[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][ginkgo/willow]Off/Unof TWRP for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T (Stable)

Search This thread

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
So weird, I cant even start it on my phone.
I was able to fastboot flash it to the recovery partition and then boot it using fastboot boot as well as the button combo after fastboot flash

but yea, I'm just not able to decrypt the data. even attempting to format /data via that official TWRP build fails in the logs

thanks for that tip. I'll check into that orange recovery build. is it linked here on XDA or do I need to google it?

Last edited:

Cristina.D.M

Dec 31, 2020
I was able to fastboot flash it to the recovery partition and then boot it using fastboot boot as well as the button combo after fastboot flash

but yea, I'm just not able to decrypt the data. even attempting to format /data via that official TWRP build fails in the logs

thanks for that tip. I'll check into that orange recovery build. is it linked here on XDA or do I need to google it?

google "orangefox recovery"
using twrp to flash OrangeFox-ginkgo-stable.R11.0_1.zip
or unzip the file with img extention, flash it by fastboot flash

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
google "orangefox recovery"
using twrp to flash OrangeFox-ginkgo-stable.R11.0_1.zip
or unzip the file with img extention, flash it by fastboot flash
thanks again, was able to get it up and running yesterday

Just extracted the img file and flashed it via fastboot (very easy)

I wish official TWRP builds were more reliable (I've seen this type of stuff so often with Redmi/OnePlus phones and TWRP)

Reactions: zipalign

Erik1

Sep 29, 2007
HTC Desire
HTC One (m7)
I also had these issues with official TWRP not being able to format/wipe and "System has been destroyed" after reboot.

I got out of the destroyed message by extracting the contents of my ROM zip (Lineage 17.1), then with fastboot separately flashing the boot, dtbo and vbmeta, also flash the recovery again. One of these must have fixed the destroyed message. I was able to reboot to TWRP. Then disabled MTP before formatting data and wiping the other 3 partitions. No errors this time! After this i was able to flash my ROM and all is working now.

zipalign

Sep 5, 2012
~$:
Xiaomi 13
thanks again, was able to get it up and running yesterday

Just extracted the img file and flashed it via fastboot (very easy)

I wish official TWRP builds were more reliable (I've seen this type of stuff so often with Redmi/OnePlus phones and TWRP)
was struggling trying to permanently install TWRP in ginkgo.
tried latest official TWRP and twrp-3.4.0-10-ginkgo-mauronofrio.img, but to no avail.

I watched this YT tutorial you shared, it's easy AF and orangefox is marvelous.
thanks!!

Reactions: Siglo23 and Enddo

esp7

Jun 29, 2013
Nexus 7
Moto G
as I read partially this topic before installing LineageOS on a new ginkgo bought last week, latest TWRP worked flawlessly and official LineageOS is working perfectly. people running in issues with official TWRP are doing something wrong if you ask me...

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy A6
as I read partially this topic before installing LineageOS on a new ginkgo bought last week, latest TWRP worked flawlessly and official LineageOS is working perfectly. people running in issues with official TWRP are doing something wrong if you ask me...
Meanwhile I flashed 3 willows (RN8T) and two gingkos (RN8). Surprisingly one of the ginkgos made some issues even with Mauronofrio's latest TWRP, thus I flashed here the recovery from Geoanto555. I assume I did it also for the 5th phone the same way as for the 4 phones before, so I believe that there might be some differences between the one and another phone even if the same model name makes us believe they must be "clones" and 100% identical

esp7

Jun 29, 2013
Nexus 7
Moto G
Meanwhile I flashed 3 willows (RN8T) and two gingkos (RN8). Surprisingly one of the ginkgos made some issues even with Mauronofrio's latest TWRP, thus I flashed here the recovery from Geoanto555. I assume I did it also for the 5th phone the same way as for the 4 phones before, so I believe that there might be some differences between the one and another phone even if the same model name makes us believe they must be "clones" and 100% identical
I only used the official 3.5.2.9 TWRP: https://eu.dl.twrp.me/ginkgo/

what are the different versions for the ginkgo devices? would start using the default version...

piotrgatek

Oct 5, 2021
dear colleagues, I read all the pages, but still dont know what's the problem.

When I run fastboot boot twrp.img everything is OK, but phone just restart and start regular ROM.
Redmi Note 8, unlocked

I used twrp-3.5.A9-ginkgo-geoanto555 and twrp-3.5.2_10-2-ginkgo-TeamWin

Thanks!

Pr0metheoos

Aug 1, 2018

When I run fastboot boot twrp.img everything is OK, but phone just restart and start regular ROM.
Redmi Note 8, unlocked

Thanks!
I tried to install recovery (many diferent versions) on 8t and faced same problem. I dont know how to make it work.. Whats your MIUI version?

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy A6

Redmi Note 8, unlocked

Thanks!
Are you aware that after flashing TWRP (or any other recovery which replaces the stock recovery) you MUST immediately back into the recovery and NOT into the ROM? Do this e. g. by holding both vol. up and power.

Top Liked Posts