[RECOVERY][3.3.1-0] TeamWin Recovery Project for Xiaomi Redmi 7A [pine][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Johnny 12345

Jan 3, 2019
Did Xiaomi make you wait two weeks or longer before they allowed you to unlock the device's bootloader?

Xiaomi makes us wait for sometime (varies from user to user) before unlocking the bootloader of the device. In my case, I needed to wait for 15 days.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

I have redmi 7(pine) and when I flash twrp 3.1.1.0, it successfully writes the recovery. (I also need to flash patched boot.img and vbmeta.img, but I don't know why. Please explain why do I need to do this)

Here is my problem: In Twrp menu, I go the wipe> advanced wipe> and select 'dalvik','cache', 'system','data','internal' and swipe to confirm flash. I don't select 'vendor' and 'microsd'. After it cleans above mentioned partition, I go to Twrp menu> reboot> recovery (I get a warning that no OS is installed. Do you want to continue?). Then I swipe to reboot to recovery.

But, I can't get to recovery. I get stuck in fastboot mode(with bunny image). I have tried holding power and volume up button, but it doesn't open up Twrp. It gets stuch in fastboot mode.

What am I doing wrong? What should I flash before wiping the partition?
I am trying to install a gsi image(aosp10 v222).
Please advise.

MOFI69

Mar 2, 2021
A small town near Berlin
You must patch your boot.img with the OSS.patcher from yaalex3 ( https://github.com/YaAlex3/patcher-oss ) under Linux , its a Python script.

This patched boot.image must be flash with a TWRP to boot partition and then a actual Magisk.zip flash to root. Updates from Magisk ONLY with TWRP and the Magisk.zip flash.
No longer necessary since Magisk V22.0 to V22.1, update is now also possible via the manager, error has been fixed.

kind regards Michael

Here is my 12.01 Global EU Rom

Attachments

• boot1201-Global_EU.img
    14.8 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

MOFI69

Mar 2, 2021
A small town near Berlin
I once built a 12.01_Global_ MIX boot.img, I can't test it, but it should work.
There is no Magisk pre-installed, so you can swap / update as you like!

Attachments

• Patched_miui_PINEGlobal_V12.0.1.0.QCMMIXM_0af775655d_10.0_boot.img
    14.8 MB · Views: 22

regularfanb0y

Oct 2, 2017
Roxas
I once built a 12.01_Global_ MIX boot.img, I can't test it, but it should work.
There is no Magisk pre-installed, so you can swap / update as you like!
This boot.img is from PINE V12.0.1.0.QCMMIXM right?

If yes, can i get the rooting process from you? I would like to root my 7A, just plain miui12 with root.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone