• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
If you can use TWRP under Android 11 then you are unencrypted, else you wouldn't be able to use TWRP until we get a version that supports Android 11 encryption.

I guess you meant OxygenOS 11 and not Android 11? I've been running encrypted with crDroid v7 (which used OOS 10 as a base until today's build) for months and have used TWRP without any issue whatsoever to dirty flash updates, GApps, custom kernels...

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro

This is 3rd time you are breaking the XDA rule.
Before you were just sharing external site (may be yours and just want to take visitors there...whatever) link that is not needed because a good guide is already here in this thread itself in posts.
You are not helping or explains or giving answer to anything. Just sharing external link.

And this time you said: "Please stop doing that!"
What's wrong?.
And then again shared the same link.
Please stop doing this otherwise your posts/profiled will get reported by several xda members here.

Regards

Reactions: drumslave

Gr8man001

Aug 19, 2012
Washington, DC
OnePlus 7 Pro
This is 3rd time you are breaking the XDA rule.
Before you were just sharing external site (may be yours and just want to take visitors there...whatever) link that is not needed because a good guide is already here in this thread itself in posts.
You are not helping or explains or giving answer to anything. Just sharing external link.

And this time you said: "Please stop doing that!"
What's wrong?.
And then again shared the same link.
Please stop doing this otherwise your posts/profiled will get reported by several xda members here.

Regards
The guide in the link is the most accurate guide for rooting with magisk22 . If you can't understand the process, there is no need to threaten the person trying to help. Sharing the external for the guide is not illegal. I followed the instructions listed on the link and rooted without any difficulty. You can skip the steps of extracting the stock image by googling the stock image or search on the xda forums.

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
The guide in the link is the most accurate guide for rooting with magisk22 . If you can't understand the process, there is no need to threaten the person trying to help. Sharing the external for the guide is not illegal. I followed the instructions listed on the link and rooted without any difficulty. You can skip the steps of extracting the stock image by googling the stock image or search on the xda forums.

My post is not at all threatening my friend.
And by the way you didn't got my point.
I can understand your situation as you just fixed your device. :)
Anyways, I don't wanna ruin this thread from my side so no further words about this from my side. I just said in my past what I felt as a XDA Retired Recognised Contributor. Full stop. :)

Regards.

schumissimo

Sep 5, 2007
Paramètres> Sécurité et écran de verrouillage
Faites défiler vers le bas jusqu'à ce que vous voyiez l'en-tête Chiffrement et informations d'identification. Votre statut de cryptage est répertorié sur la ligne suivante
Thank you very much for your answer. I just checked I'm not encrypted so can I use TWRP without the risk of bootloop?

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
If you flash the decrypt file and decrypt the phone would you be able to upgrade from OOS 10 to OOS 11,2 and still keep TWRP and stay rooted?
It doesn't matter your device is decrypted or encrypted.
After flashing OOS 11 you still need to flash decrypt file.
You can check this post. This may help you

midgo12

May 30, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
It doesn't matter your device is decrypted or encrypted.
After flashing OOS 11 you still need to flash decrypt file.
You can check this post. This may help you
So this requires a new install and you can't upgrade from OOS10 to OOS 11.2 and keep apps etc and still keep TWRP and Root???

khalisz

Backup all your data first to do anything.
- As @Mohitash said, clean install is needed, you can use the unbrick tool to factory reset your device and then update to Oxygen OS 10 following update to Oxygen OS 11.
- Unlock the BL
- Installation the lastest magisk manager.
- Flash the Boot.img patched in fastboot. (link above).
- Reboot and you're done.

This is the way to set your device rooted and remain encrypted until the TWRP update.

namastyler

Apr 19, 2021
Hello! I have a GM1913 unlocked, rooted with Magisk (I think 22.1), TWRP 3.5.0_9-0-guacamole and OOS (last flashed version was 10.0.11.GM21BA with OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.32_OTA_032_all_2101280020_c39273ef1f205b6.zip).
No problems for about a month, this morning I rebooted the phone and it keeps booting to Fastboot Mode.
I can reach TWRP and I can access my phone directories from the pc.
I would love to avoid any data loss or anything related to having to reinstall every 2FA I have.
Fearing for a Magisk addon gone crazy, I tried deleting everything from /data/adb/modules but nothing changed.
I looked around on XDA but I usually get people stuck on Fastboot only and accessible via usb, which is not my case.
So I was thinking about flashing the latest available OTA, then TWRP, then Magisk from TWRP but I'm not sure if it will works or just worsen my problem.
Can somebody explain to me why is this happening and how do I fix this?

khalisz

Hello,

I looks like TWRP has disappeared for an unknown reason.
Just reboot to fastboot mode and flash it as well.

If you want to install the latest Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2, I recommend you to do first a backup of your data.
The currently TWRP doesn't works yet with Android 11.
If you want to remain rooted, It's simple. Please check the posts above. :)

namastyler

Apr 19, 2021
Hello,

I looks like TWRP has disappeared for an unknown reason.
Just reboot to fastboot mode and flash it as well.

If you want to install the latest Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2, I recommend you to do first a backup of your data.
The currently TWRP doesn't works yet with Android 11.
If you want to remain rooted, It's simple. Please check the posts above. :)
Oh no I read about the OOS11 and it has many bugs, I'm totally willing to wait them to be resolved first. Heck, I was even thinking about switching to LineageOS at some point, but I digress.
Sadly I can't do the fastboot part because in fastboot mode my pc doesn't see it at all via usb, despite all the drivers I've thrown at him.

Top Liked Posts