• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

tuyetthan200

Dec 22, 2013
Currently my phone ( GM1915 ) is stuck in Fastboot Mode after I downgraded from TWRP 3.5.1 to TWRP 3.3.1-4

This is my stupid act if my phone has no data, but since my phone has important data, can I ask is there any way to fix it without losing data?

Please help me !
Sorry for my bad english

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
Currently my phone ( GM1915 ) is stuck in Fastboot Mode after I downgraded from TWRP 3.5.1 to TWRP 3.3.1-4

This is my stupid act if my phone has no data, but since my phone has important data, can I ask is there any way to fix it without losing data?

Please help me !
Sorry for my bad english
Download a reliable version of TWRP and use "fastboot boot twrpfilename.img" to boot twrp(this boots it without installing it so you can try different versions if necessary)...you can then flash it to recovery or whatever you want to do.

MisiekDP

Dec 25, 2014
Kraków
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,
I am having trouble restoring a backup of TWRP on my OnePlus 7 Pro. I made a full backup of Oxygen OS 10.0.10 (Android 10) two days ago. I also had Magisk Canary (root) on Android with some modules (Xposed for example). I selected /data, /modem, /system_image, /vendor_image and /boot for the backup. The backup was successful, the checksums match. I also made a backup with the PIN set on the screen, but after entering Recovery TWRP always decrypts the /data partition correctly. The smartphone was fully encrypted.

Yesterday I wanted to restore the full system including data, but I'm still having problems with this. After restoring a backup, there is a continuous bootloop at startup (you can see the logo of the loading Android system), but after a few tens of seconds there is a reboot and so on all the time. I've done full format of smartphone using MsmDownloadTool (I've flashed OxygenOS 10.0.10 with Msm (OxygenOS version as in TWRP backup)).
I've tried to install ROM 10.0.10 right after restoring a backup, but that didn't give me anything. Same with installing TWRP and Magisk after restoring backup - still nothing. I also uninstalled Magisk immediately after making a backup, then uploaded Magisk again and same bootloop.
I noticed that after restoring and formatting the /data partition, the system booted normally but without any data which is important to me.

I would ask for help, maybe someone knows how to fix this, maybe need to attach some log files - write what and how, I will attach everything necessary.

@soka

Aug 8, 2014
Glencoe
Hi,
I am having trouble restoring a backup of TWRP on my OnePlus 7 Pro. I made a full backup of Oxygen OS 10.0.10 (Android 10) two days ago. I also had Magisk Canary (root) on Android with some modules (Xposed for example). I selected /data, /modem, /system_image, /vendor_image and /boot for the backup. The backup was successful, the checksums match. I also made a backup with the PIN set on the screen, but after entering Recovery TWRP always decrypts the /data partition correctly. The smartphone was fully encrypted.

Yesterday I wanted to restore the full system including data, but I'm still having problems with this. After restoring a backup, there is a continuous bootloop at startup (you can see the logo of the loading Android system), but after a few tens of seconds there is a reboot and so on all the time. I've done full format of smartphone using MsmDownloadTool (I've flashed OxygenOS 10.0.10 with Msm (OxygenOS version as in TWRP backup)).
I've tried to install ROM 10.0.10 right after restoring a backup, but that didn't give me anything. Same with installing TWRP and Magisk after restoring backup - still nothing. I also uninstalled Magisk immediately after making a backup, then uploaded Magisk again and same bootloop.
I noticed that after restoring and formatting the /data partition, the system booted normally but without any data which is important to me.

I would ask for help, maybe someone knows how to fix this, maybe need to attach some log files - write what and how, I will attach everything necessary.
When I was on A10. I was successful once. I formatted, in TWRP and without rebooting installed my backup via a otg. You could try this.

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
Viterbo
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,

For me this method always worked:
From twrp flash same OOS version of your nandroid backup and twrp to both slots, format data and boot to system without configure or restore Google backup, then return on twrp and restore nandroid backup.
Tested also on A11.

rahul.a

Sep 7, 2010
Delhi
OnePlus 7 Pro
I used the oxygen updater app to download the latest OOS11 at the time.
I flashed the OTA update via the local upgrade method but DID NOT reboot.
I then used the Magisk app to install Magisk as a direct install but DID NOT reboot.
I went back to the Magisk app and installed the 2nd time to the inactive slot.
MY MISTAKE WAS TO FLASH TWRP IN BETWEEN THE MAGISK INSTALL'S WHICH OF COURSE DID NOT WORK IN THE END AND I'M SURE CORRUPTED THE STOCK RECOVERY AS WELL.
I then repeated the Magisk procedure above and then rebooted.
The phone eventually booted into OOS11 with all apps and data intact and was still rooted.
However when I thoughtlessly tried to boot into recovery I got stuck in the TWRP boot loop.
I should of known better as that's what happened the first time.
I had to use the MSM tool and went back to OOS 10.3.8 and used my TWRP backup to restore back to where I was before the upgrade.
I also had backed up my storage data ,downloads folder, DCIM folder etc. and all data that would normally be wiped in re installing again.
I cannot be 100% sure that this will work for everyone.
I have done this twice on my OnePlus 7 Pro GM1910 and it worked both times.
All I can suggest is backup EVERYTHING you don't want to lose.
OOS11 is not stable enough for my liking and the restoration back to where I was with OOS 10 is too time consuming for me to try again.
I will wait for TWRP to be compatible with Android 11 before I try again.
Good luck...
just wanted to know how well it will turn out , since I have decrypted my 7pro on A10

midgo12

May 30, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
just wanted to know how well it will turn out , since I have decrypted my 7pro on A10
I installed the latest OOS11 over 2 weeks ago using the below procedure and have had no issues so far...

1. Install OTA update as a local upgrade but DON'T REBOOT.
2. Open Magisk and install to direct install DON'T REBOOT.
3. Open Magisk again and install to inactive slot NOW REBOOT.
4. After reboot you should still be rooted and have the latest OTA update with stock recovery.
5. Use phone stock recovery to boot into bootloader mode.
6. Use your PC with adb to flash nebrassy 2 TWRP image in the phone bootloader mode.
7. When in TWRP go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP.
8. Flash latest Magisk (have this .zip file in download folder already) again to keep root.
9. Reboot and enjoy latest OOS11 version with TWRP and rooted.

Last edited:

rahul.a

Sep 7, 2010
Delhi
OnePlus 7 Pro
I installed the latest OOS11 over 2 weeks ago using the below procedure and have had no issues so far...

1. Install OTA update as a local upgrade but DON'T REBOOT.
2. Open Magisk and install to direct install DON'T REBOOT.
3. Open Magisk again and install to inactive slot NOW REBOOT.
4. After reboot you should still be rooted and have the latest OTA update with stock recovery.
5. Use phone stock recovery to boot into bootloader mode.
6. Use your PC with adb to flash nebrassy 2 TWRP image in the phone bootloader mode.
7. When in TWRP go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP.
8. Flash latest Magisk (have this .zip file in download folder already) again to keep root.
9. Reboot and enjoy latest OOS11 version with TWRP and rooted.
Didn't work out for me. followed same instructions. It just wont boot. after flashing OTA followed by magisk. It got stuck into bootloop.

midgo12

May 30, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Didn't work out for me. followed same instructions. It just wont boot. after flashing OTA followed by magisk. It got stuck into bootloop.
Sorry to hear this.
Perhaps this post by Dark Fear replying to mine on another thread may help.
Conflicting Magisk modules may be causing the problem?

rahul.a

Sep 7, 2010
Delhi
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sorry to hear this.

I removed modules before upgrading. I think I forgot to flash DM verity which encrypted my storage and wont let me boot.

Last edited:

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
Viterbo
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sorry to hear this.

Yes if module aren't compatible so you must disable it or delete.

Top Liked Posts