[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][U][guacamole]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

RogerNZ

Aug 25, 2016
Hi.
Please excuse me if this is a stupid question. But I run a diabetes monitoring app 24/7 on my phone. So kind of important to me I don't mess my phone up.
I am running A11 with Magisk. Can I install this TWRP simply by installing via Magisk? Or does it not work like that? Must fastboot?
TIA.

HermitDash

Jul 31, 2009
Brooklyn
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Hi.
Please excuse me if this is a stupid question. But I run a diabetes monitoring app 24/7 on my phone. So kind of important to me I don't mess my phone up.
I am running A11 with Magisk. Can I install this TWRP simply by installing via Magisk? Or does it not work like that? Must fastboot?
TIA.
Gotta go through Fastboot to install TWRP. The one from this thread doesn't support encryption so the one from this thread should work for the moment. If anything back a backup of the app data from your diabetic monitor then proceed to do what you need to install TWRP if that's what you need.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I am attempting to install TWRP to my recovery. I have successfully gotten a custom Android 11 Rom, rooted it and installed my choice of a custom kernel. Early on in the process I was able to do "fastboot boot twrp.img" without issue and at one point even had twrp installed but lost it while still working on the rom. The device now fails when using fastboot boot....the terminal shows it pushed twrp successfully, the phone shows the fastboot logo and it never goes farther than that. The only bright note is it's still in fastboot mode so a fastboot reboot command will get me back into the rom. The problem is I've found no other way I can install TWRP because it needs to partition the boot image to install the recovery ramdisk.

If anyone can provide a suggestion other than "restore factory and start from scratch" I'd appreciate it. The phone is a GM1915 (T-Mobile) which has been modded to run the international software (which I guess is now irrelevant since it's running Derpfest with the Dora Kernel). Currently no "recovery_a" partition exists so a "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" will not work.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
That version seems unstable....it shows internal storage of 0 and doesn't show any files but it DOES boot.....now all I need is one that boots AND works. The nebrassy one is also 96mb while the images here are around 31mb. Pretty big difference. I redownloaded them to make sure I had good images but they still failed to boot.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That version seems unstable....it shows internal storage of 0 and doesn't show any files but it DOES boot.....now all I need is one that boots AND works. The nebrassy one is also 96mb while the images here are around 31mb. Pretty big difference. I redownloaded them to make sure I had good images but they still failed to boot.
Because you might be using fbev2, so it won't decrypt.

tuyetthan200

Dec 22, 2013
Currently my phone ( GM1915 ) is stuck in Fastboot Mode after I downgraded from TWRP 3.5.1 to TWRP 3.3.1-4

This is my stupid act if my phone has no data, but since my phone has important data, can I ask is there any way to fix it without losing data?

Please help me !
Sorry for my bad english

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Currently my phone ( GM1915 ) is stuck in Fastboot Mode after I downgraded from TWRP 3.5.1 to TWRP 3.3.1-4

This is my stupid act if my phone has no data, but since my phone has important data, can I ask is there any way to fix it without losing data?

Please help me !
Sorry for my bad english
Download a reliable version of TWRP and use "fastboot boot twrpfilename.img" to boot twrp(this boots it without installing it so you can try different versions if necessary)...you can then flash it to recovery or whatever you want to do.

MisiekDP

Dec 25, 2014
Kraków
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,
I am having trouble restoring a backup of TWRP on my OnePlus 7 Pro. I made a full backup of Oxygen OS 10.0.10 (Android 10) two days ago. I also had Magisk Canary (root) on Android with some modules (Xposed for example). I selected /data, /modem, /system_image, /vendor_image and /boot for the backup. The backup was successful, the checksums match. I also made a backup with the PIN set on the screen, but after entering Recovery TWRP always decrypts the /data partition correctly. The smartphone was fully encrypted.

Yesterday I wanted to restore the full system including data, but I'm still having problems with this. After restoring a backup, there is a continuous bootloop at startup (you can see the logo of the loading Android system), but after a few tens of seconds there is a reboot and so on all the time. I've done full format of smartphone using MsmDownloadTool (I've flashed OxygenOS 10.0.10 with Msm (OxygenOS version as in TWRP backup)).
I've tried to install ROM 10.0.10 right after restoring a backup, but that didn't give me anything. Same with installing TWRP and Magisk after restoring backup - still nothing. I also uninstalled Magisk immediately after making a backup, then uploaded Magisk again and same bootloop.
I noticed that after restoring and formatting the /data partition, the system booted normally but without any data which is important to me.

I would ask for help, maybe someone knows how to fix this, maybe need to attach some log files - write what and how, I will attach everything necessary.

Top Liked Posts