[RECOVERY][3.4.0-0][RMX1931]Official/Unofficial TWRP for Realme X2 Pro (Stable)

Search This thread

ManuBBXX

May 18, 2013
Aix en provence
I need to root mainly for one magic app : sa2ration.

Would love to change screen saturation, as I like a bit more saturated colors than stock settings..

Jerry08

Oct 17, 2013
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
Thanks @nathan30 for testing!
I downloaded the package from that chinese website which was linked by @ospeto
I translated the folders inside the zip with google to english, since many people have issues with chinese characters in their file structure but in case anyone needs the original files, I kept the chinese zip as well.

Download English zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qdkqs577zskml9k/realme_X2_pro_Eng.zip/file

Download Chinese zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yrlhze0l5ahzd7n/realme_X2_pro_Ch.zip/file

If anyone can test this, please report back.
Thank you guys!

EDIT: There is a google translated bootloader unlocking guide in the zip.
I can confirm this recovery works on European x2 Pro. Used EN version. Thanks!

Other problem is that I can't root it cause device bootloops.

Last edited:

Stanz3k

Nov 30, 2013
Is anyone with a Chinese ROM able to test this below to update to European ROM, was posted on GSMArena but I'm not sure if it works:

EUROPE ROM
RMX1993EX_11.A.14

https://download.c.realme.com/osupdate/RMX1993EX*_11_OTA_0140_all_J6GIw7RXTvu6.ozip

How to upgrade
Update the software version on your realme phone

Notice:
Please back up your data before updating: Settings>Additional Settings>Back Up and Reset>Backup & Restore, select the Data to Be Backed up.
Please keep the battery level over 30%.
Please do not turn off your phone during the update process.
How to update?

(((Simple mode)))

Transfer the firmware you downloaded to the phone storage, go to the File Manager and find the firmware,then click the firmware,Update Now,and wait for the update to succeed.

(((Recovery Mode)))

Transfer the firmware you downloaded to the phone storage(in the main folder in file manager) or SD Card, then power off the phone. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons, until your phone enters Recovery Mode.
Choose the language you want
Install from storage device,and find the firmware From phone storage or From SD card
Click on the firmware and confirm to update
Please do not perform other operations until your phone is updated successfully

I would do it myself but I do not have my X2 Pro yet, still on its way.

This looks like the X2 rom, not the X2 Pro so I would not recommend this. As far as I can tell the EU rom isn't available for download yet.

Reactions: whyamihere

mrprobz

Nov 12, 2019
ok just received the phone.. How do i get rid of this ugly os? And what are you people running? Can we put a stock android 10 on this? any support yet of something else like oxygen os?

Zooytron

Oct 4, 2014
Duisburg
Unlock bootloader

Finally i unlocked the Bootloader on my RMX1931 ( European Rom )
I try now to boot Mauros Recovery, somebody did it already ?
And installed the Recovery after trying to boot ?
And tryed to install Magisk , and if which Magisk ?

Thank You !

KaylordTheuZ

Jul 29, 2011
So far then:
- unlock of the bootloader is possible through the translated package app;
- custom recovery (twrp) is available;
- no custom roms are available yet;
- noone succeeded in rooting the phone yet.
I think the major point is the bootloader unlock, because if you procrastinate and then you need it... You have to wipe the phone and restore a backup (which cannot be a full backup as you don't have rooted the device).
One question though: if I unlock the bootloader, any ota update that will come will be installed properly or we might have probs?

Jerry08

Oct 17, 2013
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
Finally i unlocked the Bootloader on my RMX1931 ( European Rom )
I try now to boot Mauros Recovery, somebody did it already ?
And installed the Recovery after trying to boot ?
And tryed to install Magisk , and if which Magisk ?

Thank You !
Canary version of magisk booted for me on European version but now it's working only in core mode so no modules.

Last edited:

ospeto

Feb 28, 2017
For anyone who want play store on their Chinese ROM, can just install it directly from apkpure.com. The framework and service are already there. So YouTube and Chrome also works out of the box.

For launcher and Chinese apps(also that annoying Chinese assistant) can be removed with ADB command. U can find how to on google. Make sure u get installed another launcher before uninstalling the default one. As for error , u can't swipe up to home with other launchers. Navigation keys work fine though.

I am happy with these tweaks now and will patiently wait for stable custom ROMs.

Last edited:

ospeto

Feb 28, 2017
This is my screenshot with nova launcher, just to prove it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-14-02-50-15-69.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-14-02-50-15-69.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 530

mrprobz

Nov 12, 2019
hey Any details on how to get this nova launcher?
Btw anybody used darkmode on the default os? it makes whatsapp unreadable.. Super bright text..

KaylordTheuZ

Jul 29, 2011
Guys, please stay on the track on the topic. There's an empty subforum for skins, themes, launchers & eye candies for the x2 pro. Thanks ?

henrym1203

Nov 8, 2019
hey Any details on how to get this nova launcher?
Btw anybody used darkmode on the default os? it makes whatsapp unreadable.. Super bright text..

You can disable the dark mode by app clicking on ''dark mode for third party apps. it's what I've done for the native app which already have dark mode

razz1618

Aug 8, 2013
does anyone know to decrypt/extract realme/oppo .ozip firmware files? while trying to root i damaged the stock boot image. now the phone is just bootlooing. i have the Firmware file but without stock recovery cannot flash it

Jerry08

Oct 17, 2013
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
TWRP 3.3.1-1 RMX1931 by mauronofrio:
- Fixed touch problems.

TWRP 3.3.1-1 Unofficial by mauronofrio

@Zooytron reported me that touch is not working in twrp, this should fix it.

This recovery works fine, thanks.

does anyone know to decrypt/extract realme/oppo .ozip firmware files? while trying to root i damaged the stock boot image. now the phone is just bootlooing. i have the Firmware file but without stock recovery cannot flash it

Did you make backup of you boot partition with twrp? You can restore backup of boot in twrp and device will boot again. I have done this many times already.

razz1618

Aug 8, 2013
This recovery works fine, thanks.

Did you make backup of you boot partition with twrp? You can restore backup of boot in twrp and device will boot again. I have done this many times already.
NO. i could not make a backup as the old TWRP was not working...i directly flaahed magisk and entered into bootloop..

Can you backup your stock recovery and upload it for me...i coul not find it anywhere and cannot decrypt the ozip file

I managed to flash boot.img..thanks to acervenky for providing the fastboot rom

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts