Development [RECOVERY] [12] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Perru

Jun 4, 2015
Need to "fix bootloop"-option as officially described by twrp-team here?

• "NOTE: You also need to use the "Fix Recovery Bootloop" option present in the same Advanced Tab. Use that option after you have installed the recovery ramdisk successfully to avoid boot loops happening from installing TWRP Permanently."

or is that fixed in the new nebrassy-version "TWRP-3.6.2-alioth-Nebrassy-03-07-22.img" from here?
(especially, as in my actually installed twrp-version "3.6.2_12-RedmiPOCOF3_v3.7_A12" / "twrp-3.6.2_12-v3.7_A12-alioth-skkk.img" there is no more option "fix recovery bootloop" under "Advanced"...)

EDIT:
Just updated my TWRP successfully
  • from "twrp-3.6.2_12-v3.7_A12-alioth-skkk.img"
  • to "TWRP-3.6.2-alioth-Nebrassy-03-07-22.img"
by
  1. Downloading new twrp-img-file from here
  2. Copy downloaded img to internal storage of my Poco F3
  3. Settings \ My Device \ 13 MIUI version (icon) \ ... (3-button-menu top right) \ Reboot to Recovery mode <Yes>
  4. TWRP splash screen (nearly 30 seconds, patience) \ Insert your password (PIN \ Pattern)
  5. Advanced \ Install Recovery Ramdisk \ <select the TWRP file from Step 1> \ <Swipe to Install>
  6. Press <Reboot System> \ Done
No need / no more otion to "fix bootloop" und "advanced", seems, as official guide needs an update :)

Last edited:

pakino2004

Dec 21, 2010
Gran Canaria South
Xiaomi Poco F3
Need to "fix bootloop"-option as officially described by twrp-team here?

• "NOTE: You also need to use the "Fix Recovery Bootloop" option present in the same Advanced Tab. Use that option after you have installed the recovery ramdisk successfully to avoid boot loops happening from installing TWRP Permanently."

or is that fixed in the new nebrassy-version "TWRP-3.6.2-alioth-Nebrassy-03-07-22.img" from here?
(especially, as in my actually installed twrp-version "3.6.2_12-RedmiPOCOF3_v3.7_A12" / "twrp-3.6.2_12-v3.7_A12-alioth-skkk.img" there is no more option "fix recovery bootloop" under "Advanced"...)

EDIT:
Just updated my TWRP successfully
  • from "twrp-3.6.2_12-v3.7_A12-alioth-skkk.img"
  • to "TWRP-3.6.2-alioth-Nebrassy-03-07-22.img"
by
  1. Downloading new twrp-img-file from here
  2. Copy downloaded img to internal storage of my Poco F3
  3. Settings \ My Device \ 13 MIUI version (icon) \ ... (3-button-menu top right) \ Reboot to Recovery mode <Yes>
  4. TWRP splash screen (nearly 30 seconds, patience) \ Insert your password (PIN \ Pattern)
  5. Advanced \ Install Recovery Ramdisk \ <select the TWRP file from Step 1> \ <Swipe to Install>
  6. Press <Reboot System> \ Done
No need / no more otion to "fix bootloop" und "advanced", seems, as official guide needs an update :)
this new version is only for A12 or for A11 as well? thank you for your response in advance

ItielO

Jul 24, 2020
When trying to do
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
instead of booting to TWRP so i can
Code:
Flash current booted TWRP
i get booted to system.
Solutions?

bmwbasti

Apr 29, 2011
What´s the problem (with every version of TWRP that is allegedly able to decrypt data in MIUI13/Android 12...) when there is no input pattern for data-decryption at the boot/start of TWRP?
When i manually try to decrypt data there ist always a "password failed" error eventhough the password is definitly correct. It´s the same password which i have to put in at startup after th phone asked for the SIM-PIN.

Reactions: Adam Hui

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
Xiaomi 13
What´s the problem (with every version of TWRP that is allegedly able to decrypt data in MIUI13/Android 12...) when there is no input pattern for data-decryption at the boot/start of TWRP?
When i manually try to decrypt data there ist always a "password failed" error eventhough the password is definitly correct. It´s the same password which i have to put in at startup after th phone asked for the SIM-PIN.
If decrypting via that way does not work, consider removing the security method altogether to see if that works.

gigavolthavoc07

Jul 24, 2021
Hello nebrassy, is this working for Dirty flashing? like I'm currently in 13.0.3 and i want to flash 13.0.4 via twrp, is it doable or not?

barturblits

Jul 4, 2014
Had a faulty LOS update. Could not get it to boot so tried to restore the twrp backup I made just before updating. It warned about that the pattern should be removed before restoring. But that wasnt possible at that time and I also was under the impression that the latest version would not need that anymore because twrp decrypts data with pattern correctly. But restore failed, wouldnt boot up. Back to fresh install and neo backup. Up and running again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11975321

Hi, how does decryption work? I've originally used Swipe + Fingerprint to unlock my phone, but even after switching to pin + fingerprint, then pin, then nothing, TWRP still can't decrypt data.

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
I have to say that it is quite a disappointment. Poco F3 has been on the market for a long time and there is still no functional backup and recovery of the entire system via TWRP Recovery. Shame.

Reactions: stefanhv

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
I have to say that it is quite a disappointment. Poco F3 has been on the market for a long time and there is still no functional backup and recovery of the entire system via TWRP Recovery. Shame.
It is not a Poco F3 issue. It is a wider Android 12 recovery problem. For further information, see Android 12 and data partition backup/restore.

Anyone who wishes to help with a solution is welcome to submit patches to the twrp Gerrit.

Edit, 6 August 2022: this issue has now been resolved upstream, and will require a new build of the recovery.

Last edited:

ferreol-fr

As I read here, it's not a POCO F3 or a MIUI failure. The bug is related to FBE v2 encryption.
The other bug is the silence on this issue!
[edit]
@DarthJabba9 thank you for your support on OrangeFox (the only one to be clear on that issue)
[/edit]

Last edited:

Adam Hui

May 30, 2012
Jakarta
Xiaomi Poco F3
It is not a Poco F3 issue. It is a wider Android 12 recovery problem. For further information, see Android 12 and data partition backup/restore.

Anyone who wishes to help with a solution is welcome to submit patches to the twrp Gerrit.
This is most likely the answer why "android third party security trigerred" when i restored whole backup partition of my current pixel os by latest nebrassy's unofficial twrp.
I lost over my 40gb data since full wipe is the only sort of fastboot stuck.

yeaka

Jun 1, 2015
this twrp didn't work for my f3. it just went to a black screen/phone turned off. i used SKKK TWRP to be able to boot and install TWRP.

Reactions: Shyonnu

Shyonnu

Jul 13, 2012
Newcastle
Poco f3 global 13.0.4.0 / A12 tried / security update 1 June 2022:
1. skkk twrp
2. TWRP-3.6.2-alioth-Nebrassy-03-07-22.img
both result in a black screen even after waiting for 3 minutes.

Can someone recommend flashing MIUI. eu version with TWRP built in?
Would be grateful for any hints / download links links?
many thanks in advance!

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Poco f3 global 13.0.4.0 / A12 tried / security update 1 June 2022:
1. skkk twrp
2. TWRP-3.6.2-alioth-Nebrassy-03-07-22.img
both result in a black screen even after waiting for 3 minutes.

Can someone recommend flashing MIUI. eu version with TWRP built in?
Would be grateful for any hints / download links links?
many thanks in advance!
Just a thought, have you checked you're using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0 etc, they can act up... and it is an Intel sys, rather than Ryzen...

Reactions: Shyonnu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Poco F3/Mi 11X/Redmi K40

touch and adb work
    flashing works
    USB OTG works
    Decryption is working

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    3. select the new image
    4. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    5. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Trees:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_alioth
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_sm8250-common

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomipocof3.html

Unofficial android 12 builds: https://www.pling.com/p/1836619/
    mirror: https://store.kde.org/p/1836619/
    New build is up

fixed usb config (fastbootd and adb sideload now work)
    fixed vibration
    removed partitions shown twice in menus
    data can now be safely formatted after flashing
    new flashing method, Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    added toggle in settings to automatically flash TWRP after flashing a ROM, it will only be flashed after a payload.bin rom (custom roms only not MIUI ports)
    further fixes for flashing roms
    new build is up
    -fixed spunvm spam in log
    -fixed flashing payload roms, stock and custom AOSP roms should now flash correctly
    Official builds have started