[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

MCFADONNA

Oct 17, 2006
ARVADA,CO
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
After you decrypted your phone, boot from fastboot to twrp, then flash magisk and dfe and all work.
I'm sure that will work but I would rather stay encrypted with magisk hidden. So I down graded to A10, this got rid of twrp. Updated to A11 via OTA then installed magisk apk. Downloaded the full update zip via oxygen updater. Extracted the boot image with python and payload dumper. Patched the image with magisk then flashed the patched image reboot then flash to both slots. Phone works now better than it ever did with twrp installed

Last edited:

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm sure that will work but I would rather stay encrypted with magisk hidden. So I down graded to A10, this got rid of twrp. Updated to A11 via OTA then installed magisk apk. Downloaded the full update zip via oxygen updater. Extracted the boot image with python and payload dumper. Patched the image with magisk then flashed the patched image reboot then flash to both slots. Phone works now better than it ever did with twrp installed
what region is your op7 pro?

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
you have a module enabled that isn't agreeing with the new OS
very likely. it seems to be the only tangible explanation. I've tried removing them with this command

adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

but it cannot be performed because /system is inaccessible or can't be found or something. I know I can start clean from a factory reset but I REALLY need my phone up for work. I hope to find a less radical way.

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks for your time. When I'll get home I will definitely watch this video. Wich it works for me. Unrooted phones are unbearable man.
damn. I did the exact same thing apart from unlocking the bootloader coz it's already unlocked. but when

fastboot boot filename.img

it's not booting and the OP logo keeps spinning until it restarts automatically.

I think it's a magisk module that was activated when I upgraded to 11.0.1.1 from 11.0.0.2 and is incompatible with the latest firmware however I don't know how to disable or remove these modules my unrooted OP

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
For those who cannot boot successfully after flashing a patched OOS 11 boot image correctly i. IT IS A MAGISK MODULE for sure. the problem is that you Can't uninstall it via a command line such as

adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

or from TWRP terminal using

sh /sdcard/mm

the only way to remove them is:

1- Boot into TWRP from this thread using the fastboot boot twrp.img it supports oos 11 encryption
2 - Once in TWRP, select Advanced > File Manager.
3 - Navigate to /data/adb/modules.
4 - You can see folders for all the modules you have installed.
5 - Tap on the folder for the module that you last installed, which is probably the cause of the bootloop. You can select any other module as well if you want to delete that one.
6 - Once inside the folder, tap on the check button in the bottom-right corner.
7 - From the available options, select Delete.
8 - On the next page, swipe at the bottom to confirm the delete.
Now that you are done with the suspected modules you can flash the patched boot image or simply flash the latest magisk.apk yes .apk no need for .zip from the install option in TWRP and your device should boot correctly after which just install magisk "Direct Install" from Magisk App
DONE

Last edited:
1- Boot into TWRP from this thread using the fastboot boot twrp.img it supports oos 11 encryption
Thanks for this! My update was running wired (was unable to enter any settings and much else crashed). Tried to use the TWRP from this thread but NONE OF ALL OF THEM was working! So I was nearly to full wipe my phone and try again to downgrade/upgrade when I stumbled across your post. I used the TWRP from that thread and was able to Fastboot into it again. The TWRP of this thread is just crashing/bootlooping and not working at all. Not the official one from TWRP.me and not the one from this thread. Thanks again to pointing to a TWRP that is working. With this is fixed the wrong installation and my phone is working normal again - many thanks!

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks for this! My update was running wired (was unable to enter any settings and much else crashed). Tried to use the TWRP from this thread but NONE OF ALL OF THEM was working! So I was nearly to full wipe my phone and try again to downgrade/upgrade when I stumbled across your post. I used the TWRP from that thread and was able to Fastboot into it again. The TWRP of this thread is just crashing/bootlooping and not working at all. Not the official one from TWRP.me and not the one from this thread. Thanks again to pointing to a TWRP that is working. With this is fixed the wrong installation and my phone is working normal again - many thanks!
You're welcome man. Happy to know that you fixed your phone.

Reactions: GoodSoul

Top Liked Posts