• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

balrog558

Apr 11, 2012
I've got a litle issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with though. When I installed a new ROM, I somehow lost TWRP and now I can't reinstall it. I can get into the ROM's base recovery (can't do anything in there), but when I try to load TWRP from fastboot I get
writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: No such file or directory)

Not really sure how to proceed from here, as I've never encountered this before, I've tried booting directly to TWRP using the .img, but no luck.

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
I've got a litle issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with though. When I installed a new ROM, I somehow lost TWRP and now I can't reinstall it. I can get into the ROM's base recovery (can't do anything in there), but when I try to load TWRP from fastboot I get
writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: No such file or directory)

Not really sure how to proceed from here, as I've never encountered this before, I've tried booting directly to TWRP using the .img, but no luck.
When you try fastboot boot command it says that? What version Android is the ROM? Have you tried fastboot flash boot command? If that works, then you can just get the boot.img of the ROM reflash it then try flashing TWRP again??

mortezq

Aug 20, 2021
Hi guys!
so, Ive tried everything trying to install Twrp on my device coming from Oos 11 after unlocking my bootloader. at last I successfully installed Lineage Recovery instead. so I was wondering can I install this rom on my device using Lineage Recovery instead? so I dont get bootlopps etc... and if so, what steps am I going to go through? do I need!
thanks!

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi guys!
so, Ive tried everything trying to install Twrp on my device coming from Oos 11 after unlocking my bootloader. at last I successfully installed Lineage Recovery instead. so I was wondering can I install this rom on my device using Lineage Recovery instead? so I dont get bootlopps etc... and if so, what steps am I going to go through?
thanks!
Your need the Nebrassy TWRP on the cross development link for A11

Reactions: Fif_

mortezq

Aug 20, 2021
When you try fastboot boot command it says that? What version Android is the ROM? Have you tried fastboot flash boot command? If that works, then you can just get the boot.img of the ROM reflash it then try flashing TWRP again??
I also got exact same issue, thats why I successfully was able to install los recovery instead, but I dont know if that works also to flash roms without any issues!?

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
ok, so I just have to "fastboot flash ROMNAME.zip"? and can u provide link to the root.img for oneplus 7 pro?
Try fastboot boot <twrp file name here> with nebrassy twrp from the link I posted if it boots then you hit advanced flash current TWRP then reboot to recovery and you should boot to TWRP again then you flash your ROM after the ROM is flashed, switch slots in TWRP and last current TWRP again and reboot recovery if you are on the opposite slot that you started from then you are on the ROM slot now that you flashed. That is when you flash magisk if you're going to use it and then format data where you have to type in yes for it to work and then boot system if your ROM needs gapps flash that before magisk what ROM is it?

mortezq

Aug 20, 2021
Try fastboot boot <twrp file name here> with nebrassy twrp from the link I posted if it boots then you hit advanced flash current TWRP then reboot to recovery and you should boot to TWRP again then you flash your ROM after the ROM is flashed, switch slots in TWRP and last current TWRP again and reboot recovery if you are on the opposite slot that you started from then you are on the ROM slot now that you flashed. That is when you flash magisk if you're going to use it and then format data where you have to type in yes for it to work and then boot system if your ROM needs gapps flash that before magisk what ROM is it?
ok, first off, what do you mean by "switch slots"? can u post some pics if u can. also, if I format where I have to type yes, doesnt that wipe the rom itself and everything inside the phone? which makes it empty and not bootable?

Or can I skip this steps, factory reset, flash rom and gapps, then reboot for crDroid rom!?

Last edited:

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
ok, first off, what do you mean by "switch slots"? can u post some pics if u can. also, if I format where I have to type yes, doesnt that wipe the rom itself and everything inside the phone? which makes it empty and not bootable?
When you type yes to format data that just wipes your data partition not the system.. so if you are running CR Droid and you format data and then reboot to system it will be like you just flashed the ROM again because data is gone. To switch slots you are on an AB slot phone so if you flash from the ROM from the a slot it flashes to slot B after you flash ROM click reboot on the main twrp screen there is a switch slots option

mortezq

Aug 20, 2021
When you type yes to format data that just wipes your data partition not the system.. so if you are running CR Droid and you format data and then reboot to system it will be like you just flashed the ROM again because data is gone. To switch slots you are on an AB slot phone so if you flash from the ROM from the a slot it flashes to slot B after you flash ROM click reboot on the main twrp screen there is a switch slots option
ok, thanks alot! 🙏🏽 do I need to wipe everthing like system and data before installing crDroid rom? bcs if I do wipe it then I have to connect my phone to pc to copy over the rom, gapps again?

also in crDroid page, there isnt anything mentioned about the slot? can I skip that part, right now it says "slot A" before flashing and wiping anything! and if I understood this, now Im in slot A, after im done flashing the rom, I have to reboot to recovery again and switch to slot A if its on slot B?

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
ok, thanks alot! 🙏🏽 do I need to wipe everthing like system and data before installing crDroid rom? bcs if I do wipe it then I have to connect my phone to pc to copy over the rom, gapps again?

also in crDroid page, there isnt anything mentioned about the slot? can I skip that part, right now it says "slot A" before flashing and wiping anything! and if I understood this, now Im in slot A, after im done flashing the rom, I have to reboot to recovery again and switch to slot A if its on slot B?
No just data. Your shouldn't really ever have to wipe system

mortezq

Aug 20, 2021
No just data. Your shouldn't really ever have to wipe system
so, i dont know if its bcs i use a mac, but if I wipe data where I have to types yes BEFORE flashing the rom, the rom & gapps zips gets deleted aswell, the problem is for some reason the phone cant read my usb otg or it gets stuck copying the again, what do I do?

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
so, i dont know if its bcs i use a mac, but if I wipe data where I have to types yes BEFORE flashing the rom, the rom & gapps zips gets deleted aswell, the problem is for some reason the phone cant read my usb otg or it gets stuck copying the again, what do I do?
I see. You can adb push the files after format, but i always format data at the very end so I don't have to use adb. My OTG works though so that helps or put the files you need on /dev then they should stay until you reboot recovery

• Love
Reactions: mortezq

Top Liked Posts