Development [RECOVERY] [12] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
Hi @Nebrassy

Problem description:

After having formatted data and wiped everything MTP via USB cable does not work.

Workaround:

Via ADB sideload it is possible to flash a ROM.

Tested versions:

I have tried several versions of TWRP (also the latest official one) and see that all of them have the same problem.

Last edited:

unlokomukuerdo

Sep 24, 2014
Seems it's not possible to flash a rom via adb sideload cause I can't enable adb sideload in trwp cause of touch issue. I've try to flash roms with xiaomi tool V2 but seems that it flash without wiping anything so no room can boot. Any help?

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
Seems it's not possible to flash a rom via adb sideload cause I can't enable adb sideload in trwp cause of touch issue. I've try to flash roms with xiaomi tool V2 but seems that it flash without wiping anything so no room can boot. Any help?
If the touch screen does not work on your device then your device must have other hardware then the majority of Redmi Note 10 Pro.

I assume that you have the new 256 GB version, right?

That one seems to be incompatible to most of the ROMs due to different hardware.

As a workaround you could try the following.

Connect PC mouse to the USB-C port of your mobile phone.

That's it ... just use the mouse instead of the touch screen for flashing the ROM.

unlokomukuerdo

Sep 24, 2014
Yes is the 256gb version. Now I wonder if xiaomi tool V2 is really working wiping everything and the problem is that the roms are incompatible. Will try with a mouse, thanks.

Last edited:

pnin

Mod Edit: English Translation Below

[...] I have the problem when installing twrp and it is that my device is without touch. If I install any ROM based on miui with the help of a mouse, everything works, but if I install a ROM of another type, THE TOUCH DOES NOT WORK, I was reading and apparently some drivers are missing.

My new Redmi note 10 pro (sweet) device's touch screen doesn't work on TWRP. I tried flash many times many versions but It doesn't work.

Hello
Same problem here with touch, i have try different versions and nothing,have try different recoverys too but no way

I have tried several versions of TWRP (also the latest official one) and see that all of them have the same problem.

I am currently building a kernel with focaltech drivers, after I build the kernel I will install it and write back here if it works

Yet another one with same problem -- any news on this issue? [Please note: mine is not 256GB, it's a 6/128GB M2101K6G]

I flashed TWRP to recovery via fastboot and immediately lost touch. Switched to CrDroid recovery via ADB sideload, and was able to to flash the v9.2 ROM, but still no touch...

Going to revert back to MIUI now, if I can... 😿

Last edited:

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
Yes is the 256gb version. Now I wonder if xiaomi tool V2 is really working wiping everything and the problem is that the roms are incompatible. Will try with a mouse, thanks.
You are welcome!

I do not have the 256 GB version - but I know that it is new and has different hardware.

Because of this there is no custom ROM support yet for the 256 GB version.

You could ask @Pulkit Agarwal if he could include the hardware specifics of the 256 GB version in his device tree for sweet.

By this also the 256 GB version would get custom ROM support.

Due to the excellent work of @Pulkit Agarwal lots of people are enjoying custom ROMs like LineageOS or PixelExperience on the Redmi Note 10 Pro.

s3andnexus5

Nov 30, 2014
I just bought the 8/256 version last week and went through all the hoops to unlock the bootloader. After flashing twrp and crdroid custom rom, I have no touch. Only workaround is to use a mouse.

Is this version ever going to be supported? I'm already in the process of returning this phone for a refund.

Reactions: Fostel

gessler2244

Nov 5, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
Refund? Just because it isn´t supported yet? I guess it will be supported soon as always it can take some time until drivers are available and can be compiled into the system, an option could be xiaomi.eu until it is supported by others.

unlokomukuerdo

Sep 24, 2014
I just bought the 8/256 version last week and went through all the hoops to unlock the bootloader. After flashing twrp and crdroid custom rom, I have no touch. Only workaround is to use a mouse.

Is this version ever going to be supported? I'm already in the process of returning this phone for a refund.
Hello,which version did you flash?,latest crdroid 9.2 is not workind for me

s3andnexus5

Nov 30, 2014
Refund? Just because it isn´t supported yet? I guess it will be supported soon as always it can take some time until drivers are available and can be compiled into the system, an option could be xiaomi.eu until it is supported by others.
Well I certainly didn't spend $250 for a phone that I need to use a mouse for. I basically have a paperweight right now. I don't have money to waste so yes, I'm going to get a refund on the phone and then when the touch issue gets sorted out I'll buy it again.
Hello,which version did you flash?,latest crdroid 9.2 is not workind for me
I literally flashed the latest crdroid rom that's available for note 10 pro as of this message.

gessler2244

Nov 5, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
Well I certainly didn't spend $250 for a phone that I need to use a mouse for. I basically have a paperweight right now. I don't have money to waste so yes, I'm going to get a refund on the phone and then when the touch issue gets sorted out I'll buy it again.

I literally flashed the latest crdroid rom that's available for note 10 pro as of this message.
Your phone came with working firmware from xiaomi, and you can flash xiaomi.eu firmware, but no phone brand will guarantee you compatibility with any custom rom.

s3andnexus5

Nov 30, 2014
Your phone came with working firmware from xiaomi, and you can flash xiaomi.eu firmware, but no phone brand will guarantee you compatibility with any custom rom.
This phone is very finicky and very unlike any other phone I've flashed a custom recovery to. I cannot flash any stock ROMs onto the phone anymore and I don't know why. I can put whatever custom ROM I want on it but for some reason when I flash a stock ROM, even the EU rom, it just boots into twerp like it has no operating system.

I tried using the xiaomi flash tool to completely flash stock ROM but my stupid computer doesn't want to download the stupid drivers that it needs.

I found an eBay seller who is selling brand new note 10 pros and I asked what model he has and he said it was the 2021 model. So I'm just going to return the unusable new one and buy the older model.

Last edited:

unlokomukuerdo

Sep 24, 2014
Well, I have tried to flash several roms and recoveries for our 256gb version with the help of a mouse and I can confirm that no one works in our device, no touch at all. Time to wait or change our device

Fostel

Jan 16, 2013
London
OnePlus One
OnePlus X
Reactions: unlokomukuerdo

Top Liked Posts