[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

Fredator

Jan 28, 2018
Hello everyone,
i'm confused. After reading most of the 160 pages of this topic
My device is Oneplus 7 pro EU GM1910, runs Android 10.011.GM21BA, rooted using Magisk 21.4 flashed with twrp, which is NOT installed.
bootloader is unlocked, data is encrypted

I was used to update the rom's with this method: From the computer: fastoboot boot twrp x.x, then in twrp install full ROM, then install magisk, and then reboot, rooted, no data loss, not much trouble. Only sometimes i had to flash magisk again after 1st reboot, probably the A/B slots thing. Nothing complicated tho.

How do i upgrade to android 11.0.2 now without any risk of data loss?
i have the ROM (OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.36_OTA_0360_all_2104141941_99a4302313b.zip), i found the patched boot img in this topic (magisk_patched-22100_0cK40.img), both are on the phone and on the computer. (+magisk 22.1.zip, in case of)

i don't need twrp installed
Is there a safe method for this? Or should i wait for twrp?
Sorry if this has already been explained, but the topic is quite long
Thanks

khalisz

• Hello everyone,
    My device is Oneplus 7 pro EU GM1910, runs Android 10.011.GM21BA, rooted using Magisk 21.4 flashed with twrp, which is NOT installed.

I was used to update the rom's with this method: From the computer: fastoboot boot twrp x.x, then in twrp install full ROM, then install magisk, and then reboot, rooted, no data loss, not much trouble. Only sometimes i had to flash magisk again after 1st reboot, probably the A/B slots thing. Nothing complicated tho.

i have the ROM (OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.36_OTA_0360_all_2104141941_99a4302313b.zip), i found the patched boot img in this topic (magisk_patched-22100_0cK40.img), both are on the phone and on the computer. (+magisk 22.1.zip, in case of)

Thanks

Yo :)
    First of all, do a backup of your data !

- You'll need to do a factory reset and update to Oxygen OS global 11.0.0.2 (because the boot.img patched come from the global rom)
    - Unlock the Bootloader.
    - Install the lastest magisk manager APK (only, not magisk)
    - Install Android Platforme tools to your PC.
    - Reboot to fastboot mode.
    - Plug your phone to your PC.
    - open cmd with admin rights from Android Platforme tools folder.
    - Flash the patched boot.img Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2 (Global rom).
    - Reboot and you're rooted.

Reactions: Fredator

Fredator

Jan 28, 2018
    Yo :)
    First of all, do a backup of your data !

- You'll need to do a factory reset and update to Oxygen OS global 11.0.0.2 (because the boot.img patched come from the global rom)
    - Unlock the Bootloader.
    - Install the lastest magisk manager APK (only, not magisk)
    - Install Android Platforme tools to your PC.
    - Reboot to fastboot mode.
    - Plug your phone to your PC.
    - open cmd with admin rights from Android Platforme tools folder.
    - Flash the patched boot.img Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2 (Global rom).
    - Reboot and you're rooted.
    Hello and Thank you for your time Khalisz
    then i won't upgrade and root, as i said i can't afford to do a factory reset
    If i only upgrade to android from rooted #10 to stock rom #11.0.2, will i lose any data?

Reactions: khalisz

alvinma

Jan 24, 2012
    Hello and Thank you for your time Khalisz
    then i won't upgrade and root, as i said i can't afford to do a factory reset
    If i only upgrade to android from rooted #10 to stock rom #11.0.2, will i lose any data?
    it's recommended to do a full wipe after you update from android 10 to android 11.
    if you don't decrypt data you won't be able to use twrp on a11 for now.
    you can use migrate-gpe/migrate-flasher app to backup and restore data.
    you will be able to have root on a11
    to answer your question: if you only upgrade from stock to a11, uou won't lose data, but you might encounter problems like lag, sudden exit and so on.

davidk21770

Aug 28, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Nobody is mentioning the method that I've used all along - and on my wife's 7T which has never has a decrypting TWRP.
    Does the following work?

Disable all Magisk modules.
    Reboot
    Enter Magisk and uninstall / restore images. DO NOT REBOOT
    Set the installer to install the update, but not reboot (disable automatic updates). Let the installer do the update. DO NOT REBOOT
    Go back to Magisk and tell it to install to the inactive slot (after ota)
    choose Magisk's reboot
    After the reboot, enable Magisk's modules and reboot.

TWRP will not be installed, but you'll be rooted and encrypted.

Has anyone checked to see if this works?

btvolta

Nov 26, 2012
    Tampa Bay
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Yes actually is the only way to have a custom recovery working on OOS 11 but that guide have too many steps not necessary.

This is what i do from Android !0, cause starting from Android 11 you can't boot twrp, made a backup of your data before:

1 - Reboot to TWRP and be sure to have latest 3.5.2_9-0, if not install it
    2 - Flash OOS 11 and TWRP 3.5.2_9-0, format data typing yes (data loss)
    3 - Reboot to TWRP, flash latest Magisk Canary (for Safety Net Pass) and latest Disable Force Encrypt
    4 - Reboot to system
    I understand the steps but after I format data, my sd will be wiped. I do have all my files on my laptop so will I be able to access my storage through my usb so I can move the files from my laptop to my phone storage so I can flash?

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
    Hippoland
    I understand the steps but after I format data, my sd will be wiped. I do have all my files on my laptop so will I be able to access my storage through my usb so I can move the files from my laptop to my phone storage so I can flash?
    Yes. You can do "adb push" when you are in TWRP, so just push your files back to /sdcard/ after data has been formatted.

For the installs, you can also do a sideload.

Reactions: btvolta

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
    Hippoland
    Which version of magisk? A11 v2.0?
    What I explained above has nothing to do with Magisk. As long as you can run TWRP, you can boot to recovery, format data, and then do "adb push" to put data that you previously backed up to your desktop back onto /sdcard/ after the data format. Then, while still in TWRP, you can install any of those files that you put back onto /sdcard/.

Also, "sideload" is a TWRP command, not magisk. It can be used as follows:
    (1) In TWRP, go to Advanced->ADB Sideload
    (2) Slide the "Swipe to Start Sideload" slider to the right.
    (3) On your desktop, run "adb sideload some-kind-of-zip-file-to-install.zip"

This will do the same as "adb push" of the zip file to /sdcard/ followed by a TWRP install.

There are some zipfiles which fail under sideload, and if you happen to try to install one of those via sideload and it fails, just do the adb-push-followed-by-install procedure that I outlined above.

As for Magisk, I'm running 22.1, but again, Magisk has nothing to do with these TWRP-based module install steps.

You could look at this post for a very detailed explanation of how to get upgrade a guacamole device from A10 to A11 and for this to work with TWRP and Magisk ...
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...overy-for-oneplus-7-pro.3931322/post-84727891

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
    OnePlus 7
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Hello everyone,

Thanks
    Flash the zip, install magisk from the manager app, then reboot. Disable all your modules though because if one doesn't agree with the rom, you're screwed. Most are fine, but smali patcher is not.

I say disable all your modules just so you don't blame me

roycomountain

Jan 2, 2013
    Could someone please help me with a problem.
    I have a op 7 pro with non working TWRP because i updated to android 11 beta 4. That is not a roblem for me because i only use magisk for adaway.
    I just bought the new op 9 pro and would like to make a factory reset for my old 7 pro. This not possible because eveytime i use the factory reset option the phone reboots to TWRP and i get the flashing screen. How can i make a reset.

@soka

• Aug 8, 2014
    Glencoe
    I have a op 7 pro with non working TWRP because i updated to android 11 beta 4. That is not a roblem for me because i only use magisk for adaway.
    I just bought the new op 9 pro and would like to make a factory reset for my old 7 pro. This not possible because eveytime i use the factory reset option the phone reboots to TWRP and i get the flashing screen. How can i make a reset.
    Flash the stock boot.img from OB4 via fastboot

Piricho

Feb 12, 2013
    I'm going insane here :)
    I'm on LOS 18.1, Android 11
    Oneplus 7 Pro
    How the hell can i get back to stock?
    When i try to boot the latest twrp it leaves me hanging on the "fastboot mode" logo.
    I cannot flash twrp because it leave me on the "fastboot mode" indefinitely until i reboot.
    I tried extracting the boot.img from the beta pack and flash that but i get the "recovery_a no such partition"
    I tried flashing the latest stable stock and beta through lineage recovery but i get an error message saying the file version is older than whats already installed.

I am completely lost here on how to get back on OOS. If somebody has a link to somewhere with a guide to help me out i would be very thankful. Thank you :)

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
    Viterbo
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Use msm tool if you think to sell your device, so you will have like a new device with locked bootloader.

nit.tarar

Feb 18, 2018
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Ok guys, answer to your questions is so simple but you all are getting confused may be.

First of you need to know that Stable TWRP is not available for OOS 11 Stable and Beta. To use TWRP and OOS 11/Beta together your device must be decrypted.

NOTE: If you are already in bootloop or something after flashing oos 11 with twrp then check my this post. There you have only two options to get back and then follow below steps if you need

Now here is a perfect drill
    It will make 0% chances of any bootloop or anything.
    These steps will let your device boot up 100% with exact 0% chances of any bootloop

First download Latest "Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip" from attachment.
    Now things you need:
    A PC/Laptop with cable or USB OTG drive with required files in it.
    Requered files-
    1. Latest Official TWRP Installer zip
    2. Latest Magisk zip
    3. Latest Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip
    4. And obviously OOS 11 rom zip file

Now follow steps below

Main Steps you need:
    1. Backup data (If you have data and need that)
    2. Boot in TWRP and factory reset.
    3. Format Data and type yes to format it.
    4. Install oos 11
    5. Install TWRP installer zip
    6. Install Magisk zip
    7. Install Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip
    8. Reboot Recovery
    9. Install Magisk again
    10. Install Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip again
    11. Reboot and you are good.

There is 0% chance of any bootloop if you follow this.

Regards
    follow all your steps but m still on 10.3.8 GM21AA

nit.tarar

Feb 18, 2018
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Ok guys, answer to your questions is so simple but you all are getting confused may be.

First of you need to know that Stable TWRP is not available for OOS 11 Stable and Beta. To use TWRP and OOS 11/Beta together your device must be decrypted.

NOTE: If you are already in bootloop or something after flashing oos 11 with twrp then check my this post. There you have only two options to get back and then follow below steps if you need

Now here is a perfect drill
    It will make 0% chances of any bootloop or anything.
    These steps will let your device boot up 100% with exact 0% chances of any bootloop

First download Latest "Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip" from attachment.
    Now things you need:
    A PC/Laptop with cable or USB OTG drive with required files in it.
    Requered files-
    1. Latest Official TWRP Installer zip
    2. Latest Magisk zip
    3. Latest Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip
    4. And obviously OOS 11 rom zip file

Now follow steps below

Main Steps you need:
    1. Backup data (If you have data and need that)
    2. Boot in TWRP and factory reset.
    3. Format Data and type yes to format it.
    4. Install oos 11
    5. Install TWRP installer zip
    6. Install Magisk zip
    7. Install Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip
    8. Reboot Recovery
    9. Install Magisk again
    10. Install Disable Dm verity and force encrypt zip again
    11. Reboot and you are good.

There is 0% chance of any bootloop if you follow this.

Regards
    follow all your steps but after last reboot its 10.3.8.GM21AA again and asks to update

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
    Hippoland
    follow all your steps but after last reboot its 10.3.8.GM21AA again and asks to update
    Are you sure that step 4 in the "Main steps ..." section was successful?

PS: and are you sure you installed this zipfile? ...
    OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.P.36_OTA_0360_all_2104141852_885ac6583aa.zip

That's the installation zipfile for OOS 1.0.0.2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts