[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][cepheus]Official/Unofficial TWRP for Xiaomi Mi 9 (Stable)

Search This thread

beastbrain

Jul 4, 2018
Problem was i tried to flash it immediately after flashing rom, after booting in PE and rebooting into twrp it worked..

seemebreakthis

Jun 6, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
Sorry if this is a noob question, can't seem to find answers anywhere.

I've read elsewhere once you are in TWRP, ADB should be available by default. But for me, when I connect my Mi9 to the computer while running this TWRP (latest version), "adb devices" show nothing. And that means of course adb doesn't work at all.

Something interesting I've noticed is that when you initially boot into recovery and TWRP prompts you for the password pattern for decryption, this is the only moment that adb works. But if I enter "adb shell" at this point, then let's say I do a "ls" to list the directory, everything is encrypted and garbage file names are shown.

Once I enter the password, the adb connection will then be severed immediately, and I am back to 'no device found' state (i.e. 'adb devices' shows nothing).

Any help appreciated !

RebornCheiko

Oct 18, 2016
Cebu City
The MIUI stock recovery keeps overriding with TWRP. I have flashed it many times already, still doesn't work. I also tried booting to recovery and NOT by entering the fastboot reboot command. Anyone can please help?

seemebreakthis

Jun 6, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
Sorry if this is a noob question, can't seem to find answers anywhere.

I've read elsewhere once you are in TWRP, ADB should be available by default. But for me, when I connect my Mi9 to the computer while running this TWRP (latest version), "adb devices" show nothing. And that means of course adb doesn't work at all.

Something interesting I've noticed is that when you initially boot into recovery and TWRP prompts you for the password pattern for decryption, this is the only moment that adb works. But if I enter "adb shell" at this point, then let's say I do a "ls" to list the directory, everything is encrypted and garbage file names are shown.

Once I enter the password, the adb connection will then be severed immediately, and I am back to 'no device found' state (i.e. 'adb devices' shows nothing).

Any help appreciated !

Answering my own question - under 'mount', do 'disable MTP'

Ladap

Jan 30, 2009
The MIUI stock recovery keeps overriding with TWRP. I have flashed it many times already, still doesn't work. I also tried booting to recovery and NOT by entering the fastboot reboot command. Anyone can please help?

I solved it this way:
1. fastboot reboot recovery.img
2. copy recovery.img to phone
3. install image recovery.img to recovery in twrp

now it's working..

smohanv

Nov 5, 2006
Higham, Rochester, Kent
I can confirm that I could enter in to TWRP with my lockscreen PIN. It decrypts. Previously I had to remove fingerprint lock and lockscreen PIN if I want to get in to TWRP to flash any zip files.

CleverFogs

Apr 5, 2017
Hi can someone help me, i run the command fastboot boot twrp.img and nothing happens my phone just turns off

edit: nevermind i managed to fix it

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts