• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Development [RECOVERY] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Haunt3r

One interesting thing I've come across if you are flashing a full update, it flashes to the inactive slot (this is fine), however to continue flashing additional zips (ie custom kernel, magisk etc) you need to reboot to recovery to change the boot slot, and in this process TWRP is lost, and you need to boot from twrp.img and install it. Not a big deal I think but I figured I'd let you know.

Edit: Thought of something, is there a way to boot twrp.img as the recovery during the switchover to the inactive slot?

GHOST1010

Apr 18, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
One interesting thing I've come across if you are flashing a full update, it flashes to the inactive slot (this is fine), however to continue flashing additional zips (ie custom kernel, magisk etc) you need to reboot to recovery to change the boot slot, and in this process TWRP is lost, and you need to boot from twrp.img and install it. Not a big deal I think but I figured I'd let you know.

Edit: Thought of something, is there a way to boot twrp.img as the recovery during the switchover to the inactive slot?
It's been this way since a/b ,even tho you flashed a rom your active slot remains the same , it is changed on reboot, if you want after the flash check the current active slot form reboot menu in twrp, change it to inactive (other) slot were the update was flashed ,and install twrp recovery again and reboot system / or reboot recovery and flash magisk/kernel .
Takes a bit to learn how it works if your new 👍

Reactions: Haunt3r

William.trem

Aug 21, 2020

🍻

Reactions: Haunt3r and osm0sis

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
you dont know what is otg?? lol. you need for use a usb drive and this not work.
Since you wanna be the smart guy.....
Follow instructions on flashing. It says clearly to use adb sideload. Therefore nothing needs to be transferred to phone to storage. Follow instructions and it could help you. TWRP is in it's infancy and not mature yet. Get it?

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Whene i need a pc thene i dont need twrp. Every rom i can flash also with a pc without twrp. The advantages of twrp are actually that you can flash without pc.
Yeah AND unfortunately TWRP isn't there yet! It's being said over and over. For now,LOS recovery should be used UNTIL the kinks are worked out. It was nice to see TWRP boot on my phone but after flashing a rom, I'm no longer using it and waiting for a build that works. As the person above said back up and restore works. Flashing I can say, does not work

Nebrassy

Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
for me (9pro) on any rom flashing installing backup restore, etc all work. but I'm not getting connection with pc. Tried on Latest twrp with OOS Los & crD 🤔
Need logs?
Try mount > enable mtp

As for the rest of the issues, next release should have some fixes for flashing, so you can wipe after flashing then flash twrp so you don't need a pc

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
How can you flash when you cannot copy files to the phone? when you wipe the phone there is nothing and you need wipe before flashing.

adb sideload works well.

As the person above said back up and restore works. Flashing I can say, does not work

Flashing does work, but currently you just need to format data, then reboot recovery first if switching ROM.

Is anyone experiencing poor touchscreen response in TWRP?

It's actually not the response that's bad, it's just offset a bit from the bottom. You can see it with the navbar the best. It's because on LOS the touchscreen modules are in vendor_boot, but on OOS they're in vendor, and therefore it's been tricky to get it working 100% everywhere.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

@Nebrassy JFYI - the issue has started with July security update on both OOS and AOSP/LOS. Perhaps, some update in framework / interface.
    While TWRP development's ongoing here, I figured I'd also upload an OP9x Series version of my stock recovery adb insecure patching AK3 zip, which can be handy if, for example, after an OTA TWRP doesn't work anymore due to some change in OOS. So if something then goes wrong at least we've got decrypted data and adb shell dmesg access for our various devices via stock recovery. Attached below. Simply flash via FKM or EXKM once you're already rooted, before you flash TWRP, and then you may dump that patched stock recovery boot.img for later use.

Supporting OnePlus9/lemonade, OnePlus9TMO/lemonadet, OnePlus9VZW/lemonadev, OnePlus9Pro/lemonadep and OnePlus9ProTMO/lemonadept.

For OnePlus9R/lemonades see my OP8x+9R Series zip (since 9R is closer to 8T than 9): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-unified-stable.4101313/page-57#post-84204575

For more instructions see my original OP7T Series zip post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-adb-in-recovery.4002843/page-3#post-82376013
    in the case where Flash Current TWRP fails, which is only happening for some people and not others, try going to the backup menu, refresh sizes and then try Flash Current TWRP again, let me know if that works for people who couldn't flash before so I add that to the OP
    *Looks at forum header*
    I'll look into this when I have some time, if you're on that update and can test join my tg group
    Just making sure you guys are doing the right thing, I just want to help:
    LET'S SAY YOUR PHONE IS ON
    1. adb reboot bootloader
    2. fastboot boot twrp.img(you can rename the .img to twrp.img)
    3. Once in TWRP go to Advanced and then press Flash Current TWRP
    4. Now, reboot to recovery just to make sure you can reboot to TWRP again.
    5. Reboot to system.
    ALSO MAKE SURE DRIVERS FOR OP9PRO ARE INSTALLED.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Oneplus 9/Pro

this has only been tested on 9 Pro, let me know if there are any issues on Oneplus 9

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

huge thanks to @osm0sis for help in making and testing this recovery

Trees:
    https://github.com/nebrassy/device_oneplus_lemonadep-TWRP
    https://github.com/nebrassy/device_oneplus_sm8350-common-TWRP

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=326293
    While TWRP development's ongoing here, I figured I'd also upload an OP9x Series version of my stock recovery adb insecure patching AK3 zip, which can be handy if, for example, after an OTA TWRP doesn't work anymore due to some change in OOS. So if something then goes wrong at least we've got decrypted data and adb shell dmesg access for our various devices via stock recovery. Attached below. Simply flash via FKM or EXKM once you're already rooted, before you flash TWRP, and then you may dump that patched stock recovery boot.img for later use.

Supporting OnePlus9/lemonade, OnePlus9TMO/lemonadet, OnePlus9VZW/lemonadev, OnePlus9Pro/lemonadep and OnePlus9ProTMO/lemonadept.

For OnePlus9R/lemonades see my OP8x+9R Series zip (since 9R is closer to 8T than 9): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-unified-stable.4101313/page-57#post-84204575

For more instructions see my original OP7T Series zip post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-adb-in-recovery.4002843/page-3#post-82376013
    released new build which solves the display issue on custom roms
    I just wanted to say thank you @Nebrassy . I now can have a recovery and do things like flash @kristofpetho s Omega Kernel.
    Hopefully, this will also take me one step closer to getting dual sim working on my AA OP9. many thanks from Mayberry!!
    in the case where Flash Current TWRP fails, which is only happening for some people and not others, try going to the backup menu, refresh sizes and then try Flash Current TWRP again, let me know if that works for people who couldn't flash before so I add that to the OP