Development [RECOVERY] [11] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Weird with the snow issue; when run with `fastboot boot` is the only time the blu kernel would be used, and that should just work on its own since it's more self-contained with the inline touch modules... 🤔

Edit: Ahh, @Nebrassy informed me it's vendor_boot conflicting, of course. 😕

Last edited:

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Can you share information why TWRP backups are not reliable?

Backup seems to work, and restore completes, but first boot will be a black screen, and the subsequent boot might go back to normal but hard to guarantee everything will work as it should. That's from my testing on OOS stable.

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Backup seems to work, and restore completes, but first boot will be a black screen, and the subsequent boot might go back to normal but hard to guarantee everything will work as it should. That's from my testing on OOS stable.
Did you test it on OP 9 Series only, or it will work for 8T also?

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Hm, not sure what the problem is, it worked for @neobuddy89 who's also on crDroid, can you check if advanced > install recovery ramdisk works?

Could it be the original OOS base? How much of that is retained after installing crDroid? I was on 11.2.6.6BA cos 7.7 isn't out yet, possibly @neobuddy89 was on 7.7?

Tried installing ramdisk, shows explorer to pick the image file but same error

Attachments

• Ramdisk_Test.zip
    80.1 KB · Views: 16

Haunt3r

Jul 16, 2012
Portland,Oregon
Google Pixel 8 Pro
All went through perfectly. Thank you for this!

Question, I was trying to move from 11.2.7.7AA to 11.2.6.6BA and couldn't through adb/system sideload, would I be able to use TWRP to flash over to this version, or would this cause issues since 11.2.7.7AA is newer?

(Trying to get over to the other firmware since AA only does incremental updates now, and it's a whole hassle to keep safetynet on them from what I read from osm0sis and BA appears to be receiving full updates instead of just OTAs)

Edit, just for the record if anyone else wants to do this, you can, I flashed the 11.2.6.6BA in twrp, and then rebooted (forcing it to boot the opposite slot I was on), then re-installed twrp per OPs instructions (as the recovery img for the opposite slot was still stock) and flashed omega then magisk. No issues so far. Will update if I run into any (dirty flash btw, didn't do a wipe of the system)

Last edited:

Hot-Proton

May 11, 2019
OnePlus 9 Pro
Have now installed on EU 2.6.6 and working fine with Magisk. Will test more later. Whene i install stock full oss this replace the recovery? Only whene i reboot now the phone its take a bit longer now to enter the homescreen. Get always now first Phone is starting.

Haunt3r

Jul 16, 2012
Portland,Oregon
Google Pixel 8 Pro
One interesting thing I've come across if you are flashing a full update, it flashes to the inactive slot (this is fine), however to continue flashing additional zips (ie custom kernel, magisk etc) you need to reboot to recovery to change the boot slot, and in this process TWRP is lost, and you need to boot from twrp.img and install it. Not a big deal I think but I figured I'd let you know.

Edit: Thought of something, is there a way to boot twrp.img as the recovery during the switchover to the inactive slot?

GHOST1010

Apr 18, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
One interesting thing I've come across if you are flashing a full update, it flashes to the inactive slot (this is fine), however to continue flashing additional zips (ie custom kernel, magisk etc) you need to reboot to recovery to change the boot slot, and in this process TWRP is lost, and you need to boot from twrp.img and install it. Not a big deal I think but I figured I'd let you know.

Edit: Thought of something, is there a way to boot twrp.img as the recovery during the switchover to the inactive slot?
It's been this way since a/b ,even tho you flashed a rom your active slot remains the same , it is changed on reboot, if you want after the flash check the current active slot form reboot menu in twrp, change it to inactive (other) slot were the update was flashed ,and install twrp recovery again and reboot system / or reboot recovery and flash magisk/kernel .
Takes a bit to learn how it works if your new 👍

Reactions: Haunt3r

William.trem

Aug 21, 2020

🍻

Reactions: Haunt3r and osm0sis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Oneplus 9/Pro

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the new image
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

huge thanks to @osm0sis for help in making and testing this recovery

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_lemonadep
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_sm8350-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus9pro.html
    new build is up

fixed decryption on newer roms
    further fixes for flashing
    data can be formatted directly after flashing a rom
    added an option to auto flash TWRP after flashing a rom
    fixed the problem where you needed to refresh sizes before being able to flash TWRP
    Official builds have started

While TWRP development's ongoing here, I figured I'd also upload an OP9x Series version of my stock recovery adb insecure patching AK3 zip, which can be handy if, for example, after an OTA TWRP doesn't work anymore due to some change in OOS. So if something then goes wrong at least we've got decrypted data and adb shell dmesg access for our various devices via stock recovery. Attached below. Simply flash via FKM or EXKM once you're already rooted, before you flash TWRP, and then you may dump that patched stock recovery boot.img for later use.

Supporting OnePlus9/lemonade, OnePlus9TMO/lemonadet, OnePlus9VZW/lemonadev, OnePlus9Pro/lemonadep and OnePlus9ProTMO/lemonadept.

For OnePlus9R/lemonades see my OP8x+9R Series zip (since 9R is closer to 8T than 9): https://xdaforums.com/t/twrp-3-4-0-...-unified-stable.4101313/page-57#post-84204575

For more instructions see my original OP7T Series zip post: https://xdaforums.com/t/magisk-twrp...-adb-in-recovery.4002843/page-3#post-82376013
    Hmm, or not: https://jenkins.twrp.me/view/TWRP Release Android-12.1/ ☹️

We need a new maintainer to bring-up the device tree to android-12.1, since @Nebrassy has confirmed he is stepping down.
    I **might** be interested in helping out. I want to get TWRP running on A12 on my OnePlus 9 Pro, too. I am a software engineer, so I'm familiar with dealing with code, git, and whatnot. But I've never done anything with Android, so I would need some pointers in what exactly is involved with maintaining a device tree. What is the purpose of the code in the device tree? I'm assuming it has to do with configuring TWRP for a specific device? What is the process for figuring out what the configuration is? How do I get started?