• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.2.3-0][shark]Unofficial TWRP recovery for BlackShark (Testing)

Search This thread

bluke

May 19, 2008
Code:

Mine is global, G66X1909040OS00MPP

Do you have root in Android P 9 ?
I do following step :
1. Flash to global to 8.1 (using fastboot)
2. Update to Android 9 (OTA).
3. Go to bootloader and switch to slot b
4. Fastboot boot twrp.img
5. In twrp go to advanced => adb sideload.
6. Adb sideload magisk19.3.zip
7. Reboot to bootloader and switch back to slot a.
8. Reboot.

But after install magisk manager it's still say that no magisk install. Did I doing wrong ?

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
Do you have root in Android P 9 ?
I do following step :
1. Flash to global to 8.1 (using fastboot)
2. Update to Android 9 (OTA).
3. Go to bootloader and switch to slot b
4. Fastboot boot twrp.img
5. In twrp go to advanced => adb sideload.
6. Adb sideload magisk19.3.zip
7. Reboot to bootloader and switch back to slot a.
8. Reboot.

But after install magisk manager it's still say that no magisk install. Did I doing wrong ?

Don't flash magisk. Use magisk manager, and patch directly the android 9 boot image. Then flash it from twrp.

goonoth

Oct 28, 2011
somewhere in Indonesia
Thanks for the file :D
This what I did
1. fastboot boot your_file.img
2. phone booted, magisk installed but wifi won't work, maybe because of different build number .
3. Magisk manager not show install/update option, my plan is install directly from it but I can't.
4. I backup my boot.img with partition backup and restore from playstore.
5. Reboot my phone and of course magisk gone.
6. Open magisk manager and select install> select and patch file.
7. After boot patched I still scary to flash it, so I did again "fastboot boot file.img"
8. Again Open magisk manager and select install> direct install
9. Done

Big thanks to you brother!!

Below is the shorter way to root:
0. IT WILL USE SIMCARD INTERNET DATA AS WIFI WILL NOT WORK TEMPORARY
1. Install Magisk Manager
2. boot to bootloader and do
Code:
fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
, it will reboot
3. Open Magisk, and Direct Install
4. Reboot and Your Blackshark is rooted

Last edited:

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
Below is the shorter way to root:
0. IT WILL USE SIMCARD INTERNET DATA AS WIFI WILL NOT WORK TEMPORARY
1. Install Magisk Manager
2. boot to bootloader and do
Code:
fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
, it will reboot
3. Open Magisk, and Direct Install
4. Reboot and Your Blackshark is rooted

This can work on china rom? But without twrp we cant flash gapps right?
@gilbert32 actually all i care about is having gapps flashed i dont really use root, because the non twrp way to install gapps doesnt work well on china rom, some apps crash and calendar doesnt work etc. With twrp on android 8 i flashed the gapps from twrp and it worked perfect.

So booting to twrp if i have android 9 on china rom and flashing gapps works? Is twrp still upside down for china rom?

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
I HAVE THE SAME BUILD NUMBER, WHEN I TRY TO WRITE TWRP FASBOOT FLASH RECOVERY "__TWRP.IMG"
IT GIVES ME ERROR CANNOT WRITE TO SOEMTHING LIKE THAT, can u please guide me, problem with my adb tools? Sometimes it's cmd stuck when I got enter fastbooth flash rec..... Cmd.

Awaiting reply

thanks mil!

Read previous posts in the blackshark threads. The device has NO RECOVERY PARTITION. you cannot flash anything to recovery partition because it does NOT EXIST. you can flash to boot, but then you can't boot anymore, and your device is bricked.

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
This can work on china rom? But without twrp we cant flash gapps right?
@gilbert32 actually all i care about is having gapps flashed i dont really use root, because the non twrp way to install gapps doesnt work well on china rom, some apps crash and calendar doesnt work etc. With twrp on android 8 i flashed the gapps from twrp and it worked perfect.

So booting to twrp if i have android 9 on china rom and flashing gapps works? Is twrp still upside down for china rom?

Not really sure, it depends on the boot image. If you want more hrlp, pm me, we can talk on whatsapp maybe. I need china rom stock backup and you need to flash gapps. We can help each other:)

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

So rooting not possible?

Not yet for android pie. You know what, i will upload a boot imagr you can flash that is rooted.

Edit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4E-XlizjZMjQUtFjpmZooi6jYUZ0-U1/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019
Not really sure, it depends on the boot image. If you want more hrlp, pm me, we can talk on whatsapp maybe. I need china rom stock backup and you need to flash gapps. We can help each other:)

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Not yet for android pie. You know what, i will upload a boot imagr you can flash that is rooted.

How? With platform tools?

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

How to boot this image? By platform tools or adb tools?

Oct 18, 2019
You said you are on the same build as i am. Flash it. Fastboot flash boot myimage. Then reboot. Then install magisk manager

When I type this command "fastboot flash recovery --.img nothing happening in cmd it's juz blinking when I remove cable it shows failed to write, mobile is still in bootloader page! Not going through, if u have WhatsApp I could share you pic or video! I badly need to root it! Kindly help! Thanks in advance

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
When I type this command "fastboot flash recovery --.img nothing happening in cmd it's juz blinking when I remove cable it shows failed to write, mobile is still in bootloader page! Not going through, if u have WhatsApp I could share you pic or video! I badly need to root it! Kindly help! Thanks in advance

I said flash boot not recovery. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

geed301

Jan 12, 2017

if you are in Pie this is the command you need:

fastboot getvar current-slot --- this is to see the active slot

fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img if you are in slot "a" or

fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img if you are in slot "b"

Reactions: [email protected]
Oct 18, 2019
command prompt stuck

I will try sir! Thank you

if you are in Pie this is the command you need:

fastboot getvar current-slot --- this is to see the active slot

fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img if you are in slot "a" or

fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img if you are in slot "b"

please check the error https://ibb.co/mDgtDgx
https://ibb.co/JzJw6JW

when i used that command its just in same page like 15 mins i have waited, when i remove plug i got some error as you can see in the picture,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts