• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
For those who cannot boot successfully after flashing a patched OOS 11 boot image correctly i. IT IS A MAGISK MODULE for sure. the problem is that you Can't uninstall it via a command line such as

adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

or from TWRP terminal using

sh /sdcard/mm

the only way to remove them is:

1- Boot into TWRP from this thread using the fastboot boot twrp.img it supports oos 11 encryption
2 - Once in TWRP, select Advanced > File Manager.
3 - Navigate to /data/adb/modules.
4 - You can see folders for all the modules you have installed.
5 - Tap on the folder for the module that you last installed, which is probably the cause of the bootloop. You can select any other module as well if you want to delete that one.
6 - Once inside the folder, tap on the check button in the bottom-right corner.
7 - From the available options, select Delete.
8 - On the next page, swipe at the bottom to confirm the delete.
Now that you are done with the suspected modules you can flash the patched boot image or simply flash the latest magisk.apk yes .apk no need for .zip from the install option in TWRP and your device should boot correctly after which just install magisk "Direct Install" from Magisk App
DONE

Last edited:
Reactions: khalisz

GoodSoul

Oct 10, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
www.google.com
1- Boot into TWRP from this thread using the fastboot boot twrp.img it supports oos 11 encryption
Thanks for this! My update was running wired (was unable to enter any settings and much else crashed). Tried to use the TWRP from this thread but NONE OF ALL OF THEM was working! So I was nearly to full wipe my phone and try again to downgrade/upgrade when I stumbled across your post. I used the TWRP from that thread and was able to Fastboot into it again. The TWRP of this thread is just crashing/bootlooping and not working at all. Not the official one from TWRP.me and not the one from this thread. Thanks again to pointing to a TWRP that is working. With this is fixed the wrong installation and my phone is working normal again - many thanks!

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks for this! My update was running wired (was unable to enter any settings and much else crashed). Tried to use the TWRP from this thread but NONE OF ALL OF THEM was working! So I was nearly to full wipe my phone and try again to downgrade/upgrade when I stumbled across your post. I used the TWRP from that thread and was able to Fastboot into it again. The TWRP of this thread is just crashing/bootlooping and not working at all. Not the official one from TWRP.me and not the one from this thread. Thanks again to pointing to a TWRP that is working. With this is fixed the wrong installation and my phone is working normal again - many thanks!
You're welcome man. Happy to know that you fixed your phone.

Reactions: GoodSoul

RogerNZ

Aug 25, 2016
Hi.
Please excuse me if this is a stupid question. But I run a diabetes monitoring app 24/7 on my phone. So kind of important to me I don't mess my phone up.
I am running A11 with Magisk. Can I install this TWRP simply by installing via Magisk? Or does it not work like that? Must fastboot?
TIA.

HermitDash

Jul 31, 2009
Brooklyn
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Hi.
Please excuse me if this is a stupid question. But I run a diabetes monitoring app 24/7 on my phone. So kind of important to me I don't mess my phone up.
I am running A11 with Magisk. Can I install this TWRP simply by installing via Magisk? Or does it not work like that? Must fastboot?
TIA.
Gotta go through Fastboot to install TWRP. The one from this thread doesn't support encryption so the one from this thread should work for the moment. If anything back a backup of the app data from your diabetic monitor then proceed to do what you need to install TWRP if that's what you need.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
I am attempting to install TWRP to my recovery. I have successfully gotten a custom Android 11 Rom, rooted it and installed my choice of a custom kernel. Early on in the process I was able to do "fastboot boot twrp.img" without issue and at one point even had twrp installed but lost it while still working on the rom. The device now fails when using fastboot boot....the terminal shows it pushed twrp successfully, the phone shows the fastboot logo and it never goes farther than that. The only bright note is it's still in fastboot mode so a fastboot reboot command will get me back into the rom. The problem is I've found no other way I can install TWRP because it needs to partition the boot image to install the recovery ramdisk.

If anyone can provide a suggestion other than "restore factory and start from scratch" I'd appreciate it. The phone is a GM1915 (T-Mobile) which has been modded to run the international software (which I guess is now irrelevant since it's running Derpfest with the Dora Kernel). Currently no "recovery_a" partition exists so a "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" will not work.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
That version seems unstable....it shows internal storage of 0 and doesn't show any files but it DOES boot.....now all I need is one that boots AND works. The nebrassy one is also 96mb while the images here are around 31mb. Pretty big difference. I redownloaded them to make sure I had good images but they still failed to boot.
Because you might be using fbev2, so it won't decrypt.

Top Liked Posts