[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][perseus]Official/Unofficial TWRP for Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 (Stable)

Search This thread

josegalre

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2011
El Salvador
www.pac-rom.com
TWRP 3.3.1-17 Amoled theme:

Name: twrp-3.3.1-17-perseus-mauronofrio-amoled.img
CRC-32: 6f236da7
MD5: 1d7a9f221b36b8578ac8d40311534000
SHA-1: 5586aed1f533b31a15a988e5ea66c5ff14d50efc
SHA-256: ef41b0a49e903213082ac9be465d434fce903b6a7dd476cebd44d8baa7b75518
Link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261778426

You can create a theme img too..
you need, aik and then next steeps

1 -> get aik from https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073775
2 -> extract in any folder
3 -> place the 'original twrp 3.3.1-17 by mauronofrio [md5: 3d7fa79cb5cc9fc839251391308aac18]' in the aik directory
4 -> [windows] execute on cmd 'unpackimg.bat twrp-3.3.1-17-perseus-mauronofrio.img' or just drop file in unpackimg.bat...
4 -> [linux] execute on terminal './unpackimg.sh twrp-3.3.1-17-perseus-mauronofrio.img'
5 -> go to 'ramdisk->twres' and replace all files by this: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261778433
6 -> go to root aik dir
7 -> [windows] execute on cmd 'repackimg.bat' or doble click to repackimg.bat...
7 -> [linux] execute on terminal './repackimg.sh'
8 -> wait... and done!
9 -> flash the 'image-new.img' as you always do xD

Notes:
* Be careful when making these modifications.
* Do not edit anything else, any modification can lose your recovery.
* Always back up your data for anything.
* I'm not responsible for damage to your equipment.

gruniu78

Nov 4, 2011
I upload android10 to mimix3. I uploaded settings and made copies of TWRP. I wanted to restore copies and error 255.
I found a way to fix the error on the internet.:
I have installed: twrp-3.3.1-17-perseus-mauronofrio.img
Ok. Let start. Install from Play store: Android Terminal Emulator.
Open Terminal and type:
$su (hit Enter)
#pm remove-user 999 (hit Enter)
Should come up: Success: removed user

And now i have problem with USB. Camera and other applications show: mount USB.
What can I do next?

mimix3 has no external sd. I connect OTG, but TWRP can't see OTG.

Last edited:

adam900710

Dec 20, 2010
Failed to boot into TWRP, neither official or this version.

Bootloader already unlocked.

Both fastboot flash and boot succeeded, but still boot into MIUI 11.
And then, boot into recovery still goes back to stock recovery.

The phone has been updated by fastboot to MIUI Global V11.0.3.0.QEEMIXM.

Any clue?

EDIT: OK solved, just flash, no boot, then reboot into recovery manually solves the problem.
What the heck?

Last edited:

Jaitsu

Is it just me, or does flashing/just about anything involving moving data around seem a lot slower with 3.4.0-0? ROM updates used to take a minute or two, now they seem to take like ten. Backups and other zip installs, too; even startup takes a lot longer. No errors or anything, and have reflashed it to make sure it installed properly, it's just... Slower.

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Is it just me, or does flashing/just about anything involving moving data around seem a lot slower with 3.4.0-0? ROM updates used to take a minute or two, now they seem to take like ten. Backups and other zip installs, too; even startup takes a lot longer. No errors or anything, and have reflashed it to make sure it installed properly, it's just... Slower.

Seems to be something wrong with your phone: Coming all the way along from TWRP 3.2.3-8 Unofficial by mauronofrio up to the latest TWRP 3.4.0-0 I have not noticed any slowdowns with two different Perseus-devices as you described with 3.4.0-0 .

Except for the 1st install after having unlocked the bootloader I have always upgraded TWRP from TWRP itself (not through Fastboot/ADB). Are you sure that you have choosen "Recovery"-Partition only when selecting the Target Partition?

Jaitsu

Seems to be something wrong with your phone: Coming all the way along from TWRP 3.2.3-8 Unofficial by mauronofrio up to the latest TWRP 3.4.0-0 I have not noticed any slowdowns with two different Perseus-devices as you described with 3.4.0-0 .

Except for the 1st install after having unlocked the bootloader I have always upgraded TWRP from TWRP itself (not through Fastboot/ADB). Are you sure that you have choosen "Recovery"-Partition only when selecting the Target Partition?

Yup, I'm only flashing it to the recovery partition. Everything's *working* okay, it just takes a long time. The rest of the phone seems to run fine, too; Android itself boots considerably faster than TWRP has been. I might try installing an older version of TWRP (or Sky Hawk, I was using that for a while) and see if there's a noticeable speed difference when I go back.

devleon

Jan 8, 2017
So I just flashed this to my recovery partition (using fastboot flash recovery) instead of the one by LP (I had version 1050), as that one couldn't decrypt my data anymore... But now it keeps booting back into TWRP, and no longer into system. What to do? I have the chinese model btw, maybe that makes a difference?

Edit: I managed to make it book by flashing both recoveries back and forth, but while it boots, as soon as I enter my pin, I get a "System UI has stopped working" message...

Last edited:

meech

Mar 16, 2018
So I just flashed this to my recovery partition (using fastboot flash recovery) instead of the one by LP (I had version 1050), as that one couldn't decrypt my data anymore... But now it keeps booting back into TWRP, and no longer into system. What to do? I have the chinese model btw, maybe that makes a difference?

Edit: I managed to make it book by flashing both recoveries back and forth, but while it boots, as soon as I enter my pin, I get a "System UI has stopped working" message...
format data will fix your twrp always rebooting to twrp, also flash latest twrp, this one is the previous version

Jaitsu

Hate to necro a thread that's been dead for... over a year... but this would still be the right place for Q&A/feedback on TWRP for the Mi Mix 3, right? I'm using 3.6.1_9-0 from the official site, which still lists @mauronofrio as the maintainer. I'm trying to get a GSI working on this thing, and the Image Flash option doesn't seem to be working correctly - I select Install Image, I pick my image, I pick "System Image" (notably not "System", but the fstab file in the Github suggests that that is just the system partition) and all it does is "Calculating restore details..." for 10 seconds on a 3 GB image, then it just states [IMAGE FLASH COMPLETED]. The image isn't flashed.

The entire *displayed* log is:

Code:
Updating partition details...
...done
Full SELinux support is present.
MTP Enabled
[IMAGE FLASH STARTED]
Image to flash: '/sdcard/crdrom-v316-220330-arm64-bgZ.img'
Calculating restore details...
[IMAGE FLASH COMPLETED]

I can attach a logcat/recovery.log if need be, just not sure whether to do that here or on pastebin or whatever. Notably, using dd if=/sdcard/crdrom-v316-220330-arm64-bgZ.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system works, it just takes like 20 minutes because I have no idea what to give it for a block size. It still doesn't boot, but that's its own problem. (Speaking of slow speeds, I still have that weird issue how the longer it's been since I've wiped /data, the slower it is to "calculate partition details", up to several minutes, but that isn't what I'm asking about right now.)

edit: after using the dd method, *now* the flash with the "Install Image" option seems to be working to flash over it (and is taking considerably longer)? Strange.

Last edited:

SolderFish

Jan 14, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm trying to compile TWRP from this git but I can't get it.
Once I get to this step I get errors. lunch omni_perseus-eng

1663199568470.png

Any help?

Top Liked Posts