[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Were you able to restore ok?

Broken backup/restore has been a pain for me.

I didn't tried to restore yet.

I know this is just one, single data point, but it might be pertinent ...

I used to have problems with 3.3.1-79 and earlier 3.3.1-based versions when trying to back up and restore to and from a USB drive. I have installed 3.3.4-0, and now, I can successfully back up and restore to and from USB. Also, normal backups and restores to and from my sdcard still work fine, as they did in 3.3.1-x.
.​

Last edited:
Reactions: ulxerker and law16

freddienuxx

Dec 11, 2012
Neptune City NJ
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5
I know this is just one, single data point, but it might be pertinent ...

I used to have problems with 3.3.1-79 and earlier 3.3.1-based versions when trying to back up and restore to and from a USB drive. I have installed 3.3.4-0, and now, I can successfully back up and restore to and from USB. Also, normal backups and restores to and from my sdcard still work fine, as they did in 3.3.1-x.
.​
how do you update from 3.3. 1-79 to 3.3.4-0? i did a fastboot boot 3.3 4-0 then it got stuck on fastboot mode logo. wasnt able to flash the installer. thx in advance

law16

Oct 26, 2009
how do you update from 3.3. 1-79 to 3.3.4-0? i did a fastboot boot 3.3 4-0 then it got stuck on fastboot mode logo. wasnt able to flash the installer. thx in advance
I just flashed the latest installer and it worked fine

Maybe try fastbooting the pie version? Then flashing the lastest installer

Reactions: freddienuxx

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland

* When in normal system mode, I connected my USB cable and ran this:
adb push twrp-3.4.0-0-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip /sdcard/

* I then went into Magisk and selected Modules. Then, I clicked on the yellow "plus" sign and selected that twrp installer from /sdcard/

* After it installed, I rebooted. I no longer had root.

* Then, I booted into recovery. Version 3.4.0-0 of twrp indeed came up.

* I then flashed Magisk again, to get my root back.

* I then rebooted back to system. My device was indeed re-rooted, and all my previously installed Magisk modules were properly re-installed.
.​

Last edited:

ulxerker

Jul 6, 2015
* When in normal system mode, I connected my USB cable and ran this:
adb push twrp-3.4.0-0-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip /sdcard/

* I then went into Magisk and selected Modules. Then, I clicked on the yellow "plus" sign and selected that twrp installer from /sdcard/

* After it installed, I rebooted. I no longer had root.

* Then, I booted into recovery. Version 3.4.0-0 of twrp indeed came up.

* I then flashed Magisk again, to get my root back.

* I then rebooted back to system. My device was indeed re-rooted, and all my previously installed Magisk modules were properly re-installed.
.​

Just re-install Magisk right after TWRP in Magisk itself (install -> direct install), so you stay rooted and there is no need for a reboot and a re-flash of Magisk in TWRP.

rapdes

Dec 4, 2008
You can also go into TWRP, flash new TWRP followed immediately by magisk and reboot back to system. No reason to reboot multiple times.

freddienuxx

Dec 11, 2012
Neptune City NJ
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Appears to be an issue with the Magisk zip, not TWRP. Why did you post it here?
reboot back in recovery then magisk. that's what I did. it seems you can't flash magisk right after you flash the TWRP installer. so flash TWRP Installer then reboot back into recovery flash magisk then you should be good

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

You can also go into TWRP, flash new TWRP followed immediately by magisk and reboot back to system. No reason to reboot multiple times.
thx man got it

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

gangrenius

Feb 23, 2016
I still haven't rooted my international version who thinks rooting it is worth it while it's still in update phase.

Pros?

I've been rooting phones been since the Droid one.
But since the OS is so good and netguard is a good ad blocker what's the point?

Pvt WhoOkid

Oct 19, 2009
New York
www.tyaclan.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
I still haven't rooted my international version who thinks rooting it is worth it while it's still in update phase.

Pros?

I've been rooting phones been since the Droid one.
But since the OS is so good and netguard is a good ad blocker what's the point?

Honestly if your content with how your phone is now. You should keep it the way it is. Unless you're bored and just want a change. I agree the phone stock isn't bad it's actually really good but some of us including myself get bored and just often wanna tinker and see what else is out there.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone