[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

khalisz

Nov 7, 2012
Paris
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
OnePlus 5
On my forum I recommend this method:
- Unlock the bootloader on OOS 11 (if your need)
- Disable all Magisk modules before updating
- Update locally (from settings) via zip
- Not reboot after updating the firmware, install Magisk in both slots (active and inactive)
- Reboot

Try this metod, if magisk was not previously installed and the system is clean, you can skip the magisk item, as far as I understand
Actually, my 7pro is already unlocked with TWRP 3.7 + Magisk.
Okay, I'll do it and will let know you.
Maybe today or in a few days (need time).

Androidiano Devoto

Feb 16, 2016
Hi All.
Updated my Guacamole OP7Pro to Android 12

Version : OS 12.1
Model : GM 1910_11_H30 ( ROM Eu )

Question: now I losed Root ! then I got Full Stock

I need to get FULL ROM because I want Root without TWRP.
I would Patch Boot.img to have Magisk and Root without TWRP.

Can anyone help me to find FULL Stock ROM ( my version ) to download?

Thanx in advance

Jenjop

Nov 21, 2015
OnePlus 7 Pro
Got stuck in a weird situation and wondering if anyone has ideas.
Current State:
Slot_A on OOS 11, can boot TWRP via Fastboot
Slot_B on OOS 12, can only boot into Fastboot

Originally on OOS 11, booted TWRP and made backups of all partitions (data, boot, system image, vendor image, etc.). Forgot to move this to computer so this is all still stored on device.

Proceeded with OOS 12 upgrade (into Slot B). Patched magisk, rebooted, then flashed TWRP 3.7 (FBEv1), direct installed magisk, rebooted. - Everything was functional, but decided to go back to OOS 11.

Thinking I could just use the TWRP backup made on OOS 11, I did the following:
Booted into 3.7 TWRP
Restored the backup for boot, system image, and vendor image
Set active slot to Slot A and reboot

It doesn't allow me to boot into the OS (Presumably because the data was re-encrypted for OOS 12?)

Set active-slot=b and reboot, but it's locked to fastboot.

I've attempted a few things, but I can't boot back into OOS. I would prefer to retrieve my TWRP backups first before doing an MSM reset.

When on Slot_A (older), I can only boot into TWRP 3.6.2 and 3.7. I'm guessing 3.6.2 can't decrypt since it's only configured for A11 and under, but not sure why 3.7 can't decrypt my data.
- It doesn't even ask for pin when TWRP launches; maybe it's reading the System for Slot_A and thinks i'm still on A11?
- running `twrp decrypt {pin}` doesn't seem to work. Unsure if there's something done to my lockscreen pin to be used as the encryption key/password?
When on Slot_A, attempting to boot into either the system or TWRP hangs.

Things I've tried:
Flashing A11 boot.img and magisk-patched boot.img to Slot_A -> Hangs on 1+ Spinning dots
Flashing A12 boot.img and magisk-patched boot.img to Slot_B -> Hangs on 1+ logo (Does show up on ADB though)
Booting Slot_B into TWRP 3.6.2 (Official, and Nebrassy unofficial for A12) and TWRP 3.7 -> Gets stuck on "Fastboot Mode" screen (fastboot cli still responds) or Hangs on snapdragon logo

Any help would be appreciated

Edit: Ended up using MSM. Needed device for work

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts