[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][dipper] Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
It's 3.3.1-2-official from twrp.me the same than 3.3.1-2-unnoficial from the OP?
I'm on 3.3.1-2-unofficial from OP. I need to upgrade to official before upgrade from LOS16 to LOS17.1 or not?
Thanks

Both versions are exactly the same. If you read through this thread, you'll find that I asked him to publish his latest inofficial version as an official version on the TWRP site because it will prevent all users from the encryption bug. ?

Reactions: bartito

samuellsilva__

May 14, 2020
Would anyone have a file that corrects the microphone bug on whatsapp? it gets too lo

Would anyone have a file that corrects the microphone bug on whatsapp? it gets too low ...

cheetahlm

Oct 17, 2008
I use Xiaomi Mi 8 and MIUI Eu 20.5.14.
With TWRP 3.3.1.2 official and 3.3.1.2 mauronofrio, I cannot backup on TWRP. There is an 255 error.
With 3.3.1.0 or 3.3.1.1, there is no problem.
Any suggestions?

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Reactions: achickennugget

aescrazy

Jul 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to backup my mi8 using twrp to my PC. I was wondering where the backup goes to in the computer (I'm backing to PC because mi8 doesn't have enough storage). Thank you <^_^>

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to backup my mi8 using twrp to my PC. I was wondering where the backup goes to in the computer (I'm backing to PC because mi8 doesn't have enough storage). Thank you <^_^>

It goes to a sub-folder in the main folder named twrp in internal storage:

internal storage/twrp/backups

soaresden

Apr 27, 2011
Hi, so strange that I only can use 2 recoveries that are able to boot on my dipper (running latest miui 12 - 20.7.9) :

- TWRP-3.2.3-1110-XIAOMI8-EN-wzsx150
- OrangeFox-R10-2-001-RC-dipper

Only these can boot on recovery.

I tried flashing via recoveries and fastboot flash this new 3.4 release and it won't display splashscreen, it jump to rom directly.
I also try a fastbootrom flashing this morning, to erase and have a clean system but the result is still the same

Any help or explanations ?
Thanks !

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Hi, so strange that I only can use 2 recoveries that are able to boot on my dipper (running latest miui 12 - 20.7.9) :

- TWRP-3.2.3-1110-XIAOMI8-EN-wzsx150
- OrangeFox-R10-2-001-RC-dipper

Only these can boot on recovery.

I tried flashing via recoveries and fastboot flash this new 3.4 release and it won't display splashscreen, it jump to rom directly.
I also try a fastbootrom flashing this morning, to erase and have a clean system but the result is still the same

Any help or explanations ?
Thanks !

So the two recoveries that boot for you are both in zip formats, right?
So how do you go about flashing these from scratch?

Schwinni

Feb 3, 2011
Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Xiaomi Mi 8

Sorry if it has been asked before, but could you please explain what's the difference between official and unofficial?
When you release e.g. "twrp-3.4.0-1-dipper-mauronofrio.img", will there be also an official "twrp-3.4.0-1-dipper.img", which perhaps has missing features or will such a build be triggered always by you, so that "twrp-3.4.0-1-dipper.img" wouldn't even exist if it wouldn't be the same as "twrp-3.4.0-1-dipper-mauronofrio.img"? (Sorry for the complicated question :mad:)

Best regards
Chris

soaresden

Apr 27, 2011
@soaresden did you replace LCD panel?

Yeah How do you know ?!

So the two recoveries that boot for you are both in zip formats, right?
So how do you go about flashing these from scratch?

Yes there are both in Zip.
I use the twrp app, select my zip to flash and then give it root to flash.

I just found this one that works and seems to be "updated"

TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-DX:
http://portal.mi-room.ru/file/twrp/dipper/3.3.2B-0301/recovery.img

Last edited:

soaresden

Apr 27, 2011
There are some problems after LCD panel replacement with some recoveries and custom roms.
How can it be possible ? I thought that it was like a PC screen you plug into a computer, just an output signal !
So there is some sort of signature hidden in it ?

Thanks you for this piece of information !

Schwinni

Feb 3, 2011
Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Xiaomi Mi 8
How can it be possible ? I thought that it was like a PC screen you plug into a computer, just an output signal !
So there is some sort of signature hidden in it ?

Thanks you for this piece of information !

In devices like mobile phones screens are normally not attached via a standard port like DVI, HDMI or Display Port. That's why normally you need a driver for it.
LOS also has/had that problem. That's why @infrag (the maintainer for the Mi 8) built some unofficial ROMs with additional kernel drivers. I don't know if
he merged the changes already though.

Top Liked Posts