[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4

I tried booting to the img using fastboot boot but it wouldn't show up, just sits with "Fastboot Mode" on the screen (I'm encrypted with pin and not willing to run unencrypted)

I think I'll wait for now, I have a feeling we're gonna get either a final Android 11 version or a release preview soon since they added a survey to the Beta 2 post on the OnePlus forums. Seems like they're putting out feelers for final show stopping bugs.

When the final comes out they'll release source (hopefully at the same time if not shortly after), then we'll get a fully compatible version (Unless there's something unexpected that breaks TWRP but it's unlikely)

Last edited:

grajek05

Oct 28, 2020
Hi I have a problem with my Oneplus 7 pro. as I used the command fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-guacamole.img It works then there is the TWRP logo but the problem is that it requires a password but if I skip it I have 0mb but if I restart the system it works. How can I fix this I used a laptop for this

@soka

Aug 8, 2014
Glencoe
Hi I have a problem with my Oneplus 7 pro. as I used the command fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-guacamole.img It works then there is the TWRP logo but the problem is that it requires a password but if I skip it I have 0mb but if I restart the system it works. How can I fix this I used a laptop for this
You need to enter your screen unlock password for it to work.

Reactions: grajek05

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4

That's because your storage is encrypted by your pin/lock pattern. If you don't confirm it then TWRP can't read your storage so reports it as 0

Reactions: grajek05

T-RoR

Mar 5, 2008
I believe that's covered if you read the last few pages

I've been following the thread for a few months. It seems that what works is 3.5.0 plus Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt. The last version that was under 3.4.0 was 9 (3.4.0-9) and it gave problems with encryption in Android 11. But, in post 1 of this thread, now there is a version 3.4.0-10 that says "Android 11 Decryption". I am still in doubt.

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
I've been following the thread for a few months. It seems that what works is 3.5.0 plus Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt. The last version that was under 3.4.0 was 9 (3.4.0-9) and it gave problems with encryption in Android 11. But, in post 1 of this thread, now there is a version 3.4.0-10 that says "Android 11 Decryption". I am still in doubt.

3.4.0-10 works with Android 11. Just not OOS 11 yet.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Please forgive me if this is the wrong thread for me to post the following question. If so, I'm glad to go to whatever thread is more appropriate.

I have two OnePlus 7 Pro devices (both GM-1917). One has a broken screen and I use it as a test device, and the other is my main device. The main one is running OOS 10.3.8. On the test device, I have been testing the latest version of the Resurrection Remix ROM (which I'll now call the "RR ROM"). On both devices, I'm running TWRP. There is only one small difference between the devices themselves: the test device has 8Gig of memory, and the main device has 12Gig.

I will soon have tested the RR ROM to my satisfaction, and at that time, I'd like to install it on the main device. I'm wondering if I can successfully do this via TWRP backup/restore.

In other words, can I do the following? ...

* Take a TWRP backup on the RR ROM device.
* Using "adb pull", pull that backup down to my desktop machine.
* Using "adb push", push that backup from my desktop machine up to the main device.
* Do a TWRP restore on the main device from this backup.

If I do this, would the main device then properly come up with the RR ROM that has been running on the test device?

If there is a chance that this can work, which partitions should I backup and restore? These are the available partitions on my device ...

* Boot
* System Image
* Vendor Image
* Data (excluding storage)
* Modem
* EFS

Thank you in advance for any advice about this.

Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Please forgive me if this is the wrong thread for me to post the following question. If so, I'm glad to go to whatever thread is more appropriate.

I have two OnePlus 7 Pro devices (both GM-1917). One has a broken screen and I use it as a test device, and the other is my main device. The main one is running OOS 10.3.8. On the test device, I have been testing the latest version of the Resurrection Remix ROM (which I'll now call the "RR ROM"). On both devices, I'm running TWRP. There is only one small difference between the devices themselves: the test device has 8Gig of memory, and the main device has 12Gig.

I will soon have tested the RR ROM to my satisfaction, and at that time, I'd like to install it on the main device. I'm wondering if I can successfully do this via TWRP backup/restore.

In other words, can I do the following? ...

* Take a TWRP backup on the RR ROM device.
* Using "adb pull", pull that backup down to my desktop machine.
* Using "adb push", push that backup from my desktop machine up to the main device.
* Do a TWRP restore on the main device from this backup.

If I do this, would the main device then properly come up with the RR ROM that has been running on the test device?

If there is a chance that this can work, which partitions should I backup and restore? These are the available partitions on my device ...

* Boot
* System Image
* Vendor Image
* Modem
* EFS

Thank you in advance for any advice about this.
Your restored backup would think it was the other phone, I believe. Other than the sim/imei which are hardcoded. Don't know if that would be bad, though. I wonder about running both devices simultaneously in that case. Might cause weird things to happen with syncing and such. Wouldn't matter if you just flash your test device to something else or even wipe data/cache and start with a fresh RR install

Reactions: HippoMan

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Your restored backup would think it was the other phone, I believe. Other than the sim/imei which are hardcoded. Don't know if that would be bad, though. I wonder about running both devices simultaneously in that case. Might cause weird things to happen with syncing and such. Wouldn't matter if you just flash your test device to something else or even wipe data/cache and start with a fresh RR install
Thank you very much.

After successfully doing such a cloning operation, I don't care about the test device any more, and it won't matter to me whether the main device now "thinks" it's the former test device. I'll shut down the test device at that point, anyway, and I'll even do a factory reset on it, if that could help.

So, if I do this, which partitions should I backup and restore?

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Thank you very much.

After successfully doing such a cloning operation, I don't care about the test device any more, and it won't matter to me whether the main device now "thinks" it's the former test device. I'll shut down the test device at that point, anyway, and I'll even do a factory reset on it, if that could help.

So, if I do this, which partitions should I backup and restore?
Before you make the backup on your test, set screen lock to "swipe" or "none", unless you are running decrypted.

Backup system, data, boot, and recovery (if that exists). Cache will rebuild itself.

When you copy the backup to the main phone, you might need to just move the single backup folder that's located at TWRP/backups/*device-id*/*your-backup* to the main phone's device-id subfolder.

Otherwise, you have to manually point TWRP at the right restore folder. It normally will only show you backups in its own device id directory.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Before you make the backup on your test, set screen lock to "swipe" or "none", unless you are running decrypted.

Backup system, data, boot, and recovery (if that exists). Cache will rebuild itself.

When you copy the backup to the main phone, you might need to just move the single backup folder that's located at TWRP/backups/*device-id*/*your-backup* to the main phone's device-id subfolder.

Otherwise, you have to manually point TWRP at the right restore folder. It normally will only show you backups in its own device id directory.
Thank you very much.

Do you think I would also need to restore the "Vendor" partition? This is the list of partitions on my device:

* Boot
* System Image
* Vendor Image
* Modem
* EFS

Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Thank you very much.

Do you think I would also need to restore the "Vendor" partition? This is the list of partitions on my device:

* Boot
* System Image
* Vendor Image
* Modem
* EFS
Yeah, vendor too. Forgot that one. It won't hurt to back up modem and EFS, but I wouldn't restore them unless you have a backup of the ones on your main phone. Modem shouldn't cause trouble. EFS .. I can't remember. Haven't used this device in some time.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Yeah, vendor too. Forgot that one. It won't hurt to back up modem and EFS, but I wouldn't restore them unless you have a backup of the ones on your main phone. Modem shouldn't cause trouble. EFS .. I can't remember. Haven't used this device in some time.
Thank you. I'll include "Vendor".

And yes, modem and EFS are very device-specific.

Top Liked Posts