[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][Unified]Official/Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 7/7 pro/5G (Stable)

Search This thread

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 11
Hi., A new update in the TWRP website came for OP7 and i installed it, it did got booted to TWRP but sadly the screen kept blinking and i couldn't move forward. Had to remove it. But a good news is slowly and steadily we are getting the recovery and other updates.

Reactions: Nimueh and ZenR2

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Hi., A new update in the TWRP website came for OP7 and i installed it, it did got booted to TWRP but sadly the screen kept blinking and i couldn't move forward. Had to remove it. But a good news is slowly and steadily we are getting the recovery and other updates.

Thanks for your report. I grabbed the update earlier and WAS going to flash it on my OP7 but I guess I'll hold off for now 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Are you on OOS10 or 11? A Telegram user said "The flashing screen is probably due to outdated kernel if on oos11". I'm still on 10 so still curious to know if it would work :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: murti52

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Has anybody besides murti52 updated their TWRP on an OP7? Running OOS 10 of course, since the update is NOT for 11.

I'd kinda like to know if the screen "flashes" on OOS 10 or if it works as intended ... I don't want to be the guinea pig here :D

Shyciii

Oct 12, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thanks for your report. I grabbed the update earlier and WAS going to flash it on my OP7 but I guess I'll hold off for now 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Are you on OOS10 or 11? A Telegram user said "The flashing screen is probably due to outdated kernel if on oos11". I'm still on 10 so still curious to know if it would work :unsure:
Flashing screen me too. Im on A11 ob4.

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
I just flashed the OOS11 update, then wanted to boot into TWRP but it's stuck on the "Fastboot Mode" screen. I can reboot to Android just fine, but TWRP won't start.

abdAlmuqtadir

Jul 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm on last Oxygen OS 10.3.8.GM57AA with TWRP 3.5.1

Is it safe to flash the last Oxygen OS 11, then flash last Magisk zip, reboot, to get the last update with root but without twrp. If I do this will it bootloop ?

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 11
Hello everyone,

Is it safe to flash the last Oxygen OS 11, then flash last Magisk zip, reboot, to get the last update with root but without twrp. If I do this will it bootloop ?
Actually no, it's not that simple. You will first have get the boot file from zip and patch it with magisk. Save it in your pc and then update the phone to android 11. Once it boots, install magisk and reboot to bootloader. Using adb, boot the phone using the patched boot. Once boot, install magisk again. That's how you the root will stay without TWRP.

If you just flash magisk and reboot it, it will again revert back to the original.. so no root.

Hope so i am clear. 😊

Meliiito

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello everyone,

If you want a TWRP and root under OOS A11, you need to flash the OOS11, TWRP, and i think the Disable encryption zip, but go back maybe around 152-154 page, someone explain the procedure how to get it working.

JhinCuatro

Mar 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

Yes. No TWRP, everything is fine. Make sure to disable ALL magisk modules, if any. Because no TWRP, you need to keep your stock boot.img handy for OOS 11 to forcibly disable magisk (and its modules) if it causes problems. If you're planning to go unencrypted, listen to what the other guy said.

You don't need magisk to patch the oos 11 image beforehand, as I simply flashed OOS, installed to inactive boot and everything was okay.... But OOS 11 is buggy. You just shouldn't upgrade yet.

Reactions: Nimueh

shuini

Dec 25, 2014
My OP7 has been upgraded to oos11. When I run the command "FastBoot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-guacamole.img ”, the phone just shows "FastBoot mode", and does not start to twrp.

Top Liked Posts