• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.3.1-3][NX629J]Unofficial TWRP for Nubia Red Magic 3/3S (Stable)

Search This thread

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Features:
- Decryption Works
- Backup works
- Wipes Work
- Vibration have some problems

Tips:
Seems that the TWRP can work only on the chinese bootloader, so you have to flash the chinese rom before flash the TWRP

Download:
TWRP 3.3.1-3 Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-0 Unofficial by mauronofrio

Source code:
https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_nubia_NX629J
Precompiled Stock Kernel in Use

Donations:

Credits:

Created 2019-08-28

You think you could make a build for RM3S???

EDIT......This works for RM3S too! AND>>>>It works on North american rom Thanks @mauronofrio

Last edited:

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Great. Any idea how will revert to stock recovery in future for updates

Just fastboot flash the stock recovery.img. Be very careful messing with the 3s. We don't have a proper way of flashing back. I have a soft brick, because we don't have the Nubia unbrick tool. The tool for the regular rm3 sizes the system and vendor partitions smaller than the 3s partitions, which makes the 3s unbootable. I currently have a $500 paperweight

Last edited:

apollo3x

Dec 6, 2014
New Delhi
Just fastboot flash the stock recovery.img. Be very careful messing with the 3s. We don't have a proper way of flashing back. I have a soft brick, because we don't have the Nubia unbrick tool. The tool for the regular rm3 sizes the system and vendor partitions smaller than the 3s partitions, which makes the 3s unbootable. I currently have a $500 paperweight
Meh. Okay. I'll think about the risk and then take it. Thanks anyway

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
, it has a sd processor. Qfil can work? Just curious because for my lenovo z2 plus, only qualcom tool worked and mi flash tool. I didn't had any unbrick tool from lenovo

The tool for the rm3 actually works. Issue is, I'm stuck on older rm3 sw. And the partiton for system and vendor are smaller on the rm3 for some reason, so my twrp backup fails to restore due to partitions being too small. If I could just resize system, and vendor partitions, I would be golden.

Last edited:

apollo3x

Dec 6, 2014
New Delhi
The tool for the rm3 actually works. Issue is, I'm stuck on older rm3 sw. And the partiton for system and vendor are smaller on the rm3 for some reason, so my twrp backup fails to restore due to partitions being too small. If I could just resize system, and vendor partitions, I would be golden.

hi, i recently was able to root my device and then relock the bootloader.
now i wish to go a step further and flash a gsi.
so if someone with a rm3s, can confirm if na global rom with twrp allows gsi flashing?

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
hi, i recently was able to root my device and then relock the bootloader.
now i wish to go a step further and flash a gsi.
so if someone with a rm3s, can confirm if na global rom with twrp allows gsi flashing?

I wouldn't flash ANYTHING. We have no way to recover from a bad flash. We dont have an unbrick tool like the rm3 has.

apollo3x

Dec 6, 2014
New Delhi
WHY? Its overpriced, no volte, no wifi calling, and horrible asus ui. The camera blows too. There no dev work either. So your stuck with asus ui.
Actually, asus released global version in India so that ui is taken care of. Besides, no wifi calling here. Camera is not my concern. And the main thing, pricing is similar for the entry model of both device
And, I was so frustrated with the customer service of nubia. So that's why asus.

Reactions: Sangyedorje

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    /*
     */

Features:
    - Decryption Works
    - Backup works
    - Wipes Work

Tips:
    Seems that the TWRP can work only on the chinese bootloader, so you have to flash the chinese rom before flash the TWRP

Download:

Source code:

Donations:

Credits:

Created 2019-08-28
    Thanks for making twrp real to global version

As i wrote in the Tips section, this TWRP can work only with chinese bootloader, so you have to flash the chinese rom before flash this TWRP

TWRP 3.3.1-3 NX629J by mauronofrio:
    - Removed the black bar on the top of the screen (I missed to remove that from the base source i used)
    - Fixed Adb and Mtp, now they both works
    - Fixed error about mounting /cust

I'm looking for a new Tester for this TWRP, maybe i found a solution to use the TWRP on Global Firmware too.

Code:
    /*
     */

Features:
    - Decryption Works
    - Backup works
    - Wipes Work

Tips:

Download:

Source code:

Donations:

Credits:

Created 2019-08-28

You think you could make a build for RM3S???

EDIT......This works for RM3S too! AND>>>>It works on North american rom Thanks @mauronofrio
    MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

I've clean this thread from posts that link to recovery releases other than the one authorised by the owner of this thread i.e. in this case @mauronofrio.
    Those members affected by my action certainly realise. If you want to share a recovery do it outside of another developer's thread. And if you create your own thread, please be aware that the code for the recovery MUST be accompanied by its sources. Anything else violates GPLv3, and XDA enforces GPL! Any attempts to violate this rule might lead to consequences of the respective account.

TL;DR: Not required! Above is short and clear enough!

Thanks for listening and your cooperation!
    Stay safe and stay healthy!
    Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    "Your friendly neighbourhood watch"