• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

MisiekDP

Dec 25, 2014
Kraków
OnePlus 7 Pro
For me this method always worked:
From twrp flash same OOS version of your nandroid backup and twrp to both slots, format data and boot to system without configure or restore Google backup, then return on twrp and restore nandroid backup.
Tested also on A11.
Yeah, I tried it too bro but still bootloop :/ I have an Magisk and EdXposed installed too.

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
Viterbo
OnePlus 7 Pro
Yeah, I tried it too bro but still bootloop :/ I have an Magisk and EdXposed installed too.
I never made a nandroid including modem and be sure that system version flashed and nandroid are the same, but like sai the very important thing is that you need to boot the system flashed before restore the nandroid.
Personally not using xposed from long time, can give issues.

tperki

Feb 11, 2015
Hartford CT
OnePlus 7 Pro
I have a OP7P, GM1917. I am running OOS 10.3.8 (don't want to update to 11). I followed an older guide to rooting and installing TWRP, version 3.4.0_9-10. Everything appears to work fine. But I see the latest TWRP is 3.4.0_10 and doesn't have a zip file, just img. My questions are: does the version I installed have the "latest" boot image? As I understand it, TWRP includes the boot image, so did I install an older boot image when I installed 3.4.0_9-10? If it is older, what is the best way to update it? Do I install the -10 version using fastboot? Thanks for answering a noob question. With 175 pages it is difficult to sift through and find this specific issue.

immppa

Dec 5, 2012
Joensuu
I have a OP7P, GM1917. I am running OOS 10.3.8 (don't want to update to 11). I followed an older guide to rooting and installing TWRP, version 3.4.0_9-10. Everything appears to work fine. But I see the latest TWRP is 3.4.0_10 and doesn't have a zip file, just img. My questions are: does the version I installed have the "latest" boot image? As I understand it, TWRP includes the boot image, so did I install an older boot image when I installed 3.4.0_9-10? If it is older, what is the best way to update it? Do I install the -10 version using fastboot? Thanks for answering a noob question. With 175 pages it is difficult to sift through and find this specific issue.
Yes there is a zip file

protechtedd

Jun 17, 2014
I have a question regarding updating the OS via OTA (updating within Settings>System):

If I have used DM-Verity Force Encrypt zip to decrypt my data partition, (and have twrp/magisk installed), when I do an OTA update, will have to go through all the same steps once again? And if so, wont that force me to format data?

In other words, is there a way to do OTA updates without formatting data every time, and keeping the data decrypted via the preexisting Dm-Verity Force Encrypt?

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
I've been away from this scene for a long time now. Did anyone pickup the project or are we using something else instead yet? Or is mauronofrio's TWRP what we got right now?

rassawyer

Aug 8, 2012
Hanover
www.rassawyer.com
I've been away from this scene for a long time now. Did anyone pickup the project or are we using something else instead yet? Or is mauronofrio's TWRP what we got right now?
I am in similar situation, however, I found this, which booted on my OnePlus 7 Pro, running latest beta of 11, with encryption, and successfully decrypted:

Reactions: H4X0R46

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
Viterbo
OnePlus 7 Pro
I have a question regarding updating the OS via OTA (updating within Settings>System):

If I have used DM-Verity Force Encrypt zip to decrypt my data partition, (and have twrp/magisk installed), when I do an OTA update, will have to go through all the same steps once again? And if so, wont that force me to format data?

In other words, is there a way to do OTA updates without formatting data every time, and keeping the data decrypted via the preexisting Dm-Verity Force Encrypt?
No format data needed if you are using DFE, just make this simple steps to update:
1 - Download update zip from oxygen updater app (not internal updater) or other
2 - Open Magisk and disable modules that you know can give compatibili issues like graphics mod
3 - Reboot to Twrp and flash OTA + Twrp
4 - Reboot to Twrp and flash DFE + Magisk
5 - Reboot to system

Now you have updated your device without data loss and with Twrp + Magisk working.

• Love
Reactions: protechtedd

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
I am in similar situation, however, I found this, which booted on my OnePlus 7 Pro, running latest beta of 11, with encryption, and successfully decrypted:
Oh! In the OnePlus 7 Cross Platform section 👀 Didn't think to look there! Well shoot, I wonder if this is where we will have to look from now on for TWRP on this device. One thing I notice immediately is that it's not distributed as a zip, instructions say how to install it differently, but that's gonna irk me lol Good looking out! Thanks!

5star02707

Dec 1, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Oh! In the OnePlus 7 Cross Platform section 👀 Didn't think to look there! Well shoot, I wonder if this is where we will have to look from now on for TWRP on this device. One thing I notice immediately is that it's not distributed as a zip, instructions say how to install it differently, but that's gonna irk me lol Good looking out! Thanks!
Just a heads up back up doesn't work in TWRP so need to use an app now for data backups.

Reactions: H4X0R46

Top Liked Posts