[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][Cheeseburger/Dumpling]Official/Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 5/5T

Search This thread

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ch...rkx-signed-forcedecrypt-dumpling.img/download
By decrypt I meant the former one, give pin password in the CX recovery. Try that once.

Just tried the CW recovery you linked. Same result. Except this time....the TWRP pin/pass prompt screen does NOT provide a "cancel" button. And rebooting the phone always forced back to the recovery pin/pass prompt screen. I actually force boot into fastboot to flash a different recovery from my PC in order to boot back up. Upon bootup, the phone of course asks for my pin/pass, I type it in, Android boots up just fine. So yet again, TWRP doesn't accept the pin/password I set EVEN though Android itself accepts it to bootup the phone. So weird.

What do you guys think? Do I just need to reformat/wipe this phone to get TWRP to work right? Was trying to avoid...but I guess it isn't that bad

Last edited:

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
Just tried the CW recovery you linked. Same result. Except this time....the TWRP pin/pass prompt screen does NOT provide a "cancel" button. And rebooting the phone always forced back to the recovery pin/pass prompt screen. I actually force boot into fastboot to flash a different recovery from my PC in order to boot back up. Upon bootup, the phone of course asks for my pin/pass, I type it in, Android boots up just fine. So yet again, TWRP doesn't accept the pin/password I set EVEN though Android itself accepts it to bootup the phone. So weird.

What do you guys think? Do I just need to reformat/wipe this phone to get TWRP to work right? Was trying to avoid...but I guess it isn't that bad
This definitely is not an issue with recovery but think something is broken. Logcat would be helpful, but again, it would probably lead to a blank.
Do a full clean flash of OOS via MSM files. You can get the MSM Tool thread for 9.0.11 here in the OP5 forum.

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
This definitely is not an issue with recovery but think something is broken. Logcat would be helpful, but again, it would probably lead to a blank.
Do a full clean flash of OOS via MSM files. You can get the MSM Tool thread for 9.0.11 here in the OP5 forum.

Oh...so you don't think simply reformatting doing a complete reformat/wipe of entire storage would solve this? Never messed with unbrick tools for OP5. Does it matter than I'm already on Android 10 (not 9)? Frankly, I might just live with this. Anytime I need to do TWRP work, I'll just remove my pin beforehand.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
Oh...so you don't think simply reformatting doing a complete reformat/wipe of entire storage would solve this? Never messed with unbrick tools for OP5. Does it matter than I'm already on Android 10 (not 9)? Frankly, I might just live with this. Anytime I need to do TWRP work, I'll just remove my pin beforehand.

An alternative but all data will be erased :
- Boot to Bootloader
- Check whether the mobile phone is in fastboot mode: (sudo) fastboot devices
- Delete the data: (sudo) fastboot erase userdata
- Boot to TWRP

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
The only alternative was formatting data. Which is gonna be same like full clean flash, only with userdata format it wont be full clean.
However you have a valid way as well. A bit tiring at times, but good.

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
An alternative but all data will be erased :
- Boot to Bootloader
- Check whether the mobile phone is in fastboot mode: (sudo) fastboot devices
- Delete the data: (sudo) fastboot erase userdata
- Boot to TWRP

The only alternative was formatting data. Which is gonna be same like full clean flash, only with userdata format it wont be full clean.
However you have a valid way as well. A bit tiring at times, but good.

Thanks guys. I might do this. Cheers

19blacktiger77

Sep 13, 2010
Settimo Torinese
on my this giving error 7 when I install some custom rom how do I solve it?

Same problem on my OP5 with official update... :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Same problem on my OP5 with official update... :confused:

I found the solution:

I just had to delete the file compatibility.zip inside the OTA, with Total Commander. :fingers-crossed::good:

specialex

Jun 3, 2010
Behind you
what's the difference between Official TWRP 3.5.0_9.0 and TWRP 3.4.0-10 by mauronofrio
why mauronofrio not using the latest one 3.5.0_9.0 ?

Top Liked Posts