• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][cepheus]Official/Unofficial TWRP for Xiaomi Mi 9 (Stable)

Search This thread

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
I've just unlocked my bootloader

Is this how it's done ?

1. Flash twrp image in fastboot
2. Boot into twrp thru fastboot
3. Flash vbmeta patcher zip thru twrp -is this necessary?

Will my data be not affected during flashing twrp?

I'm just installing twrp, no root yet. I'm still looking for custom ROM that fits me.

I'm running stock global muiu 12.0.2.0 QFAMIXM

nonoperez

Nov 22, 2012
I've just unlocked my bootloader

Is this how it's done ?

1. Flash twrp image in fastboot
2. Boot into twrp thru fastboot
3. Flash vbmeta patcher zip thru twrp -is this necessary?

Will my data be not affected during flashing twrp?

I'm just installing twrp, no root yet. I'm still looking for custom ROM that fits me.

I'm running stock global muiu 12.0.2.0 QFAMIXM

1 and 2 yes
3 not sure, I didn't have to do it for xiaomi eu nor aospa.
4 yes, you'll lose all your data, back up all you want to save. When you change your ROM you have to wipe data, and if it's encrypted format it through TWRP.

I recommend you to find in YouTube all the process for your phone and new ROM.

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
1 and 2 yes
3 not sure, I didn't have to do it for xiaomi eu nor aospa.
4 yes, you'll lose all your data, back up all you want to save. When you change your ROM you have to wipe data, and if it's encrypted format it through TWRP.

I recommend you to find in YouTube all the process for your phone and new ROM.

I'm not yet trying to install custom ROM or change ROM, and I'm not yet rooting my phone..

All I want is recovery for the mean time... So will I lost my data if I will flash recovery only?

nonoperez

Nov 22, 2012
I'm not yet trying to install custom ROM or change ROM, and I'm not yet rooting my phone..

All I want is recovery for the mean time... So will I lost my data if I will flash recovery only?

In my experience, never lose data when flashing recovery, official TWRP.

Let me give you some advice. Unlocking the bootloader is less secure than a locked one, some apps detect it and doesn't work on your phone, like some banking and for example fortnite (at least when was released, I tried and couldn't use it due to unlocked bootloader). If you are not going to change the ROM I think it is not worth. And the last and more important one: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER relock your bootloader with a different ROM of the original one the phone came with, or you'll probable brick your phone.

Nevertheless if you decide to came into the awesome world of ROMs, kernels, Root, etc... you will enjoy your phone and have a better experience with it.

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
In my experience, never lose data when flashing recovery, official TWRP.

Let me give you some advice. Unlocking the bootloader is less secure than a locked one, some apps detect it and doesn't work on your phone, like some banking and for example fortnite (at least when was released, I tried and couldn't use it due to unlocked bootloader). If you are not going to change the ROM I think it is not worth. And the last and more important one: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER relock your bootloader with a different ROM of the original one the phone came with, or you'll probable brick your phone.

Nevertheless if you decide to came into the awesome world of ROMs, kernels, Root, etc... you will enjoy your phone and have a better experience with it.

I'm on the latest stock gloabal, so the lastest twrp will work right?

I've seen you in PA quartz, so how the ROM experience?
I'm planning also to install PA once stable quartz 5 will be release. Is it ok to send pm to you for help in case I face some problems in installing the ROM.?

nonoperez

Nov 22, 2012
I'm on the latest stock gloabal, so the lastest twrp will work right?

I've seen you in PA quartz, so how the ROM experience?
I'm planning also to install PA once stable quartz 5 will be release. Is it ok to send pm to you for help in case I face some problems in installing the ROM.?

Latest TWRP works great.

PA is simple, smooth and fast. Battery is good. A good pure AOSP ROM. Not game turbo, and other miui things I'm not really missing ATM. You will need a camera, I'm using this: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-urnyx05/

If you want a modified MIUI I've been using Xiaomi EU for months, great community, a optimised MIUI with no ads and chinese stuff. The only thing is that MIUI 12 feels like a work in progress, not as fast and battery friendly as 11.

That's my opinion, the good thing is that you can try them all for free! that's the best thing in unlocking your device.

You can pm if you need help.

Rizali

Jan 29, 2016
Please somebody help me..
I just did the following:
1. I boot to twrp 3.3.1-46 and wipe everything except internal storage.
2. Still in twrp 3.3.1-46, I flashed twrp 3.3.1-62.img.
3. Reboot recovery and booting to twrp 3.3.1-62.
4. In twrp 3.3.1-62 my internal storage is encrypted.
How can i decrypted my internal storage?
Since there is no "prompt password or patern" to decrypt data.

ai5g

May 1, 2017
For installing twrp, I am trying:
fastboot flash twrp-3.4.0-0-cepheus-mauronofrio.img
and I am getting the error message:
fastboot: error: cannot determine image filename for 'twrp-3.4.0-0-cepheus-mauronofrio.img'

Any advice? Thank you´in advance!

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
For installing twrp, I am trying:
fastboot flash twrp-3.4.0-0-cepheus-mauronofrio.img
and I am getting the error message:
fastboot: error: cannot determine image filename for 'twrp-3.4.0-0-cepheus-mauronofrio.img'

Any advice? Thank you´in advance!
I think it should be

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-0-cepheus-mauronofrio.img

BarrettBear

Jun 16, 2009
Yeah, the commands that I use are:

"
To see if phone is connected, you can use: adb devices

fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox.img

-or-

fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
"

vitorlomba

May 31, 2019
FASTBOOT does not respond to commands

Hi
Whenever a new rom version comes out, I update and then install TWRP via FASTBOOT.
This time I updated to version 12.0.3 and when the adb command to restart the device it restarts.
As soon as the device enters FASTBOOT mode, it stops responding to commands and the ADB cannot find the device!
Someone can help me? I need to root by TWRP.
Thanks

ChingghisKhan

Nov 21, 2015
Frankfurt am Main
Try Mauronofrio's Tool-All-In-One

Try Mauronofrio's Tool-All-In-One:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...ol-tool-one-driversunlocktwrpfactory-t4103509

I use it and no problems anymore

informenter-marker-1.png

Top Liked Posts