[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][ginkgo/willow]Off/Unof TWRP for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T (Stable)

Search This thread

cali.s

Nov 3, 2009
can someone help me to decrypt the phone, i flash the stock mui 12 A11, and now when Iam in recovery no pin was asked to decypt, can stil flash the updates from sd card or will be the phone briked? or how can i get the pin menu back to twrp

cali.s

Nov 3, 2009
with latest orangefox i got the pin menu back and the phone was decrypt correctly so could update.

Shaytan06

May 20, 2015
Hello, I unlocked BL, flashed the TWRP, but when I try to boot the twrp img from fastboot the phone can't boot. It just stand on the Redmi logo. How can I fix this? I can't use TWRP...

Edit. Finally somehow I boot into recovery, but can't wipe anything.

Immagine 2022-02-13 142124.png

Last edited:

Aitso67

Mar 9, 2016
ROMA
hi all, I've been trying to install the miui.eu rom for two weeks. I can only install the twrp with a tool, if I try with the dos commands, I do the whole procedure it tells me everything is ok, but when it restarts it starts with the system twrp (unmodified). I also tried to install this twrp but I didn't have the patch installed and when I tried to install the rom, it gave me a series of errors. can anyone help me to follow a right procedure? Could I have compromised something by trying to install twrp several times?
Can you list the steps so I don't make a mistake again.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Aitso67

Mar 9, 2016
ROMA
can someone help me to decrypt the phone, i flash the stock mui 12 A11, and now when Iam in recovery no pin was asked to decypt, can stil flash the updates from sd card or will be the phone briked? or how can i get the pin menu back to twrp
It also asked me for a pin, how can this be fixed?

Can someone please help? OrangeFox identifies my Willow as Ginkgo. It is for sure a Willow.

It seems, that something was mixed up by installing various rom files and formatin partitions.

I already found out, that a backuped a "special" dtbo partition, that makes the device run good, when I use it and override aosp´s common dtbo. But how can I fix it permanently?

Is it enough to change the "ro.product.device" in the build.prop from "ginkgo" to "willow"?

Last edited:

Nikname84

Apr 21, 2023
Redmi Note 8
Can someone please help? OrangeFox identifies my Willow as Ginkgo. It is for sure a Willow.

It seems, that something was mixed up by installing various rom files and formatin partitions.

I already found out, that a backuped a "special" dtbo partition, that makes the device run good, when I use it and override aosp´s common dtbo. But how can I fix it permanently?

Is it enough to change the "ro.product.device" in the build.prop from "ginkgo" to "willow"?
Which orangefox? There are at least five in the loop so unless you tell me who made it and/or where you got it from I can't help you. I have no clue what the DTBO stuff is about, are you referring to the need to flash VBMETA to get it to stick? There is a proper Orangefox {Mod edit}

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
There is a proper Orangefox {Mod edit}
Hello and good evening, @Nikname84

Welcome to XDA! We really appreciate the information and knowledge that you share with the community just after a few minutes since you registered.
However, I've slightly edited your quoted post. If you have valuable information, please share them here and don't send our users to e.g. Telegram. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Nikname84

Apr 21, 2023
Redmi Note 8
Hello and good evening, @Nikname84

Welcome to XDA! We really appreciate the information and knowledge that you share with the community just after a few minutes since you registered.
However, I've slightly edited your quoted post. If you have valuable information, please share them here and don't send our users to e.g. Telegram. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
You want me to share a Telegram link and not use Telegram? I'm not sure how that can be done?

I've been using and abusing this phone with all it's iterations through the first build of firmware to the last touch on the kernel so having the knowledge is just something I have. If you would like me to slow down on that all you have to do is ask. I can, however, not link to a telegram link without referring to a telegram post (and it is literally a telegram user stored link that cannot be accessed without using telegram).

I had no idea that referring to Telegram was a no-no here, I did actually read the full TOS before joining and I'm pretty sure it's not in there so I don't see the problem here?

I'm not trying to be an arse about anything here and I hope you have a great evening as well.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
You want me to share a Telegram link and not use Telegram? I'm not sure how that can be done?
I had no idea that referring to Telegram was a no-no here, I did actually read the full TOS before joining and I'm pretty sure it's not in there so I don't see the problem here?
Mam, Sir! Thanks for coming back to me. Regarding your question in your first above quoted thread: I do want you to refrain from ANY references to Telegram as YOu are not privileged to do so. Prior to posting in this forum you were expected to read the moderator guidances and announcements that are stuck at the top of every forum like this one:
and its 5th post dircetly deals with your question.
In case of further questions I suggest you contact me by private message that we don't clutter this thread any longer with off-topic conversation. But please be aware that XDA isn't probably a website like the ones you're used to. This private website has its forum rules, and we have a really active staff to enforce them - and we do by all consequences to an account.

Respectfully
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Reactions: Uluru25

Nikname84

Apr 21, 2023
Redmi Note 8
So I read that and it literally states that posting links to telegram is now OK? I didn't even do that, I just said that there is a version available that can be found on Telegram. Is this really worth your effort my good man?

You are nothing but kind but your rules says I'm OK to post links "posting certain links to Telegram and other sites like WhatsApp is now allowed on XDA." is literally the statement from the link you gave me.

All that said and all with all the attention I keep getting, how about you look into all those that do not post thee proper GPLv2 linked code on here, I mean, I might be annoying but the FSF will shut you down if you don't do that.

audinswfc

May 29, 2011
Barnsley
Can anyone tell me what's the best recovery to use for 8T (willow) with Android 13 ROMs please? I see above there are mentions of unofficial OrangeFox on Telegram but since those aren't allowed to be linked here could anyone PM me please? Thanks

Top Liked Posts