A small "up" about the previous message.
My USB-C Port was burnt and the whole daughter card is new.
I found myself with an unlocked, registered Mi 9, a standard recovery and a 10.EEA MIUI 12.0 ROM.
I had previously made and got a full backup of a 126.96.36.199 recovery with a Xiaomi.eu 12.5 / 21.3.3, which I'm currently restoring, that might have been patched somewhere using the weekly bootfix.zip
I'm having real trouble with MIUI 12.6 and ROM 21.4.7 sticking aside the recovery.
ANOTHER WARNING : Phone self-wiped, self-locked to bootloader (no key combination possible), removed all recoveries this afternoon after the Google Messages App failed.
A device warning after a new Fastboot saveup shows that Xiaomi was the one that did remotely wipe my phone. I'm in a really, really bad mood about that, Xiaomi. Be careful about system apps from now on.
TLDR : Step-by-Step Solution on a wiped phone restaured to factory settings.
I'm also having troubleshooting the problem with two recoveries:
- twrp-3.4.0_10-cepheus-mauronofrio (useless, old?)
AND troubleshooting a possible VBMETA problem with two files:
- TWRP_Stable_to_Weekly_BootFix_v1.0 (useless, old)
- OF_avb_patcher_mauronofrio.zip (new in OP)
Your Problems look like this?
- Boot into 3.5.2 Recovery NOT using the fastboot boot twrp.img method (as usual)
- Flash ROM 21.4.7
- Flash OF_avb_patcher
- Reflash 3.5.2_9 into recovery slot
!! /data/media doesn't erase when I try a full wipe, that's my only clue as of now.
Should I use the Fastboot boot twrp3.5.2.img method (or the fastboot twrp3.4.0_10)
- Then flash....
Sorry for needing some help here, I'm usually up to date on those changes but those last two got me LOST.
- Using XiaomiToolV2 in "brick mode" gets me back to step 1. I believe it's under my eyes with the vbmeta, just fatigue !
EDIT 2 : Solution on an unlocked "empty/new" machine
1.Fasboot boot twrp352
2.(Recovery) Flash vbmeta
3.(Recovery) Return Bootloader
4. Fastboot flash Recovery twrp 352
5. Reboot Recovery
6. (Recovery) Flash 12.6 4.8 Rom + vbmetapatcher (ok)
7. Return Bootloader
8. Fastboot flash Recovery twrp 352
9. (Recovery) Flash vbmeta (((or adb sideload vbmeta_patcher_2.zip)
10. Reboot system
- Magisk under test
- (Recovery) Flashed Magisk22.zip
- (Recovery) Flashed TWRP352
- (Recovery) Flashed vbmeta
- (Recovery) Reboot System
Decryption works !
Something is wrong again, decryption doesn't work.
- Wiped whole phone COMPLETELY
- Used the TWRP 3.5.2 + vbmeta extensively
- Installed MIUI 12.6 210407 (unavailable as of now)
- Disconnected from MIUI Cloud!
- Installed Magisk 22.1
- That awfuuuuul boot audio is in /system/media/bootaudio.mp3 >>> DELEEEEETE