Were you able to restore ok?
Broken backup/restore has been a pain for me.
I didn't tried to restore yet.
how do you update from 3.3. 1-79 to 3.3.4-0? i did a fastboot boot 3.3 4-0 then it got stuck on fastboot mode logo. wasnt able to flash the installer. thx in advanceI know this is just one, single data point, but it might be pertinent ...
I used to have problems with 3.3.1-79 and earlier 3.3.1-based versions when trying to back up and restore to and from a USB drive. I have installed 3.3.4-0, and now, I can successfully back up and restore to and from USB. Also, normal backups and restores to and from my sdcard still work fine, as they did in 3.3.1-x.
I just flashed the latest installer and it worked fine
* When in normal system mode, I connected my USB cable and ran this:
adb push twrp-3.4.0-0-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip /sdcard/
* I then went into Magisk and selected Modules. Then, I clicked on the yellow "plus" sign and selected that twrp installer from /sdcard/
* After it installed, I rebooted. I no longer had root.
* Then, I booted into recovery. Version 3.4.0-0 of twrp indeed came up.
* I then flashed Magisk again, to get my root back.
* I then rebooted back to system. My device was indeed re-rooted, and all my previously installed Magisk modules were properly re-installed.
reboot back in recovery then magisk. that's what I did. it seems you can't flash magisk right after you flash the TWRP installer. so flash TWRP Installer then reboot back into recovery flash magisk then you should be goodAppears to be an issue with the Magisk zip, not TWRP. Why did you post it here?
thx man got itYou can also go into TWRP, flash new TWRP followed immediately by magisk and reboot back to system. No reason to reboot multiple times.
I still haven't rooted my international version who thinks rooting it is worth it while it's still in update phase.
I've been rooting phones been since the Droid one.
But since the OS is so good and netguard is a good ad blocker what's the point?
Is it now working with 3.5.1_9-0 and Oxy 11 Open beta because of A11 Support ?
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */