[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][dipper] Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

harryohh

Sep 19, 2015
Whichever TWRP I use it's very slow doing anything. It takes about 1 min to boot to the decrypt screen and it takes very long to flash anything.

Does anybody know why this is? I read it has to do with having the storage encrypted. Can this be resolved without disabling encryption?

Reactions: muntain

najabi

Jan 14, 2018
Bilbao
how can I edit files from adb in twrp?
ok, just found it: adb push and adb pull

Edit: I tried flashing a busybox .zip for twrp but i didn't get the commands.

Edit 2: I managed to flash nano editor from osmosis page (magisk developer)

Last edited:

reyborn

Aug 27, 2020
Hi can someone help me, I got an error when doing fastboot boot recovery. It says fastboot: error: cannot load 'recovery': No such file or directory.

x38Lc9W

SvyatSvyat

Nov 29, 2020
I tried to install the latest TWRP 3.4.0.0 after update to MIUI 12, but it does not boot in twrp.

`fastboot flash recovery twrp.img`
`fastboot boot twrp.img`

So I tried to downgrade to the latest miui 11, but twrp install didn't work also.

zanone

Jun 11, 2016
Fastboot boot twrp.img doesn't work. Instead of that use fastboot reboot with pressed volume up button.

Hi,

never had problems flashing a recovery to my dipper , but somehow it just not working anymore.
i have downloaded the TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unofficial Image from this thread and flashed with
"fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
afterwards i am pressing volume up and reboot with
"fastboot reboot"

after the reboot the screen goes black for a few seconds but then just restarts :(
What could be the problem?

thnx

PS: FOUND THE SOLUTION HERE #297

Last edited:

book-devil

Dec 17, 2020
An error occurred. . Error E3003
The log is as follows 。。。

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-17-00-41-01.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-17-00-41-01.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 87

Apr 3, 2015
Sorry for the bad translation.
I have not had problems in the installation.
Everything works correctly

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

Sindalf

Sep 29, 2011
Hi,

never had problems flashing a recovery to my dipper , but somehow it just not working anymore.
i have downloaded the TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unofficial Image from this thread and flashed with
"fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
afterwards i am pressing volume up and reboot with
"fastboot reboot"

after the reboot the screen goes black for a few seconds but then just restarts :(
What could be the problem?

thnx

PS: FOUND THE SOLUTION HERE #297

Have the same issue, After screen replacement, its only the only twrp that i Can flash, and whats annoying its that even with the right password entered in twrp it fails to décrypte data. @mauronofrio Can you please look at our problem in order to update to your twrp ?

muntain

Jun 26, 2012
Whichever TWRP I use it's very slow doing anything. It takes about 1 min to boot to the decrypt screen and it takes very long to flash anything.

Does anybody know why this is? I read it has to do with having the storage encrypted. Can this be resolved without disabling encryption?
it' been a while I have the same issue. TWRP is slow entering decrypting and doing everything. I tried a lot of different TWRP version official and unofficial but I could not solve. I read the problem can be the file system used for formatting the internal memory, but I think I never change it.
I don't understand how to solve the problem

Reactions: omidzht

mattcri

Mar 2, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 8
it' been a while I have the same issue. TWRP is slow entering decrypting and doing everything. I tried a lot of different TWRP version official and unofficial but I could not solve. I read the problem can be the file system used for formatting the internal memory, but I think I never change it.
I don't understand how to solve the problem
i had the same problem, you can fully reflash the original fastboot rom with miflash to solve the issue. It is some corruption in the ufs controller related to encryption. You can test inside android with cdpt (app from the store) and if sequential read are very slow (normal sequential read should be around 500-600mb/s) than you have a problem.

Top Liked Posts