[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

khalisz

• Nov 7, 2012
    Paris
    Hello,

I looks like TWRP has disappeared for an unknown reason.
    Just reboot to fastboot mode and flash it as well.

If you want to install the latest Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2, I recommend you to do first a backup of your data.
    The currently TWRP doesn't works yet with Android 11.
    If you want to remain rooted, It's simple. Please check the posts above. :)

namastyler

Apr 19, 2021
    Hello,

I looks like TWRP has disappeared for an unknown reason.
    Just reboot to fastboot mode and flash it as well.

If you want to install the latest Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2, I recommend you to do first a backup of your data.
    The currently TWRP doesn't works yet with Android 11.
    If you want to remain rooted, It's simple. Please check the posts above. :)
    Oh no I read about the OOS11 and it has many bugs, I'm totally willing to wait them to be resolved first. Heck, I was even thinking about switching to LineageOS at some point, but I digress.
    Sadly I can't do the fastboot part because in fastboot mode my pc doesn't see it at all via usb, despite all the drivers I've thrown at him.

khalisz

• Nov 7, 2012
    Paris
    Oh no I read about the OOS11 and it has many bugs, I'm totally willing to wait them to be resolved first. Heck, I was even thinking about switching to LineageOS at some point, but I digress.
    Sadly I can't do the fastboot part because in fastboot mode my pc doesn't see it at all via usb, despite all the drivers I've thrown at him.

On the first version the 11.0, now it's the 11.0.0.2 hot fix, the bugs has been fixed.

Dec 3, 2010
    I'm sorry if this isnt the right right place to ask this but I have a gm1915 on oos 11.0.0.2 and want to root it if anyone could help me with a patched boot img to flash or if anyone knows if I can use the Eu boot img that was posted by khalisz

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
    I'm sorry if this isnt the right right place to ask this but I have a gm1915 on oos 11.0.0.2 and want to root it if anyone could help me with a patched boot img to flash or if anyone knows if I can use the Eu boot img that was posted by khalisz
    Here's mine I created from the global 11.0.0.2 build a few days ago magisk_patched-22100_0cK40.img. Has been working great for me. :)

Edit: Keep in mind this isn't from the T-Mobile OOS 11 build if that's what you were looking for. I have a GM1915 converted to the global version

Last edited:
    Reactions: cousinit99

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
    Will this one work with EU version? Is it extracted from this file?
    File name: OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.36_OTA_0360_all_2104141941_99a4302313b.zip
    No idea to be honest. I made it from OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.P.36_OTA_0360_all_2104141852_885ac6583aa.zip which is the global 11.0.0.2 build.

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    No idea to be honest. I made it from OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.P.36_OTA_0360_all_2104141852_885ac6583aa.zip which is the global 11.0.0.2 build.
    Thanks man. It is not the same firmware. I've tried à global ver. patched boot image once in oos 11.0.0 and didn't boot. I think each one should flash a suitable image depending on the region associated with the phone.

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
    Thanks man. It is not the same firmware. I've tried à global ver. patched boot image once in oos 11.0.0 and didn't boot. I think each one should flash a suitable image depending on the region associated with the phone.
    If you want, I could download the EU rom, and extract the boot.img from it if you are able to patch it in magisk, and then flash it? As I could patch the EU stock boot.img, but not sure if magisk would add anything based on my global build being installed. Feel free to PM me if that would help at all.

Last edited:

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    If you want, I could download the EU rom, and extract the boot.img from it if you are able to patch it in magisk, and then flash it? As I could patch the EU stock boot.img, but not sure if magisk would add anything based on my global build being installed. Feel free to PM me if that would help at all.
    It would be great, thank you. I've tried extracting the image from payload.bin but I think something went wrong when installing python on my laptop. So the command wouldn't work. If you can post the boot image file from the exact version of the firmware I asked you about it would be awesome. I can patched it my self with latest magisk and flash it via fastboot.

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
    It would be great, thank you. I've tried extracting the image from payload.bin but I think something went wrong when installing python on my laptop. So the command wouldn't work. If you can post the boot image file from the exact version of the firmware I asked you about it would be awesome. I can patched it my self with latest magisk and flash it via fastboot.
    Sure thing. Here is the stock EU boot.img from OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.36_OTA_0360_all_2104141941_99a4302313b.zip

Reactions: Xzeven

eracet

Nov 27, 2010
    I made a mistake.... was going to do the magisk update method and retain root and TWRP.
    But.... ended up forgetting to do the a/b retention for magisk. At the same time it was updated VIA Updater.
    Both of them wanted a reboot... and it updated to android 11. Lost Root and TWRP. Now cannot get either back.
    Was reading this thread. and still looking for magisk solution. I know its here somewhere.

alvinma

Jan 24, 2012
    I made a mistake.... was going to do the magisk update method and retain root and TWRP.
    But.... ended up forgetting to do the a/b retention for magisk. At the same time it was updated VIA Updater.
    Both of them wanted a reboot... and it updated to android 11. Lost Root and TWRP. Now cannot get either back.
    Was reading this thread. and still looking for magisk solution. I know its here somewhere.
    You want to use magisk to patch the boot.img file from your rom, then flash it in fastboot.
    steps:
    1. download the official rom zip file, upzip to get "payload.bin"
    2. google "android extract payload.bin", and use the python script to extract boot.img from it.
    3. on your phone install magisk app from playstore(or any other source), and use magisk to patch the extracted boot.img file.
    4. go to bootloader, use "fastboot flash boot.img" to flash it in.
    done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Is the same proccess if we want to update? A new OOS11 just come out, do i still need to format data? Am already decrypted.

I am already on OOS 11.0.0.2 :)

Dirty flash will work with same steps for updating to latest release. :)

As Fixed Stable TWRP is still not available for OOS 11:

If you are already on decrypted OOS 11 with magisk and working twrp-
      And want to update to latest release that is OOS 11.0.0.2

Required files in your phone:
      1. Latest Official TWRP Installer zip
      2. Magisk v21.4 (latest zip version) [Download here if you don't have already]
      3. Latest Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip [Download here if you don;t have already]
      4. And obviously latest OOS 11 rom zip file

1. Reboot to TWRP
      2. Wipe cache (as I always do this while updating same rom with latest release)
      3. Install latest OOS 11.0.0.2
      4. Install TWRP installer zip
      5. Install Magisk 21.4 (latest zip version)
      6. Install latest Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip
      7. Reboot recovery
      8. Flash Magisk 21.4 again
      9. Flash latest Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip again
      10. Reboot and you are good.
      11. Open magisk and update it (direct install)

As before, There is 0% chance of any bootloop if you follow this.

P.S.: This OOS 11.0.0.2 update is just a small hotfix update as all changelogs are same as OOS 11.0.0. We can assume this is a first Stable OOS 11 release LOL. (I noticed this happens many times with OOS as I have used 3 OnePlus devices before 7 Pro.
      But anyways, I didn't found any issue on OOS 11.0.0

Regards
      Decryption is not recommended, you can be rooted without TWRP. As I mentioned few posts above, untill the update of TWRP.

+1
      This is 3rd time you are breaking the XDA rule.
      Before you were just sharing external site (may be yours and just want to take visitors there...whatever) link that is not needed because a good guide is already here in this thread itself in posts.
      You are not helping or explains or giving answer to anything. Just sharing external link.

And this time you said: "Please stop doing that!"
      What's wrong?.
      And then again shared the same link.
      Please stop doing this otherwise your posts/profiled will get reported by several xda members here.

Regards
      The guide in the link is the most accurate guide for rooting with magisk22 . If you can't understand the process, there is no need to threaten the person trying to help. Sharing the external for the guide is not illegal. I followed the instructions listed on the link and rooted without any difficulty. You can skip the steps of extracting the stock image by googling the stock image or search on the xda forums.
      Is there a working android 11 twrp for any device? If no, what is the reason?
      The TWRP doesn't works yet with A11, be patient.
      If you want to root your device, you can do it easily. check my post above. :)
      My phone is already rooted, I just want to know if I am encrypted or not.
      If you can use TWRP under Android 11 then you are unencrypted, else you wouldn't be able to use TWRP until we get a version that supports Android 11 encryption.
      Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>
      /*
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

Features:
      - Seems is working all
      - Android Q Support
      - Android 11 Decryption

Install guide (Reccomended):
      1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
      2. Enter fastboot mode
      3. Unlock your bootloader
      4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line (if you want to have it permanently you should flash the installer)
      5. If you will flash the installer and you are stock you need also to flash magisk or your phone will not boot again
      6. Enjoy it:)

Other Install guide (More articulated but fully functional):
      1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
      2. Enter fastboot mode
      3. Unlock your bootloader
      4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line
      5. Copy the recoveryimgfilename.img in the phone memory
      6. Go in advanced menu
      7. Click on "Install Recovery Ramdisk"
      Screenshot-2019-04-04-17-25-43.png

8. Choose the recoveryimgfilename.img
      9. Swipe to install

OLD Install guide (Much more articulated but perfectly functional):
      1. Follow this guide to root your device: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/guide-root-oneplus-7-pro-patched-boot-t3931205
      2. Flash the TWRP installer like a magisk module
      3. Flashing the TWRP installer you will lose the root, so you will need to flash magisk again from magisk manager before reboot the device or you can reboot the device and flash magisk in twrp

HOW TO UPDATE a ROM and KEEP TWRP and ROOT:
      Before all Disable all magisk modules for boths methods

- Put rom.zip, twrp installer.zip and magisk.zip on your internal storage;
      - Flash Rom;
      - Flash TWRP Installer;
      - Flash magisk;
      - Reboot.

If you want you can also update a stock rom from phone settings with local upgrade:
      - Update the Rom WITHOUT REBOOT;
      - Open Magisk Manager;
      - Menu/modules/+ button/select the twrp installer.zip and flash it;
      - Always in Magisk Manager, click on Install/Install/Direct Install;
      - Again in Magisk Manager, click on Install/Install/Inactive Slot;
      - Reboot.

BugReport:
      Please all, when you got a problem, bootloop, error in twrp, unable to do something, please be sure you have followed the guides properly and when you write here you have problem just follow this guidelines for the bugreport:
      - Write what rom and version you have actually;
      - Write which device you have, gm1910, gm1913, gm1917, gm1915, gm1920, gm1911.
      - Write which twrp you are using (Unofficial, Officia and the version);
      - If you got an error in the twrp flashing a zip, after got the error make a log using this command : "cat /tmp/recovery.log" or if you are using adb with "adb shell cat /tmp/recovery.log". Copy the output in a text file and send me it.
      - Write what are you trying to do;
      - Write how you flash the twrp and magisk, just write what you do.

If you don't give me this infos i can't help you.
      If something doesn't work, don't just complain, but try to get the problem resolved by giving all the information you have.

Tips:
      If android Q TWRP .img doens't work, reboot in fastboot again and try the Pie TWRP
      If you alread have a twrp flashed you can only flash the new installer zip or the new installation method to update your TWRP (remember to flash again magisk or your system will not boot).
      If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
      For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
      India Fake Partition Deleter by mauronofrio
      Official Builds

TWRP 3.4.0-10 Unified Unofficial Q by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.4.0-10 Unified Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unified Unofficial Q by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unified Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio

Official Builds
      OnePlus 7 Pro 9.5.3 stock boot.img

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
      https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
      https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_guacamole_TWRP
      https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_guacamole_unified_TWRP
      Android Pie IMG: https://gitlab.com/HolyAngel/op7
      Android Q IMG: Precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
      https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
      Thanks to @Titokhan for the tests
      Thanks to all Telegram Test Group
      Thanks to @HolyAngel for the kernel
      Thanks to @rsyhan for the help with the reserve script
      Thanks to @arter97 for the help with the Android Q Kernel

Created 2019-05-18
      Let's do it again:

New TWRP 3.3.1-70 guacamole unified (OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G):
      - Fixed fastboot boot command also for Android Q.

Actually i will publish an .img for android Q, one for android Pie and an Installer that will works on both.

TWRP 3.3.1-70 Unified Unofficial Q by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.3.1-70 Unified Unofficial Pie by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.3.1-70 Unified Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio

I want to say a big thanks to @arter97 that help me to make this new TWRP.

I hope this community will support me also in the next OnePlus generation.
      TWRP 3.3.1-74 OnePlus 7/ 7 Pro/ 7 Pro 5G (guacamole unified) by mauronofrio:
      FInally fixed all problems with rom flashing;
      Added a new script to support this new india.img fake partitions (now you can flash Open Beta 6).

TWRP 3.3.1-74 Unified Unofficial Q by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.3.1-74 Unified Unofficial Pie by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.3.1-74 Unified Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
      For the reserve partition problem, I thought I had already solved the problem, apparently it wasn't like that. I want to explain why this problem happens:
      The main problem is that reserve partition doesn't exist, the reserve.img should be copied directly in a data folder (precisely /data/reserve/reserve.img ), unfortunately this is not easy, because on the devices with A/B slots to flash a rom using a TWRP we need to use the update_engine_sideload, an executable that will automatically flash the partitions present in the payload.bin in the respective partitions of the inactive slot.
      So a reserve.img file should be flashed (from the update_engine_sideload) in the /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/reserve_a ( if a slot is the inactive one), but /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/reserve_a doesn't exist.
      So i managed to make a new service-script that will automatically create the /data/reserve/reserve.img file and /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/reserve_a and /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/reserve_b symlinks.

Another problem came at beginning with some other partitions that are not 2 but only one, but that wasn't a big problem.

Now i can say that the reserve problem should be fixed at all.

Now, there some problems with Android Q, i worked for few days to see if possible to make the TWRP boots from fastboot, but actually i'm unable to make a TWRP that boots from fastboot in Android Q., i don't know if it is a bootloader problem, a kernel problem or a twrp problem. (I actually think it is a bootloader problem in all cases)

If you need to flash the TWRP on android Q i reccomend to flash it with magisk manager ( so to do this you need to flash a patched_boot.img to have root), this guide is already explained in the first post under thread "Old Flashing Guide".

I did also a new feature to keep twrp and root after you update your rom (or you flash a boot.img), this new feature is called inject TWRP and you can enable (or disable) it after you selected a zip in the install option. Remember to disable it when you don't need of it or it will create some problems. I will reccomend to don't use it if you are flashing a new kernel or magisk.zip.
      Image Explanation:
      Screenshot-2019-09-03-09-22-36.png

Update TWRP 3.3.1-65 guacamole unified (OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G) by mauronofrio:
      - Fixed reserve partition error during ROM flashing;
      - Updated kernel (Reduced .img size from 56MB to 33MB);
      - Added new Inject TWRP feature.

TWRP 3.3.1-65 Unified Unofficial by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.3.1-65 Unified Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.3.1-75 OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro / 7 Pro 5g (guacamole unified) by mauronofrio:
      - Fixed error 255 during backup caused by /data/per_boot folder.

TWRP 3.3.1-75 Unified Unofficial Q by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.3.1-75 Unified Unofficial Pie by mauronofrio
      TWRP 3.3.1-75 Unified Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone