Development [RECOVERY] [12] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

satanas17

Are you stuck with OS loop at logo? Have you tried with this guide? In my case solved the 0Gb internal storage issue.
No no, everything go well, my phone boots well...
This is just the result that i can see when i launch recovery, same than previous version.
So no, for me, no necessary to upgrade, still doesn't able to read internal and, of course, make saves.

Reactions: kd276

zorak20

Dec 24, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi!! I have a couple of questions regarding TWRP maybe you can help me:
1. When we get the new version with decryp abilities, would updating to that one will erase my phone o I can do it with a dirty install?
2. If I do a nand backup now, will it back anything taking into consideration that everything is encrypted or only my internal sd data is?

Thanks!!

Friend of Bill W.

Jan 21, 2009
at home...
Samsung Galaxy A51
There's mention of "just flash via Orangefox" but could you please tell me which partition i have to tick as Orangefox does not do this automatically.

I'm on LOS A11 official

Also my poco x3 pro is encrypted so will i still be able to install TWRP without problems? Or how do I have to decrypt? Thank you!
Hi guys, unfortunately I´m still unsure if and how I can switch to TWRP recovery from Orangefox :oops:

I don´t want to start from scratch again.

So can I just install the zip via Orangefox and do I have to chose a partition at all?

Your help would be really appreciated

Odeya

May 6, 2022
Hi guys,

I just need to ask some question before im trying to unlock my bootloader and install Custom ROM, right now i was waiting for 7 days period time to unlock my poco, right now it was on Miui 13 (Android 12) there is some consideration that comes in my mind:

1. From what i read TWRP does not yet support A12, so should i still flash the TWRP even though it does not support A12? Or should i just go adb sideload way?

2. If i go with adb sideload way, in the Custom ROM instructions says "temporary recovery" does this means after i successfully installed Custom ROM my recovery will be back to stock miui recovery?

Any answers will be appreciated for a noob like me! Thanks!

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Hi guys,

I just need to ask some question before im trying to unlock my bootloader and install Custom ROM, right now i was waiting for 7 days period time to unlock my poco, right now it was on Miui 13 (Android 12) there is some consideration that comes in my mind:

1. From what i read TWRP does not yet support A12, so should i still flash the TWRP even though it does not support A12? Or should i just go adb sideload way?

TWRP still works in A12, the only thing is that it's not able to read internal storage data. The writing ablilty is still intact.

If you know how to use adb sideload, go for it.
Alternatively, you can insert microSD card or USB OTG. TWRP can read those 2 storage.

2. If i go with adb sideload way, in the Custom ROM instructions says "temporary recovery" does this means after i successfully installed Custom ROM my recovery will be back to stock miui recovery?

temporary recovery is most likely refer to the command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp_image_name.img
Custom recovery will vanish after reboot with this command.
You can still overwrite recovery.
Only official MIUI will overwrite recovery to MIUI recovery every boot.

Odeya

May 6, 2022
TWRP still works in A12, the only thing is that it's not able to read internal storage data. The writing ablilty is still intact.

If you know how to use adb sideload, go for it.
Alternatively, you can insert microSD card or USB OTG. TWRP can read those 2 storage.

temporary recovery is most likely refer to the command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp_image_name.img
Custom recovery will vanish after reboot with this command.
You can still overwrite recovery.
Only official MIUI will overwrite recovery to MIUI recovery every boot.

Ah thank you so much for this, so which one would you prefer and safer, go for twrp and use otg, or adb sideload?

And as for the temporary recovery, so custom recovery will vanish which mean there are no recovery? or i can just flash any custom recovery at any time after installing custom ROM?

Sorry as im still learning all this 😁

satanas17

Ah thank you so much for this, so which one would you prefer and safer, go for twrp and use otg, or adb sideload?

And as for the temporary recovery, so custom recovery will vanish which mean there are no recovery? or i can just flash any custom recovery at any time after installing custom ROM?

Sorry as im still learning all this 😁
Sideload needs to be done with your computer.
Twrp and OTG or SD card are stand-alone.
You can do your updates with twrp, you just need to copy downloaded file from OTA to your SD card or OTG device.
By the way, you must be rooted to access that downloaded file, located in root directory under root/data/arrowos_updates.

For being persistent, your recovery must be flashed.
The command above just launch it one time.
To flash it, command is :
fastboot flash recovery (recovery filename)

Odeya

May 6, 2022
Sideload needs to be done with your computer.
Twrp and OTG or SD card are stand-alone.
You can do your updates with twrp, you just need to copy downloaded file from OTA to your SD card or OTG device.
By the way, you must be rooted to access that downloaded file, located in root directory under root/data/arrowos_updates.

For being persistent, your recovery must be flashed.
The command above just launch it one time.
To flash it, command is :
fastboot flash recovery (recovery filename)
Ah okay ill get it, i might go with sideload, but the only thing that i still get confused is that the instructions of custom rom it says:

Temporarily flash a recovery on your device by typing (replace <recovery_filename> with the actual filename!):
fastboot flash boot <recovery_filename>.img

Does this means that the recovery was only temporary just for installing the custom rom? or should i use the command that you give to permanently flash it?

Sorry i think my question is already out of topic 😁

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Ah okay ill get it, i might go with sideload, but the only thing that i still get confused is that the instructions of custom rom it says:

Temporarily flash a recovery on your device by typing (replace <recovery_filename> with the actual filename!):
fastboot flash boot <recovery_filename>.img

Does this means that the recovery was only temporary just for installing the custom rom? or should i use the command that you give to permanently flash it?

Sorry i think my question is already out of topic 😁

From where did you see this instruction ?

This command likely will make your Poco X3 pro not able to boot to system, causing a soft brick or only booting into custom recoveries.

The correct command to flash recovery permanently for Poco X3 pro is as stated by satanas17 :
fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img

Here is picture guide on how to flash the recovery into your phone:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/4288121/post-85137963

Section 2 step 12 and 13 to flash TWRP.

Odeya

May 6, 2022
From where did you see this instruction ?

This command likely will make your Poco X3 pro not able to boot to system, causing a soft brick or only booting into custom recoveries.

The correct command to flash recovery permanently for Poco X3 pro is as stated by satanas17 :
fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img

Here is picture guide on how to flash the recovery into your phone:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/4288121/post-85137963

Section 2 step 12 and 13 to flash TWRP.
Thank you for your reply,

I copied this command from PE custom rom installation guide, and checked on LOS installation guide its the same command, it was installation guide if you were using adb sideload, thats why i was confused, why would i temporarily boot to custom recovery without flashing it, doesnt that means the recovery will be missing.

So now i have to use the command you guys give and flash the PE custom recovery permanently? Im at Android 12 now btw

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I copied this command from PE custom rom installation guide, and checked on LOS installation guide its the same command,

LOS installation guide did not write that command for Poco X3 Pro.

It wrote the same as how we told you:

2022-05-08 14.39.00 wiki.lineageos.org ed3c11e6c372.png

You probably read the command from other place for other phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unofficial 12 builds are here:
    thank you very much!

I can confirm that this build can decrypt Android 12. i just updated my Arrow12.1 to latest using it without using sdcard.
    Modified twrp with backup restore feature for internal storage android 12 encryption
    Hi would be nice to know if
    - You did any modification
    - is this an official twrp recovery
    - if so credits go to whom
    - if official link would be good

TY
    its based from the latest Nebrassy build a12 encryption supported i did modify twrp.flags from system/etc/ and added this line:
    /storage ext4 /data/media/0 flags=display="Internal Storage";usermrf;backup=1;fsflags="bind";removable
    /metadata_image emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/metadata flags=display="Metadata_Image";backup=1;flashimg=1
    To enable the detection of internal storage as well as backup restore function

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP for Poco X3 Pro Global/Indian (vayu/bhima)

touch and adb work
    SD card and USB OTG are working
    Decryption is working

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_vayu

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomipocox3pro.html

Unofficial 12 builds: https://www.pling.com/p/1833617/
    Official builds have started

new build is up

fixed flashing stock rom on indian variant