage space from OOS and i could only get rid of it through a total wipe of internal storage.

Does anyone know this issue and is there maybe another solution to clear media storage on OP9 Pro?
    I use crDroid custom rom.

Thanks in advance and kind regards
    This issue is well known.
    You can try to clear the "recently deleted" section of the collection tab. It might solve the problem.
    Please report if it works.
    Hi together.
    I have a huge issue. My android system shows, that my media storage has a size of 43,1 Gigabyte and i can not clear these huge amount of unavailable storage space.

I think it is my twrp backup, which i created before a while, but i can not find it anymore on my device and TWRP doesn‘t show it.

I had a similar issue long time ago on my old op3 and the reason was, that there was some enrypted hidden internal storage space from OOS and i could only get rid of it through a total wipe of internal storage.

Does anyone know this issue and is there maybe another solution to clear media storage on OP9 Pro?
    I use crDroid custom rom.

Thanks in advance and kind regards
    Using x-plore, enable root access, go to /data/media and click the disk map button, that should tell you what's taking space there

Hoping I could get some guidance here. I just got my Oneplus 9 Pro (LE2125). I am running the latest version of the stock OOS 11.2.8.8.LE15AA
    I flashed the Omega Kernel that I read a lot of good things about v 5.4.61-Omega
    Also managed to install Magisk using the canary channel.

What I don't understand is I can't seem to get TWRP installed following these directions. Actually I was able to boot into it and also flash it to recovery partition, but when I boot to it, non of my folders are visible.

When I navigate to mount the USB drive it errors out for me. When I try to decrypt the drive and I type in my pw, it says it's incorrect. I'm not really sure what to do.

Any guidance please?
    Twrp still has yet to work fully for the OP8 series. Similar situation with OP9 series. You can boot to it, but not flash and get full functionality. Its really frustrating and will probably drive me away from OP devices.
    dude this is exactly what I was about to do and thank you for letting me know it works! and thanks @osm0sis for the awesome module

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Oneplus 9/Pro

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

huge thanks to @osm0sis for help in making and testing this recovery

Trees:
    https://github.com/nebrassy/device_oneplus_lemonadep-TWRP
    https://github.com/nebrassy/device_oneplus_sm8350-common-TWRP

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=326293
    new build is up

fixed decryption on newer roms
    further fixes for flashing
    data can be formatted directly after flashing a rom
    added an option to auto flash TWRP after flashing a rom
    fixed the problem where you needed to refresh sizes before being able to flash TWRP
    While TWRP development's ongoing here, I figured I'd also upload an OP9x Series version of my stock recovery adb insecure patching AK3 zip, which can be handy if, for example, after an OTA TWRP doesn't work anymore due to some change in OOS. So if something then goes wrong at least we've got decrypted data and adb shell dmesg access for our various devices via stock recovery. Attached below. Simply flash via FKM or EXKM once you're already rooted, before you flash TWRP, and then you may dump that patched stock recovery boot.img for later use.

Supporting OnePlus9/lemonade, OnePlus9TMO/lemonadet, OnePlus9VZW/lemonadev, OnePlus9Pro/lemonadep and OnePlus9ProTMO/lemonadept.

For OnePlus9R/lemonades see my OP8x+9R Series zip (since 9R is closer to 8T than 9): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-unified-stable.4101313/page-57#post-84204575

For more instructions see my original OP7T Series zip post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-adb-in-recovery.4002843/page-3#post-82376013
    So far i have read onlyvup to page 8. But i noticed a lot of people having problems with fastboot (me included). I think fastboot flashes to inactive slot without saying so.
    With slot a active, doing fastboot flash boot <filename>.img works fine (it goes to slot b) but rebooting anything (system, recovery, bootloader) ends up rebooting to fastboot mode in slot a (because of corrupted partitions).
    I am now in twrp on slot b but can't sideload files to install ramdisk. Pc is not detecting device even with mtp enabled. Stuck at this point...
    Edit: I was able to load the system on slot b. Transferred twrp img and installed ramdisk. Rooted and rebooted to system. On slot b.
    Should i start again everything from the top to slot a (reboot slot a, fastboot twrp, install rom reroot)
    the instructions say fastboot boot twrp.img, NOT fastboot flash
    released new build which solves the display issue on custom roms