Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
ONLY FOR EXYNOS MODELS (SM-G960F/FD/N)
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This will trip knox to 0x1, your phones warranty will be voided, flash at your own risk. Also, this process will wipe your personal data!

HOW TO INSTALL:
0. Make sure you enabled developer settings by pressing the build number several times and have the OEM unlock enabled
1. Boot into download mode by pressing: bixby, volume down and power
2. Download the latest Odin version, open it
3. Download the recovery file from below and put it into the AP tab
4. Untick "auto reboot" in odin and flash the file
5. After flashing, boot into twrp. Make sure to NOT allow system to be modified till you disable dm-verity! (otherwise your phone will be stuck at bootloop). Alternatively flash my stock patched kernel to the boot partition (install, install img, check the kernel, check boot partition, done). Find the patch kernel here
6. To disable encryption you need to format data

DOWNLOAD:
Download via Mega

BUGS:
- Samsung encryption is NOT supported
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

DONATION:
Via PayPal

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP starlte, Device Specific App for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
Tkkg1994
Source Code: https://github.com/Tkkg1994/android_device_samsung_starlte

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.1-1
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-15

Created 2018-03-15
Last Updated 2018-03-19

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Changelogs

CHANGELOG for 3.2.1-0:
* minui fixes (cryptomilk)
* Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
* Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
* Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
* Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

CHANGELOG for 3.2.1-1:
* Added omc partition to the mount table
* Since we are using treble here I enabled that you can flash img files to the system/vendor partitions
* Fixed USB OTG issues

Last edited:

bennebartsch

Mar 15, 2018
Flashing TWRP and booting into it works fine, thank's for your work!
But then i tried flashing no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip but after that i'm stuck in boot loop...

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
There's already a small update for this TWRP:

- Added omc partition to the mount table
- Since we are using treble here I enabled that you can flash img files to the system/vendor partitions
- Fixed USB OTG issues

Also I made a stock kernel which disables force encryption and dm-verity! Flash it as img to the boot partition!

TWRP 3.2.1-1

Patched stock boot.img

Guys from what I heard magisk 16.1 was causing bootloops!

Reactions: _alexndr

Mr. A

Jan 6, 2016
Kathmandu
Root Galaxy S9

How can I root s9?
Can I flash "Magisk " or super SU to root after Flashing TWRP to root?
If someone has tried please tell me.

Reactions: bennebartsch

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
There's already a small update for this TWRP:

- Added omc partition to the mount table [...]

I hope CSC partition it is mounted as /odm (as in case of booted Android), to avoid confusion :) because exact CSC location is /odm (e.g. exact path to omc directory is /odm/omc)

I'm asking because I can't test it myself... (yet) :D

EDIT: Never mind @Tkkg1994, I just answered myself :)

Code:
/odm | /dev/block/sda20 | Size: 611MB Used: 490MB Free: 120MB Backup Size: 490MB
   Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up IsPresent Can_Flash_Img 
   Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/sda20
   Display_Name: omc
   Storage_Name: omc
   Backup_Path: /odm
   Backup_Name: odm
   Backup_Display_Name: omc
   Storage_Path: /odm
   Current_File_System: ext4
   Fstab_File_System: ext4
   Backup_Method: files

Last edited:

rfburen

Dec 14, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Question: the recovery i need to flash via the AP tab in Odin, but how do flash the patched stock boot.img? And how do i flash it into the boot partition?
Its not really well explained above here and i don't want to brick a phone of almost 1000 euro's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ONLY FOR EXYNOS MODELS (SM-G960F/FD/N)
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This will trip knox to 0x1, your phones warranty will be voided, flash at your own risk. Also, this process will wipe your personal data!

HOW TO INSTALL:
    0. Make sure you enabled developer settings by pressing the build number several times and have the OEM unlock enabled
    1. Boot into download mode by pressing: bixby, volume down and power
    2. Download the latest Odin version, open it
    3. Download the recovery file from below and put it into the AP tab
    4. Untick "auto reboot" in odin and flash the file
    5. After flashing, boot into twrp. Make sure to NOT allow system to be modified till you disable dm-verity! (otherwise your phone will be stuck at bootloop). Alternatively flash my stock patched kernel to the boot partition (install, install img, check the kernel, check boot partition, done). Find the patch kernel here
    6. To disable encryption you need to format data

DOWNLOAD:
    Download via Mega

BUGS:
    - Samsung encryption is NOT supported
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

DONATION:
    Via PayPal

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP starlte, Device Specific App for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    Tkkg1994
    Source Code: https://github.com/Tkkg1994/android_device_samsung_starlte

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.1-1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-03-15

Created 2018-03-15
    Last Updated 2018-03-19
    Hey guys :)

Due to the fact that Jesse could already apply his TWRP to the official twrp.me website, I'll close this thread and suggest you all to install his latest (now official) release.

I will help him to sort out all remaining bugs, so please write all problems you occure directly into his official twrp thread.

It doesn't make any sense to have 2 twrps for the very same device. That's why I'll close this thread. Thanks for your understanding guys and as said, please post further things in the this thread here!

Thanks a lot :good:
    Changelogs

CHANGELOG for 3.2.1-0:
    * minui fixes (cryptomilk)
    * Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
    * Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
    * Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
    * Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

CHANGELOG for 3.2.1-1:
    * Added omc partition to the mount table
    * Since we are using treble here I enabled that you can flash img files to the system/vendor partitions
    * Fixed USB OTG issues
    Great, you are the man :good:

What about mounting new partitions like /vendor and /odm ?? Does "Mount" menu contain new, related items ??
    I included vendor partition yes :)

odm I didn't took a look yet

Sent from my SM-N950FD powered by IronMan