[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][pyxis/vela]Official/Unofficial TWRP Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite/CC 9(Stable)

Search This thread

Camack

Mar 31, 2018
Portland
I have unlocked my bootloader and going to flash TWRP to install Xiaomi.eu ROM, do I need to flash the vbmeta file?

minotavros

Jan 3, 2014
I see problem when try to clear cache and dalvik cache.
See message with red letters that " can't mount cache" or like that.
What is the default settings in twrp mount?

Sent from my MI 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Camack

Mar 31, 2018
Portland
@mauronofrio I tried the fastboot command fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img but I get fastboot: unknown option -- disable verity error so I just flashed it using command fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img, will that be ok?

mi9lite

Dec 31, 2019
Error 255 for me when I want to create backup. Latest TWRP Unofficial, LOS 17.1, only gapps+magisk flashed. Nothing else (Not even other apps). No dual apps/dual user.

stalvatero

Dec 9, 2008
Napoli
Just to share my experience.
I downloaded all the necessary to install latest xiaomi.eu weekly rom.
Unlock the phone (7 days to wait) and install this TWRP.
Reebot into recovery and follow Official Xiaomi.eu instractions, and format /data.
From this moment i cannot do anything else couse every thing i did give me errore in /data e crypto footer. Tried anything suggesting on web. Also put the rom on an external SD ad install it... but with an error in the end. Infact device stuck on loanding screen indefinitely.

So when i was disperate while downloding official Global Firmware hoping to install it, i read of an other twrp for phisyx on web (i do not remember on which site i downloaded it) i tried another time. This time all went in the rigth way...
So i think there something to fix in this recovery

czarsuperstar@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
superstarmobility.weebly.com
Just to share my experience.
I downloaded all the necessary to install latest xiaomi.eu weekly rom.
Unlock the phone (7 days to wait) and install this TWRP.
Reebot into recovery and follow Official Xiaomi.eu instractions, and format /data.
From this moment i cannot do anything else couse every thing i did give me errore in /data e crypto footer. Tried anything suggesting on web. Also put the rom on an external SD ad install it... but with an error in the end. Infact device stuck on loanding screen indefinitely.

So when i was disperate while downloding official Global Firmware hoping to install it, i read of an other twrp for phisyx on web (i do not remember on which site i downloaded it) i tried another time. This time all went in the rigth way...
So i think there something to fix in this recovery
Yeah I had a tough time with the vbmeta.img so I booted it up and installed mi globe rom and I am leaving it at that....

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Also the fstab has data as f2fs when it should be Ext4 like the rest... I changed it to Ext4 and the errors went away.

ceracz

Dec 9, 2019
Brno
Incorrect filesystem type for format /data

@mauronofrio: You are using make_f2fs to format data... Any reason for that? After format the recovery is not able to mount /data and you need to switch the data partition to ext4 manually.

minotavros

Jan 3, 2014
Again error 255 when trying to backup Screenshot_2020-01-21-22-05-00.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 Lite using Tapatalk

jackluke

Jan 22, 2020
I have a pyxis Mi 9 Lite/CC 9 with a stock global EU ROM, unlocked the bootloader with the Mi account procedure, tried the TWRP, encountered a bootloop after installed Magisk and some minor issues as others posted, here is how I fixed them:

Issue 1 (fixing the bootloop):

First important step, this is not suffice: fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
instead you have to flash the vbmeta exactly with this terminal command (as explained in the OP):

Booting in fastboot mode holding Power + Volume-

Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

To do it properly you need to use this:
HTML:
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
I used the latest available version: 29.0.5 (October 2019)
If you are on Windows OS you need also to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC
I'd advise to don't use any other mini adb fastboot tools or standalone packages that surely are outdated.

Issue 2 (fixing the unable to mount or format DATA partition without reflash any system ROM):

Since I had a fingerprint encryption, at a certain point I was unable to mount or format properly the DATA partition, then as explained also on other threads, from TWRP I converted it manually to the ext4

Holding Power + VolumeUP reboot to TWRP Recovery

From menu Tap Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select ONLY Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> Select exFAT and swipe to confirm

After done, repeat the same steps and this time change it to Ext4 .

Return to the TWRP main menu tap Mount and check if you can read the Data partition.

Now to root the device you can flash the Magisk zip copying it into the Data partition (or external microsd) from TWRP menu tap Install and select the path to the Magisk zip swype to flash:
HTML:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
I used the Magisk v20.2 zip and it worked.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts